ForumsWEPRHave We Become Too Attached To Technology?

100 16470
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

Have we gotten to attached to technology?
What happens if one day all of the things we rely just stop working?
State your opnions

• 100 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well considering everything I do on a daily basis requires technology I'd say yes, I am very attached to it. But I don't see what I would do without it. I do stuff on my computer, my cell phone, ipod, drive my car to get around, go to the gym where I use treadmills/machines, microwave, etc. People today have grown to use and develop things that make our lives easier and more entertaining with the technology we have.I don't think we are TOO attached, however. It is normal for us to develop new things. If need be, I would live in a hut and hunt for animals during my spare time. I wouldn't have a problem doing that, but while I still have all of these amazing things, I will continue to use them, and to create new things.

I think might of just wrapped this up. I read it several times and i think that is exactly the case with the majority of people
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

One word to explain it, COMPLETELY. We rely on tech today a ton. It is one of the ways the human race has survived. Yes, we have become way too attacked to tech, but it helps our lives eaisier, and sometimes saves us, such as medical tech.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

To Crimsonblade, If everything in your house runs off of electricity, maybe you should invest in some more technology and get a portable generator, just in case.

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

of course... look at obesity percentages.. not that many fat lardos back in the day..

dizzyk
dizzyk
423 posts
Nomad

I'd like my house and car to by powered by batteries, and then when those batteries are drained, I hook them up to a stationary bike and pedal until their charged. Saves money, environment, and burns off those doughnuts.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

If i could be bothered to do such things i would. There are better ways to stay in shape but bravo on the environmentalist stuff.

iSpades
iSpades
13 posts
Nomad

Totally, ppl would lose their minds if lets say all electricity was permamently gone... i dont think we would be able to live without it.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Lets not talk of what would happen if all the technology was lost, because thats just almost impossible, but rather if it has put us in a worse condition or not.

I think technology has made men into machines. We are just the operators. If we were to evolve to the point where we could produce ourselves, ehh...

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

i know if we suddenly lost the ability to produce gaming technology i would definitely be more productive and i would have more free time..

GreatZulu638
GreatZulu638
279 posts
Nomad

sorry for double post,

im at work right now and right now i have 14 computers around me (in a hospital), 2 CT machines, 2 pagers, 4 telephones, 1 gameboy DS (mine hehe playing at work), 2 cell phones, and 2 printers.. so yeah.. a lot of technology around me..

Showing 91-100 of 100