ForumsWEPRGeorge W. Bush

76 14985
thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

do u agree with me that he is the worst president ever?

• 76 Replies
masta_cheef
masta_cheef
670 posts
Nomad

and the way he stutters means that he's probably saying stuff he doesn't mean

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Bill Clinton was worse, he had an affair in the Oval office, he also let A bunch of Drug dealers and murderers out of prison

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Do you agree with me that at least half of the country voted him in? It just seems odd when people complain about the president. I will admit I would have voted for him if I could have voted. I can't really complain about him since I followed his plans even though they were wishy-washy.

Also, the president is not the problem here. Our government uses the president as a puppet. We need a president who will actually run the country. Honestly, I don't see that coming from either candidate in the upcoming election.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@Xcalibur

What's worse: an affair in the Oval Office, or about 100,000 dead civilians in Iraq?

Anyways, I'm going with James Buchanan as worst president followed by Andrew Johnson (the dudes before and after Lincoln). I'd probably rank Grant third, or maybe Hoover.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If you beleive Georde Bush is the worst president ever, please answer my questions!

1.How many people have been president in your life time since you were 10 years old? If he is the only president or one of the only ones to have been president in your life time... then you have not enough experiance living under other presidents to make that statement.

2.Ok now you can redeem your worthless opinion. If you have steadied US History and know about other presidents like Andrew Johnson who tried to revert this country back into the way it was before (as in to allow slavery) and you have extensive knowlage on every other president or at least most of them.

If you do not qualify for 1 or 2, then your opinion is nothing more than a meaningless ramble of some one else's opinion. Now if you say he is not a very good president... then you might be using your own opinion. To say he is the worst president of all time is just plain dumb.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

You should all read this story.

Anyways, Harding was the worst he had a ton of scandals and really didn't no what he was doing, George Bush comes a close second.

@NoNameC68-
1) 1
2) I took AP US History last year.
Andrew Johnson wasn't nearly as bad as you say he was, yes he does rank in the bottom tier. However, the South was absolutely ravaged by the war and Sherman's "Total War" policy, furthermore, the Radical Republicans were taking economic and political advantage of the South. Andrew Johnson tried to stand up against the Radical Republicans, but did so in the wrong ways, except for voiding the 50% plan, that was good.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Necromancer, you do bring up a good point. I still beleive Johnson is as bad as I say but I realy do not wish to argue out how bad he is. Although I beleive you are pushing Bush down more than you should be; you still are the only person I have seen on here who says Bush is (almost) as bad as everyone says, but also contains a knowlage to back up what you say.

As I have stated before, I am just tired of people saying he is the worst president ever without having the proper ground to make such a bold statement. Hating Bush, for most people, is a fad.

Waterpologuy
Waterpologuy
227 posts
Nomad

Well hes the only president i can remember so yes.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

Do you agree with me that at least half of the country voted him in?

No. In fact, for his first time through, he did not get the popular vote, but because of the way voting goes here (each state getting a certain numver of votes, etc.) he ended up winning.
BubbleBlade
BubbleBlade
128 posts
Nomad

Although since I live in Canada, it does not affect my state in affairs, but I do agree that 100,000 dead civilians and lots of dead American and Canadian soldiers is bad. Very bad. Awful. :P

bucsfan2580
bucsfan2580
2 posts
Nomad

George W Bush is a great president!
how do u think john kerry or al gore would hav reacted to the terrorist attacks on 9/11?
they (being stupid demicrats and hating war) would hav sat on their liberal asses and done nothing!
and i agree that we did wage war on the wrong country, iraq wasnt the country behind the attacks but no one knew that at that time so instead of just waiting around for another attack to happen Bush attacked them back to let them know that we meant buisness! and has there been any other attacks here in the US??? NO!
plus most people dont even know why they dont like Bush the just go with watever the public and media says
so get off of George Bush's back he is a great president and it will b a shame to c him go...especially if obama is elected(stupid muslim)

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Do you agree with me that at least half of the country voted him in?

Hitler won in free and fair elections in 1933. Winning an election doesn't make you a good person.

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

Hitler won in free and fair elections in 1933. Winning an election doesn't make you a good person.

I never said he was a good person. I am just saying that we voted him in and we complain about him a lot.
donosld
donosld
70 posts
Nomad

Bush bashing is just a fad. He is a hell of alot smarter than people give him credit for, and has the guts to go against the mainstream media. While people like thepossum simply go on what the media tells them. Please explain to me WHY President Bush is such a bad President, OTHER than the fact "thats what CNN says!" 100,000 Iraqi civilians dead shouldn't reflect of the competency of the President. Did Bush personally go to Iraq and kill those people? NO. The military did that while looking out for AMERICAN interests. Last time I checked the President and the Military are supposed to protect the interests of THEIR people, not those of terrorists and those who support them. People bashed Regan when he was in office, don't really see too many people complaining about the several decades of economic prosperity brought about by his policies right now. Bush has funneled BILLIONS into a a NASA space program to start colonizing the moon, and send a man to Mars. When people look back a century from now from Mars and Luna, they will look at the President who started it and guess who it will be... George W. Bush! When there is democracy in Iraq and a spread of peace in the middle East, people will look back to see who was the President when it started and guess who it will be. George W. Bush. President Bush has something which the rest of America seems to lack, foresight and vision. If the democrats wouldn't have put up such a fuss about drilling in Anoir, we wouldn't be having this gas price crisis right now! President Bush wanted to drill there five years ago, and the people said no, if he had done what he wanted gas wouldn't be $4.00's right now. So before you start bashing the President, look at what he has done, and compare it to what other Presidents have done. Clinton did absolutely NOTHING, he just rode the wave of Reagan's economic prosperity. Carter? Don't get my started on Carter... Bush's policies reflect a vision of the future. Just like when Kennedy spent billions to send a man to the moon people probably asked "why would we want to send a man to the moon." Don't see too many people complaining about it now. My personal opinion is that a century from now George W. Bush will be looked upon with great esteem, a man who's vision set the place for a brighter tomorrow, even if the idiots back in his time wouldn't support him with it.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

next year we will find many people who say that president is the worst president also i think Calvin Coolidge is teh worst president

Showing 1-15 of 76