ForumsThe TavernPuzzleQuest: Community Challenge

57 24547
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Welcome If you are here, you probably saw this pop up in the main page and decided to check what it is about. Or maybe you didn’t. In any case, I will get right on it!
The most gracious team of knights to have ever graced this gracious land with their gracious presence (that is, @ivanxxxxxxx and myself of course ) has decided to host a fun puzzle game for this noble community xD

Specifically, ivan has worked on some logic puzzles that will be posted here. Anyone may try to solve them.

Rules

• The puzzles will be hard but created from scratch by @ivanxxxxxxx This means googling won’t help you! You will have to work hard to solve them
  • Do not take wild guesses. Support your answer with images if you can and explain your way of thinking.
  • At times you may be given a proper format for the solution. You can solve the puzzle a different way but try to convert that into the format for easier judging
  • Hints will be given out on regular occasions.
  • Each time there is a new puzzle or sets of puzzles, they will be uploaded.
  • There is no set time period in which the puzzles need to be solved.

Example:

- First puzzle (solved by @Doombreed and @Swarmlord2 ), posted on January 10th 2017. Originally posted here:

How Many Triangles Do You See?
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d7d55db7b294dffdd24a65d26eb085698b3605bb1760b30475197fe267520017.png

Answer: 88

Current puzzle to be solved:
ivan's dungeon - floor 2 (details)
https://s24.postimg.org/7kjbezryd/Ivan_Puzzle2f.png

With all that in mind, let's slide right into this! Best of luck

• 57 Replies
Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

\o/ Time to spin the pot ladies n gentlemen!

The most gracious team of knights to have ever graced this gracious land with their gracious presence

Don't you just love that line!?
Wait, what!? You aren't telling the amount differences That's so clever!

And the grayscale too.. Lovely puzzle m'lord.

Either way... Skull and I are doing this together (yassss)
The Saikun* wishes everyone a fun time
* = Pokun, aka Last4Skull, & Sai

@Last4Skull

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Our first players are already in it! Best of luck!

Wait, what!? You aren't telling the amount differences That's so clever!

Of course not. It *ahem* MAY be given out in a later hint if the puzzle proves too hard to crack

And the grayscale too.. Lovely puzzle m'lord.

ivan says thanks, but he is feeling a bit socially anxious, he's asked me to pass those on xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Alright, I found some.

In the top left with Indiana Jones, in one of the pictures there are three snakes and in the other there's two.

The castle next to Indiana Jones, one picture shows it's open, the other it's closed.

On the path in the north, one of the skull shaman guys replace a lizard guy in one picture.

On the edge of the west path another skull guy has black eyes in one picture, white in the other.

On the same path there is a guy with a sword who holds his sword at a different side in both pictures.

On the same path there is a skull in one picture, and in the other it's gone.

Speaking of skulls, that skull castle in the north has two skulls on the side in one pic, one in the other.

On top of the central castle there is a wizard, but there's also a big guy with an ax.

The castle has two windows, one of them disappears, another is in different spots.

On the right of the castle, there is a genie's lamp, but in the other pic there isn't.

Above the east path there is a small path where either a big ax guy is or a skulled shaman guy.

On the same small path a tree is either there, or it isn't.

On the south path there are two mummies, one of them can't decide where to look.

So I found about 13 or 14 differences. I'm pretty sure that's probably not all of them though.

Dang it Screw beat me to it.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@R2D21999 and @ScrewTheLag yes, you've missed some But you are doing well so far. For ease, you can try marking the differences in MSPaint and uploading the image, with the marked differences here.

K4R45U
K4R45U
5 posts
Peasant

I think there are only 17, I can't be bothered to search for more.
http://imgur.com/a/1DEwt
P.S. I have no clue how to post images, so here's a link

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Let me fix that link for you.
@K4R45U solution:
https://s24.postimg.org/nue95a9zp/5_Q11l7_X.jpg

Sadly, 17 is not a correct answer. Thank you for trying, I really appreciate it.

K4R45U
K4R45U
5 posts
Peasant

Thanks for fixing it, I'm new to using forums, so I dunno how to use them

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

ivan says thanks, but he is feeling a bit socially anxious, he's asked me to pass those on xD
Aww. That's adorable.. =D
Skull and I have found 17 differences so far I agree with Raven @K4R45U that there's only 17.. -_- Rest of the searching just makes you paranoid
http://image.prntscr.com/image/34f23dda53a74cdca42a3a8bef3ec149.png
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@Saiyoku

I am just been multitasking lately, hehe. Anyway, all the differences marked on the image are valid, but... unfortunately, (you didn't expect it to be that easy, did you?) 17 isn't a correct answer.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Very impressive @ScrewTheLag ,very impressive indeed, but unfortunately, 18 isn't a correct answer. :P

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I have 19 so far. I sent them to Doom. Probably a few more left

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

@Swarmlord2 It is ok, you can post it here for me to review it.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I would rather not. I don't like the idea of effectively giving away answers.

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

You can always send me a private message via ArmorGames chat.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Answer: 88
They missed at least four and counted another twice. I would have set the number at 78, but because some lines are very nearly parallel, the actual count can be up to 92. Solution here.

Find the differences between the 2 pictures:
There are exactly 19. 20 if you include one picture being higher than the other.
http://imgur.com/KJT7Ah6.png
Box marked 2: oval missing from top/oval added in bottom.
Box marked 3: different character/added tree/added stone.
Showing 1-15 of 57