ForumsThe TavernPuzzleQuest: Community Challenge

57 24546
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Welcome If you are here, you probably saw this pop up in the main page and decided to check what it is about. Or maybe you didn’t. In any case, I will get right on it!
The most gracious team of knights to have ever graced this gracious land with their gracious presence (that is, @ivanxxxxxxx and myself of course ) has decided to host a fun puzzle game for this noble community xD

Specifically, ivan has worked on some logic puzzles that will be posted here. Anyone may try to solve them.

Rules

• The puzzles will be hard but created from scratch by @ivanxxxxxxx This means googling won’t help you! You will have to work hard to solve them
  • Do not take wild guesses. Support your answer with images if you can and explain your way of thinking.
  • At times you may be given a proper format for the solution. You can solve the puzzle a different way but try to convert that into the format for easier judging
  • Hints will be given out on regular occasions.
  • Each time there is a new puzzle or sets of puzzles, they will be uploaded.
  • There is no set time period in which the puzzles need to be solved.

Example:

- First puzzle (solved by @Doombreed and @Swarmlord2 ), posted on January 10th 2017. Originally posted here:

How Many Triangles Do You See?
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d7d55db7b294dffdd24a65d26eb085698b3605bb1760b30475197fe267520017.png

Answer: 88

Current puzzle to be solved:
ivan's dungeon - floor 2 (details)
https://s24.postimg.org/7kjbezryd/Ivan_Puzzle2f.png

With all that in mind, let's slide right into this! Best of luck

• 57 Replies
Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

What form is the answer supposed to be in?

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

Also, do the spaces represent only one missing number or possibly multiple?

(yes i know there is an edit button but i can't find it)

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Muffin1634 whatever form you like. We just need the complete sequence and a complete explanation about the correct answer

@Swarmlord2 explanation. What is that and how did you get there, whatever it is?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I got 2459 by adding the squares of the individual digits, minus the number in the sequence.
4^2 - 1 = 15
1^2 + 7^2 -4 = 46
4^2 + 6^2 - 5 = 47
Therefore, the first space would be 1^2 + 5^2 - 2 = 24 which also works to calculate 17 because 2^2 + 4^2 - 3 = 17
Then the same to get 59
4^2 + 7^2 - 6 = 59
24 and 59 beside each other make 2459

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Swarmlord2 Correct xD

Challenge closed. Well done

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ivan's Dungeon - Floor 1

Thanks to the quick thinking of one of you, you discover the code that opens the door. Punching '2459' into the keypad unlocks it and you walk free...only to discover the horror outside might in the end make the cell more preferable.

This floor of the dungeon does not look promising at all. All you can find is a large open chest in one of its corners. Nothing else indicates a way to open the only door of that floor to get out of there.

Looking inside the chest you find only one thing. A drawing, onto a piece of cloth:

https://s30.postimg.org/cof1bfc41/Ivan_P5_Key.png

This magnificent key must be the metaphorical key you need to unlock the door. Speaking of which, the door has another complex mechanism operating it. Instead of a keypad though, all you see is this:

https://s28.postimg.org/y45bsgr19/Ivan7x_Puzzle5.png

Good luck

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Just to clarify because I get that question a lot. The question marks don't have anything to do with the puzzle other than just for appearances

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

So, it won't help if I say
purple, l.green, red/
pink, d.orange, l.blue/
d.blue, l.orange, d.green?

Muffin1634
Muffin1634
380 posts
Jester

i think it's sudoku...

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

(grinning violently) This is great
Just great.
This is a great puzzle. I love it.
yeah. I'm totally not lying.
Anyways, I've been thinking about this with @Boofuss
So, on the key, there are eight colors. While on the board, there are nine. Dark blue is being left out. That either means that dark blue is an unimportant color, or a very important one. With that logic, Boof and I thought "Hey, maybe the dark blue tiles reveal a code."
So, the top left block has one DB tile, top right has 5 tiles, middle has 3 tiles, bottom left has 2, as well as bottom right.

But those numbers have to go in an order. So then we thought, "Maybe the block with most tiles goes first." Top left 26, top right 28, bottom left 27, bottom right 30, middle 24.
So the order is, BR, TR, BL, TL, M. That makes 2, 5, 2, 1, 3. But then again, it could be "Maybe the block with least tiles goes first." And then the order is reversed, 31252.

But all of this is assuming that, each sudoku block is a button to press, since there is no keypad.

Trivia!
There are nine colors in total.
Dark blue tiles appear 13 times.
Red tiles appear 18 times.
Yellow tiles appear 14 times.
Pink tiles appear 14 times.
Dark Green tiles appear 16 times.
Orange tiles appear 17 times.
Purple tiles appear 16 times.
Green tiles appear 12 times.
Blue tiles appear 14 times.
Buuuuuuut you never know maybe I counted wrong.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

So, it won't help if I say
purple, l.green, red/
pink, d.orange, l.blue/
d.blue, l.orange, d.green?

Not really I am afraid sorry

And then the order is reversed, 31252.

This is all very interesting. Honestly! I like that. Buuuuut, wrong I am afraid That's not what you have to do in this puzzle. Try thinking it a bit more simply, like Chryos suggested xD I think you've been overthinking it.

Saiyoku
Saiyoku
1,954 posts
Bard

@Doombreed oh ._. Well, is that a no to 25231?

It's overthinking because there were two brains thinking on it.
well I hope the trivia helps someone else at least.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Yup, a clear no, you have to do something entirely different xD

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Well, this is as much as I care to do.

http://imgur.com/kqJ5Uwv.png

Showing 31-45 of 57