ForumsWEPRDoes war solve anything?

250 47871
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I mean, I personally just think of war as a harsh time and bloody ages, but really, does war solve anything?

• 250 Replies
Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

Im just glad you put some thought into your post instead of ignoring me and posting spam that someone already said.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

War will always exist, regardless of whether it solves anything or not.

It forces nations to submit to the will of other nations through fear of destruction, so yes, it serves a purpose - diplomacy.

PaintballKing17
PaintballKing17
251 posts
Nomad

War solves everything, I grew up in a distinguished family that has a history on my mum's side of being in the military. War solves problems because if you win people will respect you, since you have such good military abilities

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

Wow, at least somebody here realizes wars has some plus sides (although it wasnt what i was thinking)but war doesnt solve everything. I like that you ACTUALLY PUT A REASON WHY WAR SOLVES/DOESNT SOLVE THINGS.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Paintball, I disagree. Ruling as a superpower by fear and money is the wrong way to go about in the world. Also, War Solves alot, Such as wrongness, Diplomatic relations that are being cracked, and the way to survive. As countries, the world fights for supremacy. But, the way the worlds been going on about it is wrong. The horrible thing is, War is being accolatted so badly, that, for example, for a country to kill one "Terrorist" they need to fly a bomb down and kill 10 more innocent people. Then -- report it down as cross-fire. Idiotic, beyond reason, but thats how it goes. War solves many reasons, unless you say Countries such as the former USSR Republics, Pakistan and Bengladesh, The United States of America and so many other had a bad reason to revolt and fight for liberty? War is a strong subject, and people who use it rightly. [Which should be seldom used] are the victors. Sadly, some people don't understand that. War is terror, in the grand scheme, it helps. Still, I hate it, but it does help someone who acctually knows what they're doing. (Like, not greed or cash, but for someones best interest) anyway, My five cents.

Ryano123
Ryano123
12 posts
Nomad

yes, if we weren't at war still, 9-11 will happen all over again!

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

Not if we station a anti-aircraft turrent every square mile across the U.S. :P

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

To Ryano123, Thats also y we need to keep the troops in Iraq. as much as i hate to say it

ewoklad
ewoklad
15 posts
Nomad

No, i think that it doesn't, it wastes money and it's not getting anyone anywhere. Also, think of the whole world together, most likely. We'd all be Communist. NOT GOOD. we should keep it as it is, no war, but interdependance. Not Communism. Thank you.

EequalsMC2
EequalsMC2
10 posts
Nomad

War is not about who's right. War is about who's left.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

My response to Hermann: If there wasn't war we wouldn't have to defend ourselves the world should be one big country foucusing on advances in medicine, new building techniques, fixing poverty stuff like that.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Well IMO I think wars do solve things in diffrent ways... I mean to one contry it solves for the good and for another it solves for the bad.

Sometimes I think without war the world would be a diffrent place for the good and bad...

Take WW2 for example if no one stopped the Nazi invation this world could have been diffrent... And another example is the war in the middle east, soldhers get killed but it is nessisary to change that area for the good...

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

BUT..... If NO ONE fought each other there would be no need for war. If hitler didn't kill anyone we wouldn't have had to stop him. If Iran wasn't trying to take over Iraq we wouldn't have to help. C what I mean??

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Ya I see what you mean... But as long as there is people on earth there will always be WAR!!!

Sometimes I think humanes are going to be the downfall of this planet...

LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
358 posts
Peasant

Yes soon regular war will just turn absolute and just turn into nuclear wars. It would be like the last level of age of war.

Showing 61-75 of 250