ForumsForum GamesRogue Trader: Lister Logs

118 32684
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(This is a closed game for a group who I am forming please do not post if your not in it)

Prologue
Dim cyan green lights flicker on the rusty tables and bar of The Black Peril tavern located on the void docks in Port Wander. A thickly black bearded man wipes a glass with a dirty rag. One other patron sits keeled over snoozing with a half spilled beer mug in one hand. The barkeep looks towards you “What’ll ya have?”

You're drawn here from a message on the imperial networks about a bounty on a familiar greenskined face, Badzappa. Here you hope to find comrades with a similar goal on hunting down this wily ole ork who has been pillaging the galaxy for the past fifty years.

• 118 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"If you have the supplies ready for refitting the ship we can go but for a detailed analysis we will have to find why the ship was abandoned in the first place."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I think for a moment...

"How about this. We go and find the planet and the ship and, on the journey there, you use the data we have to get a basic list of what we need. Then, while we are analyzing, Unna and Fabius can try to get us the supplies we need. What do you think?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"That would depend on how far this planet is from the nearest trade port. If we go in with at least a minimal supplies and team of workers we might be stuck on a planet waiting for them to return."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"How about we get some people and equipment here, then whatever else we need at Footfall. Then we can start while the ship goes back to pick up more supplies. Would that work?"

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

"Sounds like a plan, I will copy the data from you and make a work schedule based on the current data."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"I'll go and find Fabius and Unna. Can you please get me a basic list of equipment and numbers of people, in half an hour?"

I leave the engineering deck, head to the bridge and, through the servo skull's Vox, say "Unna, Fabius, please meet me on the bridge".

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

"We are going to get what equipment we can here, at the port, then more at Footfall. We will then set up on the planet. Rook and I will stay while you and Fabius return to Footfall for more men, food and equipment.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Rook sends a message of the list of supplies he needs to Captain Sarvus via data slate
---------------------------
Necessary Units for the endeavor read as follows

A Division of engineers and technicians (-20)
Several tons of common materials used to repair ship structure and hull (0)
An expensive warp core of a particular model (-30)
Weapon components (-10)
---------------------------
(we have a profit factor of 20, so roll a 1d100 and if its below or equal to 20 you get the item, apply the modifier of each to the roll and please post your results)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

-Time to get those supplies it sees.-

"So Unna, what do you think you can obtain? I have quite considerable...connections both high and low and resources throughout the sector, though I would prefer to keep my hands clean."

"I suggest we obtain the raw materials and equipment first, before we actually get in touch with the help."

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(Thanks to Kat's help, I have a plan. Nicho, since you have the inquiry skill, you need to attempt to pass a fellowship test and, for that, you have a -20 bonus, so 67 or less. Then you need to state the result of 20 minus the number of degrees of success (assuming that you pass). That is the number of hours it will take to find everything. Then we can attempt to purchase things. Hermit, tell me if that is all alright and please find out how many people we can carry to the planet, assuming that we are also carrying the engine and supplies.)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(Its all a profit test for acquisitions, who wants to roll for what goods is fine though i do not think skills really matter)

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(Inquiry is to find the things and a commerce test increases profit factor)

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Sorry, what do I roll for again?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

(Roll for inquiry-67 or less)

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

(hey Nicho its profit factor a 1d100 and you gotta roll below a 20, Swarm wants you to roll a skill test to get a bonus on profit factor, Commerce is the Skill you use to gain a bonus, check out pages 270-276 for more information on this aspect of the game)

Showing 91-105 of 118