ForumsWEPRDoes war solve anything?

250 47867
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I mean, I personally just think of war as a harsh time and bloody ages, but really, does war solve anything?

• 250 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

maybe, a war never even started...

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I am cool with how war started (capture, not kill, the enemy). I am more distressed with how it evolved (when killing the enemy became a factor).

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

you can't go to war for peace william1! Yah sure 'fight for the peace' but that hasn't really been working if you've been watching the news. Mankind's too violent. So no matter how many wars we have to 'keep fighting for the peace' it won't work, and all you get is death, more WMD's, and a whole new group of people to take the place of the one you've just destroyed. Therefore, it is useless.

as coolpanda12345 stated, war made sure WW2 came out on the 'good' side, what had started it? Do you really think we would have gone to war if hitler hadn't started killing people, war was started by violence. The Japanese were afraid America would get into the fight and win, so they bombed the U.S. Fleet, so we went to war, war is always started by violence from mankind's pointless actions. No one would ever go to war if we didn't have random people rise up and take control and then start sending insults and fighting everyone.

So therefore, I think war is pointless, and started for pointless reasons.

methelod
methelod
49 posts
Nomad

War is created by violence or the greed of a country's leader and ,usually, is ended by violence and discussion.

methelod
methelod
49 posts
Nomad

And no it doesn't it usually jsut causes war.

mastermind17
mastermind17
28 posts
Nomad

war is stupid. its just trained men killing other men that have families and are unnecessaraly shot at. war is wrong. the men in war are not "fighting for their country" they're fighting cause they were called to and you can get arrested if you don't

rj28
rj28
153 posts
Nomad

Nothing but countries wanting to show that their stronger

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

If you view history as a series of contingencies, then war can neither be planned for nor avoided. If you don't then war is a means to an end, which is justified by the ideologies and "intrinsic worth" of a country's political or economical aspirations.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

But if were not for human nature to destroy, then wars wouldn't happen. We have to deal with them though, even if it is wrong. Some people will always want to use violence.
Replying to your second part, war is only the easiest, but not the shortest or smartest way to an end. It is easier to destroy than to create, but the result is always better when you create.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

yeah, war isn't a very good way to solve anything...

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

... except in a movie or video game.
I think people should only live the video game/movie while playing/watching it.
No, I do not mean kill people in real life while watching a movie.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

LoL that would be kind of funny if it wasn't so horrible...

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

I wasn't trying to be funny, just stop the funny comment. I am blaming the people who copy movies and video games and live like they are avatars.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

completely true, but that doesn't really solve the mystery of war, right? Do people just think its cool to have war or do they think they want to show the other countries how strong they are or do they jus want to solve overpopulation?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

To chiliad:
"...war is only the easiest, but not the shortest or smartest way to an end. It is easier to destroy than to create, but the result is always better when you create."

This is nothing more than just a cliche. How is war easy? It is expensive and time consuming. It is always better to create than destroy?! How do you create a civilization??

To firetail:
The goal of war is neither to be cool nor to solve overpopulation. War itself has no goal, only people can have goals.

If you guys are just posting ridiculous stuff to get little points or whatever, then fine.
But don't make asinine statements that don't make any sense.

Showing 16-30 of 250