ForumsThe TavernAnother Love Problem......

45 6045
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hi All,

I need help....AGAIN!...

Basically, there is this girl who has been my close friend for about 10 weeks. We get on really well, and once she tricked me by saying she likes me. Now she is saying she likes me, but according to my other friend, she is being serious now.

Since it is the Holidays, most of this has happened via MSN. I went into it only liking her as a friend, but to see if she actually liked me I put a *fingers crossed* emote in my PM. I then said that I liked her (lying) and continued taking this idea further and further...

Now, I think I might like her more, and she wants me to prove that I like her on Tuesday (when school restarts) by saying to her face that I love her.

The *fingers crossed* emote is important, because it is my safety net. Seeing as she tricked me once before, if at some point she says 'Punked' or 'Tricked Ya' then I can just say ' Look at my PM. See the crossed fingers.'

If I said that I loved her to her face at school, then the safety net is gone and I am exposed to any trickery. Also, I don't want to commit myself to liking her because I don't want to get hurt.

I haven't had much luck with relationships in the past...most of the girls that I have liked have moved away.

Can anyone suggest anything?

KingRyan

• 45 Replies
1smallmalf
1smallmalf
755 posts
Nomad

yeah, even if she says "yes", you guys will probably only be together for like a month or so

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2005/smallmalf2zq9.pngJoin the Sig Strikers

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Boys helping boys with love. LOL!

KingRyan, she wasn't tricking you the first time she said she liked you. It is all a game. She likes you, that's it. Be a big 14 y/o man and ask her out. Girls like confidence. Don't let her play games, sweep her off her feet.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Teehee, a lesbian helping a boy with love...I wonder if that counts as the same thing...

Okay okay, I'll stop trolling now xD ...not like I can really talk anyway >_>

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

*slaps hand to forehead*

You have a point there!

BUT... I did date boys back in the day...

lol, I am going to print this convo out and put it on my fridge.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Actually I would like to say that I totally don't have a point, but maybe I do :P

One thing I notice is that we youngins (yes, I'm counting myself in this group) don't really have much of a conception of long-term time. You might think that something you have can or should last forever.

It may sound harsh, but I'm going to invite you to get real at this point. Chances are you haven't the foggiest (which I learnt the hard way.) Don't expect to hear the distant toll of wedding-bells just yet!

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Dude, from past experiences girls taunt you and play with you if they like you. If you ask her out I bet she will say yes. And, if you please do it in PEROSN not on the phone, or on msn, or any thing else. Girls want you to be manly enough to accept there awnser in PERSON!!! Thats all i got! Good luck.

MissingTeddyHanssen
MissingTeddyHanssen
444 posts
Nomad

Well.. I'm not really an expert on this one, but I'll try to give you an advice.

If you think she ain't lying, then ask her out, like what skater_kid said. You know.. But in real life, I really ignore or just snob girls who I know that likes me. But this time, if you really want to do it, then go do it. If you have the guts, go.

If you found out she's lying, then that's another story for me. At the end of the day, it's still our choice to hurt each other's feelings or not for the sake of our own good.

:P

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Being turned down is a great fear because it is one of the most painful things you will pute up with at this age. Don't fear being turned down and don't let it destroy you if she does turn you down. If there is anything I have learned, looking back on it, you will realize that the most stupid thing to do is hang onto a girl who does not want you. Asking "why did she not like me?" and "what could I have done" are all pointless. All those thoughts do is hold you back. If you are turned down, just move on. Don't question why, just move straight on. The only thing you need to know is that she wasn't right for you and you were not right for her and that is the only thing you need to know about "why?".

sushihair
sushihair
153 posts
Nomad

Why are you asking a website? Ask a friend,or ask her herself.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Okay okay, I'll stop trolling now xD ...not like I can really talk anyway >_>

So...Strop, are you saying you are a Lesbian too?

Why are you asking a website? Ask a friend,or ask her herself.

I asked because I knew that I would be able to get some 'interesting' advice from other people, who would have more experience then me or my friends.

KIngRyan
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I asked her out...finally....

However, In a 'test' when she asked me out last Friday...and I said maybe because I wasn't sure if I liked her or not, I said that it might wreck our friendship.

Now, I have been waiting since Monday for a reply. She just won't give me one...and I think she is using the above fact as a reason...

And yes, she is that girl who has been posting on my page!

KingRyan

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

oh so thats the girl i see i guess she really likes you

fopop
fopop
58 posts
Nomad

Try giving her a gift!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So...Strop, are you saying you are a Lesbian too?

Yeah I wish, I'd have all the guys-...heavens I definitely, totally, absolutely cannot finish that sentence!

However, In a 'test' when she asked me out last Friday...and I said maybe because I wasn't sure if I liked her or not, I said that it might wreck our friendship.

In the usual course of relationships as we think of it, friends who transition to a couple often find it extremely difficult to continue 'friendship' once they've terminated the relationship because, well, it's just bloody hard to let go of relationships sometimes. I know this from experience.

So it's a more pertinent point than you may initially figure. And I think your ladyfriend may possibly be weighing this up, agonizing about it going "do I risk it, don't I..." Part of this is facilitated by the fact that girls generally do take the 'long term' approach to relationships as they're more attuned to this way of thinking earlier on.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Speaking of "long term versus immediate considerations", let's put it this way:

Even as we writhe in the throes of passion,
As we bask in the glow of joy,
Must we remind ourselves not to chase rainbows-
Not to push our luck,
Or better yet, to say 'stuff it',
And do it anyway?

Showing 16-30 of 45