ForumsWEPRSatanism

160 34054
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

What are your views on this subject?
I , being a Spiritual Satanist myself, would like to see what people think about it.

• 160 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I know where you come from. I am the same way. But I try to atleast get a base understanding of most of the worlds major religions. I have read most of the holy scriptures out there, atleast for the big ones. But you know what, for some reason it is not easy to try and get a decent English version of the Quaran now a days. Go figure. And I have a ill feeling that when I do I might get a very private session of water boarding.

I really enjoy the Hindu faith though. Out of all of the religions it is the most like an elaborate and well written fairy tale.

So I am just trying to say that although I am not a person of faith, I like to understand where those who are come from on a variety of subjects.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

As do I. I am extremely fascinated by religion, I just can't follow it. Have you read any non-canonical gospels before? They are extremely interesting. Especially the other versions of revelations and the Gospel of Thomas, too.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

No, but it might be intersting. I admit I am not very found of the Christian religions or Catholicism at all. Mostly due to all the trouble they have caused in history, and I have grown up with far too much of it surrounding me trying to beat me into submission. Note: The religons are what I dislike, not the people. Unless they happen to be horrible people who are also of the faith.

Now where is Kurgle, our only link to that side of the current argument...discussion?

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Not meaning to jump in and make this FURTHER off topic than it already is getting, but I agree with both of you.

I love religion, period. I love debating it even moreso, but I love learning about all facets of the world's major religions.

I grew up Christian and was very close to becoming Catholic before I de-converted to my current atheism, but some of the rich history and culture of Christianity is absolutely amazing.

Taken as literary works, the holy books of the world are excellent. Once you start taking them further than that, problems pop up, but they are wonderful reads.

Thanks for your compliments earlier, by the way. I'm still in a bit of amazement that I was able to find such a great forum for serious topics like these on a gaming website. It's awesome.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

For Satanism, all I have to do is not disobey Father Satan and his teachings. To do that would be to go against the will of the earth. For he controls the animals of the land and birds of the air. I do not fear him, because I know there is nothing I have done to anger him.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Also, the reason I am absent at times from this discussion is because I forget tom check up. If you are curious or wish to discuss any of the topics feel free to PM me and I will try my best to answer any questions you have.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Well, don't have a PM system. And you should just post in your topic. We all want to read about it.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

How the hell (no pun intend) would Satan control the animals and birds? I just fail to understand that.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It is even harder for me to believe that Satan exists than it is to believe in a Higher Power at all.

But it would be messed up if reality was something like in Constantine.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I know what you mean. Even though I do not believe in either, it would seem to me that if any power at all controlled the animals and birds it seems that it would be more of a godly figure.

If it was more like Constatine, atleast we have Keanu Reeves to save us! Actually, on second thought, that is almost as bad. *shudders*

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

"whhhhhhoooooaaaaa....uhhh....I'm here to...uh....save YOU GUYS! YEA!"

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

They heed his call, they know their master. Satan is a godly figure.

Ahhh, Keanu. His movies are always so bad.

carltherune
carltherune
44 posts
Nomad

Kurgle, if you don't mind me asking, how do you worship Satan? The Catholics have Masses to worship their God, so how might you worship Satan?

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I do it on a very personal level. All I need to do is acknowledge his existence in my life and as my Father.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

What does satan being your father mean? Did he sleep with your mom to help conceive you? Is he good in bed? Yeah, probably. Those horns though... i dunno.

Showing 46-60 of 160