ForumsWEPRHave We Become Too Attached To Technology?

100 16471
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

Have we gotten to attached to technology?
What happens if one day all of the things we rely just stop working?
State your opnions

• 100 Replies
Conspicuous
Conspicuous
3 posts
Nomad

Many of you thing of "technology" as computers, pda's, Ipods etc. but lets get down to something really simple, Fire.

Fire was at one point of the human evolution to be brand new technology. If you think about it, without fire, many of the things we see and use for granted would not exist.

Of course I'm really going way off there. When I think of technology, I start thinking of electricity itself. Without it many of the things that we have that are automated in anyway would not work. Things like printers, computers, electric stoves, clocks etc. So yes, I really do believe that we have become attached to technology.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Of course we are.

I mean. AG users are an example. We are on the internet all the freaking time. At least most of us are.

Also, cell phones, television, iPods. The list just goes on and on.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

We were all fine with the original Ipod, but since the original stopped selling, they had to make a better one so people would buy again. Dammit, I myself got the Touch.

The only thing that makes us uncomfortable with the cheap $20 Mp3s is that we would feel bad seeing others with the expensive ones. Its all lies.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

ill die from boredom i rlly do think most ppl are attached to technology...im always on the computer useually unless im on xbox...50 years ago there was little technology...peaople were rarley bored though

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

That's because 50 years ago our expectations were way less. We could have fun playing outside, be it tag or cards. Now since we need tecnology to have fun or going to the marketplace or the movies with friends.

The problem is... We have to pay for these things!
None of us can afford an unlimited supply of these.

And we need an unlimited supply because even a $300 Ipod gets boring in the first 20 minutes? LOL.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

that depends if ur addicted to sum songs like i am...err sorta but wat about if u won the lottery for 90 mil dollars? (there would only be around 40 mil from the deduction that they take...like tax...ITS A RIP OFF!)

The_Comedian
The_Comedian
29 posts
Nomad

We aren't too attached to technology but remember technology and other creations of man should never be idolized, for they are just movements of Earth. The day we are too attached to technology is the day when we forget that, and beleive the technology we are creating is above us, is divine.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

They are pointless and have no value other then negative ones. Waste of natural resources.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

if thats the case, Drace, then wat are we doing here? (on the site)

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Hmm... communicating with the various parts of the worlds. It would have its benefits with making sure our humanities are in check when comparing the values of people of different cultures. Cough* basically keeping us secular, and also helping us discuss about topics we might not normally do. Closer to enlightenment, eh?

The_Comedian
The_Comedian
29 posts
Nomad

Eshploded, were you refrencing my comment? I didn't mean it to be overly religous, what I meant is long as we realize technology is just creation of man and not above us or that a specific technology is greater then human life we will not be too dependent on technology or industry.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Personally I think that electronics, computers, telephones, television, etc. are a necessity and otherwise the well known "technology" that we use, radar, satellite, etc., all these things are the centerfold of our society without it there will be panic and chaos thus causing war to break out and causing the world itself to go into a panicked state then eventually we will adapt to it just like we adapted for technology and I suppose things will revert back to normal unless the war is a nuclear war which would mean food would become contaminated from all the radiation which probably wouldn't be healthy to eat or a lot of the food would be burnt/destroyed/vaporized etc. and or there will be no chaos and everyone will just get used to it and find other things to do, which would be a step up from where we are today, without guns and weapons think of how peaceful things will be, no crime, no murders, people will just die of natural causes, but if someone gets a disease we have no technology to help cure it, like chemotherapy and other medical machines that we need, but I'm sure there would be little or no crime and things would revert to a normal "happy" status which would be very nice and personally I would be satisfied and wouldn't mind not having technology but that is just my opinion.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

When referring to technology, I'm talking of Ipods, consoles, computers, etc. These things are of no use. As of satellites, medicine, etc, we can live without those too. But we are to have a goal, we must continue to advance in these.

You don't necercially have to have both.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Oh. I was responding to marked target.

Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

Isn't technology getting better?

how can it die out I think we would know by now if it would die

Showing 16-30 of 100