ForumsForum GamesI dunno a title for this but it's basically alternate history

150 38620
will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Hello. This is a game about Alternate history. the game starts at 1700 AD.

Every one of my posts is 1 year.

You can choose to join England, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, or Prussia.

There can be multiple people in the same country

You are not from the future. The tech is 1700 tech. However, you can make advances on said 1700 tech, then advances on that. Only one Advance per turn. No double posting. There is an edit button.
The first person to apply for one country is that said country's leader.

Year:1700
Wars:None
England:
France:
Spain:
Netherlands:
Austria:
Prussia:

This is not an RPG. You do not have to put a card down. That's my job.

• 150 Replies
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Alright. I guess my post is first here, so... A republican revolution breaks out in Spain, the leader of which, Garrotto Fernandez (let that be me, say) tries to take over the power. The people are supporting him, the gentry and royal court are trying to quell the revolution. Having inspired the people with utopian ideas of democracy the new leader is likely to succeed.
Is this post okay?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

You're actually on the second page now a little bug that makes threads on the second forum page display page 2 even if there is only one.

And now I know you're a subversive element We'll have to compete for Spain's throne I guess, since I joined it too. All this while being at war with England...

Edit: Right, that made me remember... @will3 Would it be possible to keep the information/situation in the OP updated as well?

Last4Skull
Last4Skull
2,265 posts
King

Renegociation about end of war , and i will supply spain with non lethal stuff for resisting to England before we could end this war!

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Oh, I see. Fernandez makes a futile attempt to assasinate His Majesty. Rebels consider moving to England for a while to gather strength and escape responsibility for the murder attempt. Civil war is at hand.

{Edit: his majesty? Well, whoever you are currently, @HahiHa}

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Actually, I don't know yet. will3 hasn't posted since I joined. And don't forget there can be more than one player siding with one country.

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Yeah, maybe we could actualy find a solution that would please us both. After all, we want a strong Spain, right?

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I'll join as the Austria King.

Alp_Ehni
Alp_Ehni
315 posts
Farmer

I want to be Austria!

mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Okay, we already need another year to pass, so that history would define the Spanish Ruler's posititon and title and my place in all of that.
Meanwhile, Garrotto decides to abort the revolution and offers [the ruler] to turn Spain into a democratic monarchy with himself as prime minister. "We loathe slavery, yes, but there can be nothing more loathesome than civil war" - he said. "Let us unite and build a strong spain, worthy of a ruler like yourself!"

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Year:1705
Wars:Anglo-Spanish War, Anglo-Prussian War
England: shaefaet (King)
France: Last4Skull (King)
Spain: HahiHa (King), mamibo (Prime Minister)
Netherlands: armorplayergc (King)
Austria: Razorlash (King), Alp_Ehni
Prussia:

I'm Picking England because they seem to be having the strongest Army and Manpower over all of these nations

I as the king of England declare war against the Prussians taking advantage of their weak military and their lack of communication with the rest of the nations.[quote/]

You declare war on the Prussians. The Prussians propose an alliance to the Spanish.

[quote]I'm going to join this, I'll pick Netherlands because it's a good territory (and because there's no Italy here :P)

You are now the King of the Netherlands. You are sent a French ambassador.

I'll side with Spain. I contact the French monarch asking for help in the war against England.

You see that a letter comes in when you send your letter to France. The Prussians are asking for a temporary alliance against England

(The conversation between HahiHa and mamibothat end with) Okay, we already need another year to pass, so that history would define the Spanish Ruler's position and title and my place in all of that.
Meanwhile, Garrotto decides to abort the revolution and offers [the ruler] to turn Spain into a democratic monarchy with himself as prime minister. "We loathe slavery, yes, but there can be nothing more loathesome than civil war" - he said. "Let us unite and build a strong spain, worthy of a ruler like yourself!"[quote/]

So, HahiHa, Do you agree? Also, Your troops receive lots of French food like baguettes... lots and lots of baguettes.

[quote]Edit: Right, that made me remember... @will3 Would it be possible to keep the information/situation in the OP updated as well?

I mean... I never thought about this... I'm gonna have to think about that...

Negotiation about end of war, and I will supply spain with non lethal stuff for resisting to England before we could end this war!

You negotiate to England about ending the war. Meanwhile, you send food, drink, etc. to Spain.

I'll join as the Austrian King.

You are now the Austrian king.

I want to be Austria!

Don't forget multiple people can be in the same country!

will3
will3
454 posts
Nomad

Armor Games isn't letting me edit, so

I'm Picking England because they seem to be having the strongest Army and Manpower over all of these nations

I as the king of England declare war against the Prussians taking advantage of their weak military and their lack of communication with the rest of the nations.

You declare war on the Prussians. The Prussians propose an alliance to the Spanish.

I'm going to join this, I'll pick Netherlands because it's a good territory (and because there's no Italy here :P)

You are now the King of the Netherlands. You are sent a French ambassador.

(The conversation between HahiHa and mamibo that ends with) Okay, we already need another year to pass, so that history would define the Spanish Ruler's position and title and my place in all of that.
Meanwhile, Garrotto decides to abort the revolution and offers [the ruler] to turn Spain into a democratic monarchy with himself as prime minister. "We loathe slavery, yes, but there can be nothing more loathesome than civil war" - he said. "Let us unite and build a strong spain, worthy of a ruler like yourself!"

So, HahiHa, Do you agree? Also, Your troops receive lots of French food like baguettes... lots and lots of baguettes.

Edit: Right, that made me remember... @will3 Would it be possible to keep the information/situation in the OP updated as well?

I mean... I never thought about this... I'm gonna have to think about that...

shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

I contact Netherlands asking for backup against Spain in-case of any retaliation and arm few of my men to travel across the ocean and deploy an attack on the Spanish Borderlines and their Military post in that city.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Armor Games isn't letting me edit, so

Try refreshing the page using F5?

I send one letter to Prussia to accept the temporary alliance, and one to France, thanking the King for the food but deploring the lack of military support: "opening a third front against England could win us the war and bring peace about".

I grant mamibo the post of Prime Minister. A civil war is the last thing I want.
mamibo
mamibo
686 posts
Scribe

Using the resourses and militia I had prepared for the revolution and the talent of my best commanders I fortify the sea borders with ease. My newly created team of war engineers are working on a prototype of an Automatic Resin Crosbow to shoot flaming arrows at boats and infantry. The people of our country are ready for anything. "Finaly we have a head and a voice! Finaly the good King hears us!" - wrote a contemporary Spanish philosopher.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

I'll help England in the war against Spain, and I send France a letter asking to help us against Spain attacking by land.

Showing 16-30 of 150