ForumsThe TavernPuzzleQuest: Community Challenge

57 24523
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Welcome If you are here, you probably saw this pop up in the main page and decided to check what it is about. Or maybe you didn’t. In any case, I will get right on it!
The most gracious team of knights to have ever graced this gracious land with their gracious presence (that is, @ivanxxxxxxx and myself of course ) has decided to host a fun puzzle game for this noble community xD

Specifically, ivan has worked on some logic puzzles that will be posted here. Anyone may try to solve them.

Rules

• The puzzles will be hard but created from scratch by @ivanxxxxxxx This means googling won’t help you! You will have to work hard to solve them
  • Do not take wild guesses. Support your answer with images if you can and explain your way of thinking.
  • At times you may be given a proper format for the solution. You can solve the puzzle a different way but try to convert that into the format for easier judging
  • Hints will be given out on regular occasions.
  • Each time there is a new puzzle or sets of puzzles, they will be uploaded.
  • There is no set time period in which the puzzles need to be solved.

Example:

- First puzzle (solved by @Doombreed and @Swarmlord2 ), posted on January 10th 2017. Originally posted here:

How Many Triangles Do You See?
https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/d7d55db7b294dffdd24a65d26eb085698b3605bb1760b30475197fe267520017.png

Answer: 88

Current puzzle to be solved:
ivan's dungeon - floor 2 (details)
https://s24.postimg.org/7kjbezryd/Ivan_Puzzle2f.png

With all that in mind, let's slide right into this! Best of luck

• 57 Replies
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

https://s24.postimg.org/9a9zv106t/kq_J5_Uwv.png

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Swarmlord2 your dedication to getting out of the dungeon is commendable xD

@FishPreferred your services will not be forgotten

@Muffin1634 Your instinct was correct. It was sudoku please excuse me for ignoring you before, I just didn't want to confirm or deny the notion for obvious reasons.

Challenged closed. Winner is once again Swarmlord2 (if this keeps up, I see us just making puzzles for Swarm to solve eventually )

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

One other thing. To clarify the thing about the key.

As you can see each color shows up in the key with the exception of dark blue. But in a certain order. Read from left to right and translated, gives us:

Red = 1
Orange = 2
Yellow = 3
Purple = 8 and you could surmise that Dark Blue = 9

This could help with solving it in a bit more complex way according to ivan. I didn't get the details myself. At best it would help in turning colors into numbers to face a more 'familiar' form of puzzle in my opinion. Anyway, I've learned not to question the dread lord xD

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I wonder how long it took Swarm to solve this one. Guessing a couple hours at most.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I wonder how long it took Swarm to solve this one. Guessing a couple hours at most.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Not quite.

I'll let him reply about the exact details. @Swarmlord2

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

To be honest, I don't know as most of the time, I was doing it while reading or watching videos.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

It's been a while since the last puzzle. Any idea on when it's going to be released?

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Maybe Ivan is busy... But as far as I am aware, this series of puzzles has been made already so can be released at any time,

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Maybe Ivan is busy... But as far as I am aware, this series of puzzles has been made already so can be released at any time,

No it hasn't been made already. It is an ongoing project. We haven't made the next one in the series yet, both of us got busy. But we will at some point

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I see. From the way Ivan was describing the series of puzzles, I thought that they had all been worked out.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Ivan's Dungeon - Floor 2

Using the various switches and operating the door mechanism to complete the puzzle quickly opens the way for you, to the next level into the dungeon.

The next floor is quite different. Instead of the colorful puzzle onto the door that the last floor had, this one looks more like a lab, than a dungeon. Vials scattered around, markers and tons of paper sheets with complex equations lay all over. There's also a blackboard at one of the corners. You can figure it will be useful for something.

Having learned what to expect by now, you approach the door first. There is a keypad to the left. It looks like the dread lord has a puzzle similar to the first one.

Searching around through the countless papers you find one small bit that falls from between them:

https://s24.postimg.org/7kjbezryd/Ivan_Puzzle2f.png

Good luck

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Exchanging for numbers creates the following list

1111-1110-1112-1109-1113-1108-?

This goes down 1, up 2, down 3, up 4, down 5 and presumably up 6, resulting in 1114. This is a simple answer, so could be entirely wrong. Worth guessing, though.

Showing 46-57 of 57