ForumsThe TavernToo many clubs...

67 8125
Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Ok guys, so I would like to speak on the matter of clubs. there are way too many, and they are really pointless. there's like 20 clubs with like 3 people in them. I just want to know why you make clubs. I mean, having clubs like the kirby club, and the super smash bros club where you talk about super smash bros or kirby is completely pointless. the whole purpose of a forum is to talk about certain subjects. if you want to talk about kirby, why not just make a thread where you talk about kirby? If you have a question about what the best character on SSBB is, make a thread asking what everybody's favorite character is. really the only club that i've seen that's not completely stupid is the sig strikers, because they're actually trying to make a statement, whereas all of the other clubs are just made because, from what I see, someone wanted to fit in with the norm, so they made another pointless club that only one person will join. I think that's all I've got.

• 67 Replies
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well a lot of those clubs of three people are just beggining or just have no point to them. Some clubs are good but there are none that can really do anything about SPAM and other things. But at least they are showing that they want to stop SPAM.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

is that what they're trying to do? they're trying to stop spam? It looks to me like they're creating spam by filling the boards with club recruitment pages.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well they seem to have made them for a reason, clubs are fun and i thoguht it was getting over the top so i decided to create a list

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

No not really your not allowed to have an anti spam club, well i don't seea problem with "spamming" the boards because all you see aroud here is "taos vs pizza" like threads

Emperor_Tiberlaw
Emperor_Tiberlaw
120 posts
Nomad

I am Emperor_Tiberlaw Leader of ===[/Despmitian Empire\\]===
The reason That there are clubs starting to form all over Armorgames is that So you can engage in intelligent conversation far more superior than normal forum chat.
Also to be acepted in a family and have engagements with other clubs and debating.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

all i'm really saying is maybe the clubs would be better if people would put more thought into them. it's like, you make a club, people join, and then what? talk about stopping spam, or helping people out, or kirby? why not just make a thread that says "let's stop spam" or "Let's help other members out" or "Let's talk about kirby."

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Well you ask them what the point in joining is

If they give a bad answer there isn't a point in joining because thats what 90% of the clubs are like.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

I am Emperor_Tiberlaw Leader of ===[/Despmitian Empire\\\\]===
The reason That there are clubs starting to form all over Armorgames is that So you can engage in intelligent conversation far more superior than normal forum chat.
Also to be acepted in a family and have engagements with other clubs and debating.

so you can't engage in intelligent conversation with others without clubs?

If they give a bad answer there isn't a point in joining because thats what 90% of the clubs are like.

this is exactly what i'm saying.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

So most clubs fail that way without a progressing leader(I am one and my group is still active!)

Emperor_Tiberlaw
Emperor_Tiberlaw
120 posts
Nomad

Bah "Lets talk Kirby?"
Now I heard of many new clubs but not a kirby one.
It sounds stupid!
I am not so sure it to stop spaming but for fun and enjoyment.
The thrill of competition.
If clubs are becoming in huge numbers then Sooner or later ArmorGames is going to do something about it.
Maybe forbid clubs being made or make a webpage for club setup.
Anyways I think its mainly to give Armorgames a new Fad.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

Bah "Lets talk Kirby?"
Now I heard of many new clubs but not a kirby one.
It sounds stupid!
I am not so sure it to stop spaming but for fun and enjoyment.
The thrill of competition.
If clubs are becoming in huge numbers then Sooner or later ArmorGames is going to do something about it.
Maybe forbid clubs being made or make a webpage for club setup.
Anyways I think its mainly to give Armorgames a new Fad.

I'm not saying that they should forbidd making more clubs, i just think that people should just put some more thought into their clubs.
Emperor_Tiberlaw
Emperor_Tiberlaw
120 posts
Nomad

You Can Ingage in intelligent Conversations with others.
But for some reason Other prefer to do it in a group.
No question about it.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I actually agree with Lige, mpeople should add more thought instead of like a yu-gi-oh fan club or something that doesnt do anything lol.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

You Can Ingage in intelligent Conversations with others.
But for some reason Other prefer to do it in a group.
No question about it.

well you always engage in intelligent conversation in a group, it wouldn't be much fun to have an intelligent conversation with yourself.
Emperor_Tiberlaw
Emperor_Tiberlaw
120 posts
Nomad

Meh maybe your right.
Maybe the other clubs should put more thought into it.
But so what that there are too many clubs.
People will prefer to be part of a group.

Showing 1-15 of 67