ForumsThe TavernAnother Love Problem......

45 6052
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hi All,

I need help....AGAIN!...

Basically, there is this girl who has been my close friend for about 10 weeks. We get on really well, and once she tricked me by saying she likes me. Now she is saying she likes me, but according to my other friend, she is being serious now.

Since it is the Holidays, most of this has happened via MSN. I went into it only liking her as a friend, but to see if she actually liked me I put a *fingers crossed* emote in my PM. I then said that I liked her (lying) and continued taking this idea further and further...

Now, I think I might like her more, and she wants me to prove that I like her on Tuesday (when school restarts) by saying to her face that I love her.

The *fingers crossed* emote is important, because it is my safety net. Seeing as she tricked me once before, if at some point she says 'Punked' or 'Tricked Ya' then I can just say ' Look at my PM. See the crossed fingers.'

If I said that I loved her to her face at school, then the safety net is gone and I am exposed to any trickery. Also, I don't want to commit myself to liking her because I don't want to get hurt.

I haven't had much luck with relationships in the past...most of the girls that I have liked have moved away.

Can anyone suggest anything?

KingRyan

• 45 Replies
Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

Strop is absolutely correct.

If you turn the friendship into a relationship, you have changed the entire definition of your standing with her. Things taken for granted or said before in friendship will have a much more serious consequence in a relationship.

You will have to weigh your decision carefully. Do you really want to continue with what you have, or experience what you couldn't have before?

Not an easy choice....Best of luck, mate.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

"Now, I think I might like her more, and she wants me to prove that I like her on Tuesday (when school restarts) by saying to her face that I love her"

Thats strange o.o I'd stay away.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Do not say 'I love you' unless you actually do love her. If you aren't even sure that you like her at this point, it would be doing a big disservice to bother her and yourself to tell her that. I would suggest that you tell her the truth, or if you like her, just say 'I like you' instead of 'I love you'. It doesn't make sense to lie about it, especially when you are talking about love. And if she is forcing you to say it, then she should understand that you wouldn't be saying it for real. It is something you say to either get in someone's pants, or to truly express your feelings. My guess is that since you haven't even started dating her yet, that it isn't the latter. So don't be that guy.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is turning to a dramatic problem.

soakerman
soakerman
658 posts
Nomad

Take the chance bud just do it if she likes you youll be happy if not oh well youll still be friends

quakingphear
quakingphear
410 posts
Peasant

Like Soakerman said, take a chance. your 14 you have plenty of time anyway.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Oh lordy lordy where do i begin....

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You begin by thinking about how to begin. ;P Simple.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I highly suggest that you don't just 'take a chance'. I'm sorry guys, but where are your morals? Going up to a girl and saying he loves her without even knowing if he likes her? That is downright low.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Take this in mind everyone:

I don't want to be in her pants.

And I'm not going to take a chance...at least I know that if it all falls through...I have other options...

I ain't that much of a risk taker or 'forward charger,' I am a strategist....

I gave her the option that if she wants to just drop the whole thing, I would be happy with that.

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh lordy lordy where do i begin....

Start from the beginning. Go to the end. Then stop.

LOL
lolprincess
lolprincess
68 posts
Nomad

I don't think you should say " I love you" to this girl if you don't mean it. You can say very,very gently and politely to her that you're not ready for the relationship yet. I think she'll understand.

me44
me44
154 posts
Peasant

Wow another problem i don't know what to tell you about this one. Lol Strop, Deviodless Used the saying "I want in your pants" Wow that is harsh moderater's put alot of pressure on the little fellow.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

x about 100!

I am happy....guess why!

KingRyan

evil_empire
evil_empire
287 posts
Peasant

lol devoidless, you are wright there, although i think that, if you do want a relationship by all means go ahead and say "i love you" but if all else fails, and something goes wrong you can always kind of break her heart and tell her about the fingers crossed, but then you will have to deal with the tears, and her friends, and all the rest.

Showing 31-45 of 45