ForumsForum GamesHow FishPreferred Are You?

284 82498
FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Mark your calendars! Clear your schedules! Defragment your hard drives and install those updates!

It is time for How FishPreferred Are You?

As you may know, Gantic will not be available to do his usual schtick this year, thus it falls to me to continue this weird tradition of quantifying your similitude to some vague standard through a series of convoluted and seemingly arbitrary tests.

Sign-up is open until 10 spots are filled, or until September 9, whichever is sooner. You may wager any number of Gantic Points you like, but they will be disregarded because Gantic Points have no relevance to this game.

ROSTER:
1ʭ Hardstrike
1ʭ MattEmAngel
1ʭ Yellowcat
1ʭ hafaroman
1ʭ Coral42
1ʭ Boofuss
1ʭ Moegreche
1ʭ PLGuy
1ʭ Swarmlord2*

*Additional entry, because Hey, why not?

• 284 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I must be a terrible person if I could already read some of these questions as I watched people struggle.
I like this version of the game. It lives up to its name.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

ROUND 4 SCORE: (pardon the typo)
1ʭ, 50p Hardstrike
21ʭ,130p MattEmAngel
21ʭ,100p PLGuy
1ʭ, 60p Swarmlord2

Well, it seems the four of you have somehow made it to ...

Round n-2. This is not so much an actual round as a b̶l̶a̶t̶a̶n̶t s̶t̶a̶l̶l t̶a̶c̶t̶i̶c chance for players to exchange their points for much more valuable pisca. This is important because your 1ʭ line of credit is about to be withdrawn (as specified in the TOS that all of you apparently read for some reason).

Also, as a sort of Bonus Challenge, I'll give 40ʭ to anyone who can beat this CTC2 level in one shot.

Round n-1 begins Saturday (Oct 14).

Current Rate of Exchange
Buying: 3.5p , Selling: 4

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

So I understood 4 exactly, but I just had no idea what it meant. Also, tried doing that for 5 but for some reason, nothing I did worked.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Is there anything to stop us from buying and selling points infinitely?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

For fifth encryption here are also first two lines:
Q*=* !+ $]* $A "Q* Q/=~*= ";9*+ $A >;9Q*=
Here is one of the harder types of cypher
!" Q/+ ]$ 2*; "$ n+* A$= +$z#!]\
It has no key to use for solving

That Morse in 3rd maan... I saw the emoji morse but just couldn't associate characters with that alphabet - most probably because I have no idea about it. Also there was so much confusion around. In 1st encr. one of the first things I did was checking 1st letters. Didn't check 2nd arrggghhh.

That level of CTC2... Is that a joke? There's invisible wall. How are we supposed to throw something over it. It seems infinite.

@FishPreferred That's a good point @Swarmlord2... Can we buy/sell more than once?

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Is there anything to stop us from buying and selling points infinitely?
The fact that 1ʭ costs more points in exchange than it returns?
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

I think that I may have copied down 5 in some sort of wrong way, as no letter combination seemed to work. Perhaps I split a word up or combined two different words. Also, I was so confused by those letters in 4. I thought that maybe there was a mistake, or A and B were options, but that didn't explain the other letters. I also that it meant char as in the verb, which made no sense. Even the way it is worded, while now clearly done to make it shorter, seems gibberish-like.

Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

But it is buying for 3.5 points and selling for 4 points.

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

@PLGuy - I do not participate in this FG, but the CTC level is beatable.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

What indicated that we were supposed to add one letter of there was an R?
Nothing. That was part of the challenge.

Or that we could exclude words that had only two letters?
Well, if you saw that the first and last letters were to be omitted, it should be clear that for two-letter words that leaves nothing left.

And what did the <><< signify?
As PLGuy noted, those were indicating who was speaking (otherwise, it would just be one speaker greeting itself).

Did you mean bold and italics?
Yup.

You said "submit whatever the heck it is you're supposed to submit here." So what exactly was I supposed to post in bold? Just anything, as long as I used bold/italic text?
Yup.

But it is buying for 3.5 points and selling for 4 points.
Yes. I am selling them for 4 (and buying them for 3.5 if for some reason you would want to buy more regular points).
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Oh. I thought that the buying and selling is from our position.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Because even that wasn't necessary. PLGuy would have gotten the 20 points even if he hadn't underlined sun. Also ...

[...] (except char, which is also meaningless if you don't indicate that it's an abbreviation).
Shame on you for not recognizing that char is a type of fish.
Swarmlord2
Swarmlord2
2,081 posts
Marquis

Could I please buy 15ʭ

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

1ʭ, 50p Hardstrike
21ʭ,130p MattEmAngel
21ʭ,100p PLGuy
16ʭ, 0p Swarmlord2

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@helpo1 Did you beat that level? I can't find a break in that wall. Black hole can't reach either...

Because even that wasn't necessary. PLGuy would have gotten the 20 points even if he hadn't underlined sun.

I thought so - use U could also mean "use U from this encryption". If " post in" would be treated as a phrasal verb - may or ebb should have been valid too.

Showing 211-225 of 284