ForumsWEPRHave We Become Too Attached To Technology?

100 16468
darkhandmaster
darkhandmaster
62 posts
Nomad

Have we gotten to attached to technology?
What happens if one day all of the things we rely just stop working?
State your opnions

• 100 Replies
Mac_MK
Mac_MK
752 posts
Nomad

It seems that you limit it to the internet and computers

what do you mean?
Calm
Calm
908 posts
Herald

@Lige
Well, obviously we could survive without electricity but it would make our lives more difficult! No transportation means, no light, no communication means... The world is now "unified" by technology. You can contact whoever you want, wherever you want and whenever you want, thanks to technology. This would end without electricity!

@Mac_MK
In the previous posts, people were only discussing the consequences of an internet breakdown. I think it would be a minor issue in case of deprivation of technology!

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

The whole human race would not plummet! We would just resort to living in the old days...

Although many would die because the means of production could not support the population.

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

I think yeah we have become to attached to technology because we can't live without it

BASHA
BASHA
660 posts
Nomad

no of cource not, one second I just got a text

Ardaius
Ardaius
12 posts
Nomad

All technology will collapse one day, think about it. To run equipment, we need energy, and we're consuming it too fast. One day no TV, no computer or car will be operational. We also need the diminishing resources (oil, coal etc.) to make cement and bricks for housing and a lot of other stuff using these fuels. The modern world will die unless we find other, more reliable sources of energy, such as solar power, hydroelectricity etc.

In other words, we are addicted to technology, and once the day we are going to suffer. Terribly.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@Drace

You should look up the definition of hypocrisy. Everytime you post, you talk about going back to the stone age, then you deny it. You then say technology sucks, but then claim to have never said it. Make up your mind.

I am not questioning the definition of Communism. I am questioning you. Everytime you post something, you contradict yourself.

Lilboi3000
Lilboi3000
230 posts
Nomad

And never, NEVER, in just one day, would technology just crash. It would either hit a slow decline, or we would simply just run out of energy too supply it.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Everytime you post, you talk about going back to the stone age, then you deny it.

o.O? All I am saying is that were depended on technology. I would of had preferred it that we didn't evolve so rapidly, but did I ever say I want to go back?
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

If it just stopped ppl would overrreact and people would go crazy.

Demonfire
Demonfire
76 posts
Nomad

technology has turned into our everyday life without it since we really on tech. so much then we would not have most of our nature instinct

happypanda77
happypanda77
22 posts
Nomad

we are attached to technology hwo many ppl dont have a computer

tanstaafl28
tanstaafl28
336 posts
Farmer

The easiest way to find out is to "go dark" for a few days and see whether you can manage without.

Go camping and leave all the gadgets at home.

XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

By some odd chance that we lost all technology, many people would die, and a few million would survive and start over. A pretty simple answer.

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

A few million...?
In African nations they basically have no technology.

Showing 61-75 of 100