ForumsArt, Music, and WritingAnimation Contest - Theme: Halloween (page 68)

707 299883
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Alrighty, this has been brewing in the artistic minds of a few AGers lately - an animation contest!

Similar to the Art Skills Competition we need a few rules in place (largely copy/pasted, so credits to Carlie for parts of this):
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program (GIMP is a nice free one with a build in animation filter - google it). Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your animation is larger than 630 pixels wide, please provide a link to the animation instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the animation will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week. Unless only one person submits......let's hope that doesn't happen!

Alright, let's see if this kicks off.
First theme will be ~ Jumping.
It's a basic thing to learn in animation, and it can be anything from a pixelated blob performing up/down motions, to - anything jumping.
Like: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Emote.gif
I don't know who will do the judging yet (will be me, if no one else (like Strop?) decides they'll do it).
Deadline for first round will be October 20th, since animation is a somewhat time consuming process. Go make those pixels jump!

• 707 Replies
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Animation. Moving? Look at the first few pages.

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

well if you move the scroll bar side to side really fast it looks like he is moving :P

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

He does a good moonwalk.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/avatar474626.gif?t=1249868221

Its small, and its not an entry because well... it doesn't follow the topic. But I don't know where else to put it. :<

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

So after making ^ that post, I was determined to make an actual entry. And I did. Woo.

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/th_avatar475330.gif
Click to see the normal sized version.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Also, I would love to see Zophia's expression when she finds out you drew her in pink and with a skirt on.
I would have loved to see it too. I think I was too rofl/horrified to notice what sort of expression I had.

Well, on droidz,theere were that kind of girl, and a school girl with an even smaller skirt.
Smaller skirt = goooooooood. No skirt = betteeeeeeeeeeer. I can be a stick guy, can't I? Please no skirt? :<

I choose to color her in pink because that way, it's more distinguishable.
I guess the "mazzelhs are green", "my armatar is green" and "Zoph has a green tail" just doesn't stick in peoples' heads.

I'm not offended and you do have artistic liberty, I'm just ... displeased.

Its small, and its not an entry because well... it doesn't follow the topic. But I don't know where else to put it. :<
I created a thread for people to post random animations in waaaaaaaay back. It's still around somewhere.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

How do you use GIMP for animations?

Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

Hmm i sure Zophia knows....

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

How do you use GIMP for animations?

Each layer in GIMP is a new frame, so you will have to draw it like Disney used to. Step by them.
Then there is a filter callen "animation" and &quotlayback" where you can see what it looks like.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

That's why I'm asking her, Gametesta. >_> Why did you post that message? Isn't that .... spam?

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Thanks Cenere. I got Ninja'd. Meh, I'll use Pivot instead.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I used Doink. :P
*link*

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

GRRR This was about the third time that I went to this thread instead of the WoM!

*fails*

And Zega...I don't get it...

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

I would have loved to see it too. I think I was too rofl/horrified to notice what sort of expression I had.

Smaller skirt = goooooooood. No skirt = betteeeeeeeeeeer. I can be a stick guy, can't I? Please no skirt? :<

Ok.

I guess the "mazzelhs are green", "my armatar is green" and "Zoph has a green tail" just doesn't stick in peoples' heads.

I'm not offended and you do have artistic liberty, I'm just ... displeased.

Ok ok, I am now happy I decided yesterday to make some improvements in the animation.

Thanks for the warnings
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Notice the rofl half of that, though. The animation is funny^^
Just not so me~

Ok ok, I am now happy I decided yesterday to make some improvements in the animation.

Thanks for the warnings
Showing 586-600 of 707