ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe story of faceless

52 12208
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

+++INTRO+++

The once was a nameless town in a nameless, dence forest. Inside the town there lived over 10,000 people. Each people had nothing different. Exept for a certain few, they were hated, so they made a mask that made them appear faceless. The faceless were robotic. They marched in in 10x8 groups through the street. Some faceless collapsed of exhaustion during their daily marches, just to be replaced by another faceless in the matter of moments. The faceless did nothing but 3 things, eat, sleep, and work. They had no purpose, but did their jobs with high work ethic. What lied in the forest, a rainbow of different creatures, each with several colors and sizes. Different things lived there as well, birds, simeans, amphibiens, and even reptiles. Outside the forest, no one ever dared to go.

• 52 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Interesting. I await more!

KingRyan

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

+++Chapter 1+++

One day, a certain masked faceless, decided not to work.
He was soon replaced, and the masked faceless dared to go in teh open with no mask. This is when it happened. The sky grew dark, and even the regular faceless seemed to have anger, despite their meaningless faces. They crowded around the boy, a cold essence halting the air. The masked had always wondered why they were there, but never even thought about wandereing, let alone without their mask. The facless closed in around the boy, slowly yet at the same time menacingly. Another moment passed and a faceless pounced upon the boy. The rest joined in, pulling at his face, despite his constant screaming. He cried out "Why? Why do this? Why?". The other masked simply looked, mourned, and one of them even shed a tear. A hour passed, and the poor boy was barely alive. Another masked faceless had came up to the poor thing, and simply stood there. The boy had all his hair ripped out, and several pull marks. The boy did the one thing absolutely no faceless has ever done before, he spoke.
"Help me- into the forest, please!" he said.
The masked faceless was completely suprised, the faceless had instinctivly learned how to speak at birth, but never found a use for it.
"P-please! Help me! Drag me! Anything!" he shouted.
The masked faceless was still shocked from the sheer fact that someone spoke, but she simply nodded and started to help him up. As she did this, the forest rustled.

end of chapter 1

give some feedback please!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Very good...but one little thing I don't get is why the Help Me bit is the first time of speech when he was screaming earlier...

KingRyan

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

+++Chapter 2+++

The demasked faceless was brought into the forest, as he wished, and the masked faceless who carried him there quickly ran off. This day was the most chaotic the town had ever seen. So most of the faceless were even a little bit scared. Scared of what? Why, scared that the other masked faceless may do the same! It would completely alter their way of life. The faceless didn't know much, but after this day they started to think. They Didn't want them to think.
The masked faceless who was cast into the forest had no name, but a number. Each masked faceless were so uncommon that they were given a certain number to go by. This way they can keep track on who is faceless and who is not. This certain masked faceless was given the number
X-392. I will now on refer to him as X. X started to think of everything he had just endured, every ounce of hatred he felt on his shoulders.
He thought, "No one ever had friends, but enemies?"
He continued to imagine, let is brain expand using a ranting philosophy of his life. He thought things like, is there something bigger? More important? He thought things like, why am I here? What is my purpose? Though he could not find an answer. He was laying on the grass just outside the forest. He had black hair, green eyes, and a grey t-shirt with grey slacks. He had lips, very thin, he had eyebrows, also thin. A few minutes passed before he stood up and limped into the forest to explore. X had no food, or even drink. All he had was the sheer desire for food and drink.
As he wandered through the forest, he began taking mental photographs, for he had found many intresting things. Though the common pigeon was the only other animal he had seen in the town, He did not care to actually notice it. X found parrots, and dogs. He found frogs, cats, and bugs. X had found a place that he found to be extremely beautiful. It was a small spring, with fireflies just above. The lights bouncing off the water, tree's surronding him, blocking off the light as well. He loved this spot, and decided to call it his home.

+++End of Chapter 1+++

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I think you mean end of chapter 2 right there. Very good story, so-so intro.

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

hmm,thats the second story,anyways good job

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

OMG! i just noticed that, sorry guys! lol

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Hehe, no big problem, just a typo.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Very cool! i can seem some thought went into this story. MORE!!!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

+++Chapter 3+++

Back at the town, the faceless were doing their marching to get to work. Nothing seemed to have changed in the town, except for the fact that there were some masked faceless not going to work. Some masked faceless didn't feel like it and stayed home to rest for a day or two. A odd beast layed atop a building, staring at the faceless. It was a deep, blood red with slit pupil green eyes. It had sharp, needle-like teeth. It had two legs and two mighty wings. It's tail tip was that of a spade. It came from the forest, halfway pleased and disrupted. He was pleased that the first faceless broke free from the industrialized spell over the city. The beast had thought, back in the forest, that he might need to push some of the faceless into freedom. So this it swore, and it started to put his plan into action. He gathered many beasts, all of which could bend reality to their whim.
+++
At X's favorite spot, he found even more intresting things. Most of his minor wounds healed overnight, and he could now walk without a limp. He slept on the grass that night, so now he set out to try and find something that he could eat. He set landmarks such as sticks peirced through trees. X found some molds and fungi around his new home. He figured he couldn't eat the molds and fungi, because they grew on soggy logs and things that he would find disgusting. Using what little instinct he had, X walked through the dense forest, seeking food. He found many plants, one he tried, which he found to have a tangy, yet somehow sweet taste. He decided to live off this plant, along with a tasty yelow-blue fruit he found on nearby trees. He sought out shelter next, preferably next to his favorite spot. He found high places, but all were extremely unconfortable. X found a hollow tree, with some intresting bugs inside. He called these bugs splitsies (split-sees). Mainly for the fact that they could split apart from their body and still live. There weren't too many, so he found them another home and lived in the tree. He was feeling much more content now, and much happier.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

sorry for the double post, but I forgot to put this little bit in.

+++end of chapter 3+++

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Hrmmmmmmmmm......wonder whats up with the creepy creature?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

you will see on the next chapter, I will make it tomorrow k?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

This is getting more and more interesting. MORE PLEASE!

KingRyan

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

ok, sorry if this is not too great, since you guys seem to like it alot. This is also technically tommorow! I will just sorta pop this one outta mah butt.

+++chapter 4+++

At the town, the red beast had assembled his &quotush-team". A grey, hairy juggernaught stood on an adjecent building. It had deep blue eyes and tiny, dull-blue wings. It stood as tall as a bear and it's claws two times that of a bear. One a opposite building, there was a bumble-bee yellow monster. It had a giant maw, two monstrous horns, no eyes, and eleven rows of razor sharp teeth. It had a chained leash, holding it was a green totem. The totem was unimaginably strong and it's grip could not be broken. Adjacent to that monstrosity was a pitch-black creature. It was bony jumble of parts. It had seven limbs and nine heads. There didn't seem to be a even thing on the creature, not even the inside of it.
+++
X was thinking all was going well. He had food, drink, and shelter. X foraged a good amount, it seemed that nothing had wanted to eat the fruits he liked, nor the plant. Several days passed, and he began to get extremely lonely. He even named a piece of wood so he could talk to something. X decided to go farther into the dence forest. He gathered a certain, stand-out beetle that liked to lay on trees 24-7. He noticed there werent many of them, so he would use them as landmarks on the trees. X walked for what seemed to be ages, and found another nice spot. It had some odd rocks and a hard and pale type of bark. X brought some of these raw materials hom with him because they intrugued him.
Back at his home, X treid something that he normally wouldn't. He tested teh rock on a random substance. He found that it could make markings on the substance he chose. X didn't know it, but he just made a giant step in his survival.

Showing 1-15 of 52