ForumsWEPRHave We Become Too Attached To Technology?

100 16466
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

Have we gotten to attached to technology?
What happens if one day all of the things we rely just stop working?
State your opnions

• 100 Replies
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

Anyone who is an AG user is attached to technology. There are many other things to do other rather than kill time on AG. This is a technology which helps people get by without boredom. Therefor, we are all attached to it whether you like it or not.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

well, iwould rather spend half an hour looking for the remote then push the buttons on the tv.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Scientists and other people have been saying this for years... YES!! we are too Dependant on technology and no if our tech all goes out there will still people that can survive.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

we are absolutely attatched to technology...and its scary.

Now can I ask a question...which type of technology (phones, televisions, computers, appliances, transportation methods) do you think that people as a whole are attached to most?

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

All of it.

You been scammed!

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

technology is anything that is made to solve a problem so basically everything is technology

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

which type of technology (phones, televisions, computers, appliances, transportation methods) do you think that people as a whole are attached to most?

Cooked food, we're grown as a species with cooked food, so we in essence can't survive without it as we don't have a system in place to kill the microbes present in uncooked food, alas, it's our great technological weakness!
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

Anytime a new technology comes out, we get attached to it. I don't think its necessarily a bad thing. Once a new technology is introduced, one group will love it and can't live without it, while another group of people will hate it.

I can just imagine old cavemen complaining that those darn kids use the wheel too much. "Back in my day, we had to carry our food by hand! We didn't have no stupid wheel!"

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

What this technology does is make us mindless consumers ^^ This would be technology PRODUCED as an outcome.

And anything to do with the industrial revolution is yucky.

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

And anything to do with the industrial revolution is yucky.

I dunno, the resultant increased standard of living as well as creation of accessible modern health care seem like pretty good things to me.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Industrial revolution = Creation of capitalism. And you know how I am with that.

Wouldn't want to make this into one of those topics

a7xfan
a7xfan
212 posts
Peasant

yeah we have no one i know has read a book in there leisure time cause of all the technology and such

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

yeah we have no one i know has read a book in there leisure time cause of all the technology and such

Books are a form of technology, they may be antiquicated but they still are technology. It just so happens that there are newer technologies for information that happen to be more accesible and easier to use leading to a decline inthe usage of books.
rumen
rumen
307 posts
Nomad

Well, lets say this happens with some bomb which affects only technology. Ok.. some addicted people will go crazy, other will just find out they're nothing without it.
Other will be afraid they will be poor, because their job was tech-related.
Some will react calm, think rationally.

Overall, it will become really crazy situation. People will just dunno what to do, information will be slow..

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

@Super

It just so happens that there are newer technologies for information that happen to be more accesible and easier to use leading to a decline inthe usage of books.

Like what?

People are doing things that has nothing to do with gaining information.
Showing 31-45 of 100