ForumsSupport Forumarmor games is boring it needs something to make it fun again cos loads of people are quiting

84 10683
southparkforever
southparkforever
125 posts
Nomad

right armor games is now boring as hell i joined newgrounds today and unless armor games gets better im not comming back i mean i play armor games all of my online time
but im thinking newgrounds is better please improve armor games wat i mainly want is no more point system it cuases arguments cos people abuse geeks[get pionts like ary secound] new people and low ranked clan members

• 84 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Also please don't reply with "AG doesn't need gimmicks" w/o explaining why.

Ouch, you got me there. Eh, whatever.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ummm...did u read my post?

Yes, I was referring to the original post that started this thread.

Also, we aren't copying Kongregate...there are tons of things with achievement systems (Xbox 360, Steam, I think PS3). I'm just suggesting a new gimmick, to attract or keep armor gamers.

I understand what you are saying, it is the only reason that I used to go on Kongregate back in the day. I just don't think this is really a system that we can implement right now. We are still a very newly interactive site, we need to make sure that the site itself can function properly first.

And we do try and separate ourselves as much as possible from other online gaming communities. We do not want to follow in the footsteps of NG or Kong. And this is a reason why we have not implemented some features. We do want to be unique in the gaming community. And the fact is, whether or not other systems have it or not, if we put in achievements, we will get a lot of people saying 'oh you just stole this idea from Kongregate!' Because the fact is, that is what people do. Anywhere that they can draw a comparison, they will cry foul play. And no, I am not over exaggerating here. I have seen a lot of good artists, with good games get shot down because it had a few similar features to another console game.
Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

I guess you have a point, Carlie.

And about the site working, a few times I've been playing a game, then I rate it or add to favs and it goes to the homepage of AG (so I lose whatever I was doing in the game) and it didn't even count my rating/add to my favs. Maybe it's just a freak glitch that cannot be stopped, but I still figured I'd bring it to your attention.

Armor points are what made me join...and the ability to submit games (which is a freedom I will exercise in the future : ) ). Maybe we could have, instead of achievements, just AP for each game you beat (I guess only some would have it, because an event would have to be programmed in). Call it 'Armor Victories' or something...like a secion in a person's profile.

Just throwin' it out there!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I do, however, suggest you throw more out, of your own creative ideas that might interest gamers. Mind you, my mind is blank.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yes I have had the same problem programpro.It has something to do with pressing the arrow keys in a certain way.I have noticed that in alot of games that have the arrow keys as the only option of controls have this issue.That is why I like using the WASD keys instead in games,but not all of them have that option.So the only thing to solve this is figure out why it is doing this,and fix it,or in the future have all games give the option to use the WASD keys or the Arrow Keys,that require it.As for the original idea though.Carlie has explained it all for you,so I have nothing to say on the matter.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

As a matter of fact for me, I like using the arrow keys better, unless it requires a lot of mouse control.

Bogga1314
Bogga1314
109 posts
Nomad

im pretty sure armor games is fine the way it is, this whole site isnt simply about gaining AP, its a GAMING site, go play some games and be happy with it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

We need more games. That might be an issue, but I love the games :P

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

New games are always being submitted, and added onto the site =)

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

If people want to quit then that is their choice. I am sure their views do not represent the majority of the population. Sure there could be things to make it better. But thats what these forums are for. There is nopoint saying this unless you have a suggestion to improve, peole dont want to hear u whinging in public.

Shark7996
Shark7996
373 posts
Nomad

@firetail_madness:

I figure you'd know this already, but noone but the gamemakers can decide how many games go on here. Plus, we just got a batch of 9 games (I think) in 2 days! That's enough for me!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think that was in 5 days. True, but still, I suggest more games! Well, the more the merrier!

Programpro
Programpro
562 posts
Nomad

Yah! Game designers, why aren't you cranking out games by the barrel full...

and when I said that, "it was in MASSIVE sarcasm quotes" (anyone catch the reference?)

You can't just ask for more games...people submit when they're good and ready. If you want to make tons of poor-quality games and upload them, be my guest, but don't go demanding it of others.

LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

I don't see why some people have to be completely devoted to just one site. I personally enjoy having an account on AG, NG, and Kongregate. Its nice to be able to jump between each page because they all provide something different. I don't know, but to me it just seems silly to be completely devoted to one site and avoid the others, its not like the political race where you pick one side or the other, it's more like smorgasboard of great websites.

joshar04
joshar04
61 posts
Nomad

the points system is awesome if you get rid of that where are the goals to play this many games god you friggin noob

Showing 16-30 of 84