ForumsWEPRSatanism

160 34033
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

What are your views on this subject?
I , being a Spiritual Satanist myself, would like to see what people think about it.

• 160 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

You want the cold, hard truth? It is nothing more than a ruse to get people to pay two-hundred American dollars to become a recongized member. All of it 'beliefs' are little more than what most people do anyways. Do not like someone that is in your house? Kick them out. That is one of the 'beliefs' which is common sense.

If I wanted to, I could do the same thing. Find some socially taboo icon, right up a book on common sense, through in some voodoo and sell it to the masses. It also would help if I was some old cretin. People tend to believe that old people can make up decent religions. After I would just sit back, watch it organize and reap the profits.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

That is LeVay Satanism. Which is a scam.
I am a Spiritual Satanist, which is different.
LeVay only views Satan as an Archetype for humanity and implies the 'Yourself Before Others' philosophy. I view Satan as a Father figure.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, I think I need more information on Satanism. But my opinions on organized religion stand. I think it's all primitive.

But can I ask what the point is to follow something that is deemed evil?

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

What if I asked you what you think about Christianity? I would be interested to find out. Also, if God created Satan (his name was Lucifer originally), does that make Him like a Grandfather figure to you? I have a lot of questions I could ask, actually. Do Satanists like yourself hold sin as virtue? And do Satanists really practice blood sacrifice? Do you believe Satan has unlimited power? Anyway, I believe he's just a finite being. He can't do everything. Also, in your opinion, does he ever express kindness of any sort toward his followers? Just give me all the information about it you can, okay? I can't really tell you my opinion on the subject if I don't know what it's all about. I can say this though: I'm a Christian, so I believe worshipping Satan is wrong, not only because he is evil, but because he has no power at all.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Eh, I do not see to many differences between the Satanism schools. It is almost like comparing oranges and tangerines. Sure, they are techincally different but only in subtle ways.

And evil is subjective. As is good. Do you think suicide bombers call Osama evil and the US good?

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Dude, those people strap bombs to CHILDREN and send them at us. That IS evil. It's so mind-blowing because our soldiers wouldn't even think about shooting children. On the other hand, doing something like feeding a starving person, that's GOOD. There's no more objective concept in the world than good and evil. The concept has existed since the very beginning of time, so I see no reason to question it now.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

The Christians corrupted and defiled the image of Father Satan and deemed him as 'Evil' and 'Sinful'
As to answer your questions:
No, I do not hold sin as a virtue, I believe in truth, honor, and courage.
No, Spiritual Satanists do not commit blood sacrifices, it says in the Christian Bible for them to do it so I do not.
Satan is Power.
He expresses his love for me on a daily basis, and I to him. That is how I got into him, I wanted to be loved, to be understood and he was there for me.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Also, the Christian 'God' did not create Father Satan. The Christian 'God' is a spiteful, human hater.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

You mean he is human, or he hates humans?

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Ok, whoa whoa whoa.

Let's back this thought train up a bit.

Admittedly, the only Satanism that I am familiar with is Levayan, and I for the most part agree with much of the philosphical teachings within it. As was said earlier, it's basically common sense.

This Spiritual Satanist stuff is unknown to me, so I can't really serve as a great conversationalist about it, but I'm at an absolute loss when it comes to analyzing your logic or evidence.

Heck, at least Christianity has the Bible.

Is there a "Bible" for what you believe or is this based off something else?

I mean, we're talking about being loved on a daily basis by Satan here.

Huh?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Bloody-Wolf: Please never call me "dude" again. I have maimed people and animals for that. Yes, animals. They talk to me. And when the call me "dude" I make them into a tasty burger.

Besides, you missed my point totally. My whole point was that evil is subjective depending on the person, group of people and area where they are from. Most people from the Middle East consider Americans evil for what most would consider everyday life. Can you please try and wrap your head around what I am saying? That goes for everyone that does not understand what I was saying.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Okay, Devoidless, you are a moral relativist. So, you are saying there is no universal moral law and no moral truths. Period. This means that genocide, terrorism, rape, and etc are all "okay" because of cultural relativism. As for most would agree that those things are morally wrong. So, straight forward logic isn't going to work here because we both hold different axioms. I guess my point leads to utilitarianism.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Why do you people have to drag one little example I gave so far out of proportion? Would it of been easier for you people to digest if I had given the example "Some people here like oranges more than apples, and some other people there like apples more than oranges."?

My point different cultures have different figures and such related to evil. 13 is an evil number in China, so you never see it. That kinda idea. By god, you people are rabid.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Whoa, why are you so defensive? This is an OPINION forum. We all manage to discuss things calmly here without getting upset. This is friendly banter. No one is wrong or right here. My post was only verbalizing (typing) how you felt in my own words so that I could understand. So, am I correct that you are a moral relativist?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

That was me calm and rather not defensive. Besides, I was responding more to Bloody-Wolf for going off the handle at my remark. 'Tis just how that happened to come out.

Anywho...No, I am not. Unless deep down inside my inner psyche is, unknow to me. Granted I may have read a little to much Nietzsche, but who has not?

I was trying to get at orginally that everyone has a their own view on what is good or evil to varying degrees.

Showing 1-15 of 160