ForumsForum GamesVote to Kick | Voting & Discussion

208 56562
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag107/Jose_Luis_Esguerra/VTK_banner_zpsz0sowaaw.jpg?t=1472737826

Voting Thread Purpose
Use this thread to discuss and vote who to kick. You don't need to vote right away, you may try persuading others to vote. If you vote, you cannot change or undo your vote. Please follow this template when voting:

@SirLegendary (tag me so I see that you casted your vote)

Voting to kick: (username)
Reason/s: (state your reason for voting this user out)

How to Play

There will be five to ten users (depending on how many sign up within 1 weeks). Every week users will vote to kick any one out of the group. The last person standing wins! How you survive depends on you and how you interact with the other members of the group. Discuss who to kick, vote, then he/she shall be kicked.

Simple sushi!

Rules

Please read carefully:

- No Flaming to get someone kicked, if you do, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Keep things in good spirit, if you don't, YOU WILL BE KICKED.
- Once you're kicked, you're kicked. THAT'S FINAL.
- Once you vote, you cannot change your vote.
- You may have more than one reason to vote for someone.
- This is not a popularity contest. Kick anyone.
- In the event of a draw, we will flip a coin to determine who's to be kicked out. If there are three or more users, we will roll a dice.
- If all users have voted before the round ends, the round will end.
- Once you are kicked, you cannot vote until the finals. Read the rule below.
- During the finals, all participants who have been eliminated will be called back to vote for the last kick.

Signed up!

1. @Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @red303
9. @shafaet
10. @BalkanRenegades

Eliminated

End of the round results/Spreadsheet

WINNER:

• 208 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Sorry, but I didn't copy your move, not consciously at least... it just stood out to me, and if we want to have a discussion, we need a better topic than why everybody likes blue, right?

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

No, there's no particular reason why I like orange, I like it because I like it

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Changing the subject since we really hit a brick wall in this one (xD), I've been digging into some AG history.
And this stands out.
Now, aside from the whole "things were fun back then" thing, I see Chryos and Ha were in Ol' Voidy's hit list

Chryos, why on earth would you vote the most dangerous mod just because everyone else did?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Well, that's something that I've completely forgotten about. Thanks for the reminder that I once voted during that thing.

Anyway, I was just following the herd back then. Didn't really think much about the consequences of my actions back then.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

what consequences? You got a merit for that

Unless if you mean we are going to vote you off for your voting behavior 5 years ago, which I want to hope is not the case I kinda brought the subject up just to discuss something semi-relevant

akshobhya
akshobhya
5,063 posts
Justiciar

I was not here at that time. What really happened?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Heh, I had totally forgotten about this, too. Wasn't I a brash little thing back then... I don't remember the details, though.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I was not here at that time. What really happened?

Well, In this thread, Gantic (which should have made everyone suspicious, but apparently, it didn't ) announced that they are going to dismiss ONE moderator. The Team consisted of Devoidless, Asherlee, Strop, Zophia, NoNameC68 and some others at the time. They justified that decision with AG v.3 that was a work in progress back then, because "with the new system, users will be pretty much able to moderate things themselves". Bear in mind, the thread was created by Gantic (a mod at the time) on March 25 2011, urging the community to vote to actually Fire a Moderator (Mods cannot fired but that's the term used ). Voting would take place until the end of the month (another hint).

Pretty much, as you can see, a massive percentage of users voted for Devoidless, until cormyn allegedly quit AG because of his disagreements with the rest of the team. Cormyn announced that "he resigned" and even constructed an elaborate story about how he gave the mods an emergency cell phone number of his to contact him during the holidays in case something goes wrong with the site. He continued narrating how one of the mods played a prank on him by forcefully subscribing that number to some paid ad services and how he was being woken up at nights by late night phone ads. He stated he argued with the rest of the team, they told him he had issues and eventually, as a final act of rage, he turned EVERY mod into an admin!

Devoidless was the first to start using this newfound opportunity by intimidating the users who voted for him and "threatening to purge them" xD Some could tell the joke, others got scared for a while, then realized it is far too absurd, and some others were genuinely scared as evidenced by the users' reactions in the thread In the meantime, John and some other user who *might* have been an admin at the time (or someone masquerading as one), caffeine101 (who is a mystery to everyone who wasn't there at the time. No honorable knight, not an admin either but he seems like a fake account used by one of the team) assured the community that the issue was being dealt with, that they were keeping an eye on the mods so that they won't abuse their powers, that cormyn was the one who had problems, not the rest of the team (John in particular accused him of hoarding Dr. Pepper in his office and shooting a nerf gun at one of John's monitors while the latter was working xD While the Dr Pepper scenario has been dismissed as a hoax, the nerf gun shooting is claimed to be actually true by the admins.)

Of course mods did not have real admin powers, it was all for appearances but with a large enough user base at the time, many were fooled by the hoax xD Even some of the rational ones, like GhostOfMatrix, who at first thought it was a joke, later feared the possibility that it may be true

You can read more about it in the threads I've linked. These are the most relevant threads I could find. I could not stop laughing at some users' reactions xD

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

@SirLegendary

Voting to kick: Chryos

Reason: for voting Devoidless in 2011

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Signed Up:

1. @/Loop_Stratos
2. @Doombreed
3. @/MattEmAngel
4. @HahiHa
5. @Chryosten
6. @armorplayergc
7. @akshobhya
8. @/red303
9. @shafaet
10. @/BalkanRenegades

Last few hours remaining to vote!

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

what consequences? You got a merit for that

Wait what? I got a merit for voting during that time? I was not aware of such things. (then again, I don't really keep track of my merits)

Gantic (which should have made everyone suspicious, but apparently, it didn't)

I think this was before Gantic started the Mental Poop and the Forumnauts stuff. Also, I doubt anyone was aware of Gantic's shenanigans at the time.

I should mention that I don't think anyone took that seriously. After all, who even lets the community vote for which mod to fire?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@SirLegendary

Voting: armorplayergc
Reason: for doing exactly what I hoped to avoid. People Change. AP on the contrary only seems to show up to vote.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Last few hours remaining to vote!

Aah! Quick!

@SirLegendary
Voting to kick: armorplayergc
Reasons: He just voted to kick someone for voting to kick someone. Need I say more?
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

@SirLegendary

Voting: HahiHa
Reason: Thanks to Doom, it has been revealed that HahiHa has conspired with several mods/admins and users to get rid of Devoidless along with several other mods in his long term plan to get mod position and furthermore get admin position. This way, he can eventually overthrow Dan before backstabbing everyone else into becoming the new leader of AG. Voting him out is the only way he can be stopped.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Oh noes! My evil plan has been revealed!

Showing 106-120 of 208