ForumsArt, Music, and WritingChronicles of Armor Games

162 33778
mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

In unease, there is ease in error. Problems arise quickly when there is tension. This, however was a surprise...

The wind blew around the feet of the civilians as they walked steadily faster. The buildings around them were bleak, and stone. Their names were shayneii and skater_kid_who_pwns (skwpwns). Looming in the distance was the well lit dwelling of Carlie. Surrounding that, however, were the dwellings of the many users that had been shunned by the community manager.
Skwpwns looked into the damp alleyways that were on either side.

Why doesn't somebody put a light in those?
remarked skwpwns. Shayneii made no reply. They were not friends. They were merely heading in the same direction. And scared.
  • 162 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Wow...the last AG story was by Klaushouse...and the Mods killed each other!

Anywho...Who else gets featured? Maybe the ancient archiver who always forgets to archive...(HINT HINT!)

lol!

KingRyan

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

Nice story.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

lol! great story :P i like it.

Interactive
Interactive
31 posts
Nomad

Great story, very creative

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Armor Games had one real religion: Breakfastarianism. Invented and preached by Devoidless, it had dominance over the city. Either you were a breakfastarian, or nothing. Recently there had been problems. A citizen, Ricador, had begun to preach anti-breakfastarianism and there became a rift. Some users strongly for this religion and some users were placed against it. Moegreche ended this by crushing the stall in the forum, which had become something of a hub.
Shayneii was a breakfastarian, but skater had not conformed to a religion. Neither were particularly knowledgeable about this new religion. "All streets lead to Rome" or Carlie's mansion. There were a few other prominent households- Daniel McNeely who was the founder of Armor Games but was not too well know, John (jmtb02) was a head game developer. His job was to plan out games and activities (all called games) that would be played, sometimes for fun, mostly as a job. Shayneii and skater both lived on the street that Carlie's house was on. It was easy to commute, so they did that.
Occasionally Shayneii or Skater would come in with a "ghost citizen" who would usually be removed from the city. There were many more ghost citizens coming in than going out, but any help was good help.

Shayneii wrapped his cloak around himself. "What was that?" He asked. Skater felt it too. There was something either right, or very wrong.

Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

breakfastarianism? lol.

chowdollas
chowdollas
672 posts
Nomad

man i was at the edge of my seat i want to read more

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Very nice and very creative

My main suggestion would be to watch the flow of your writing

Can't wait for more!

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

How do you mean flow?

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

i think they mean that you should watch your punctuation, like commas, periods etc...

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

A citizen, Ricador,, had begun to preach anti-breakfastarianism and there became a rift. Some users strongly for this religion and some users were placed against it. Moegreche ended this by crushing the stall in the forum, which had become something of a hub.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Maybe i will sure you for using my name without permission ^^

And BTW, the breakfastarian thread has loads of spam to, and also has hub like qualities, so shouldn't it also logically be locked.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Totally sweet! This would be a good time to work on those writing skills, so I have some tips:

* With regards to 'flow', try reading aloud and see how elegantly the sentence flows. For example instead of "there became a rift", try "a rift developed". Because unless you really want somebody to stumble and do a double-take, it's easier to use the standard subject-verb construction.

* To really extend the metaphor, I'd call Dan McNeely the mayor or even the lord, or aristocrat, or, to be most realistic, the King of the land. Carlie might be the mayor in that case, and John the planner and master architect of the town, whereas Sphigford, with his exclusively logistical role, would be in charge of executing certain infrastructural plans...get the idea? And yeah, forum, tavern, all that, you've got the hang of it I think.

This will be funnnnn

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

To really extend the metaphor, I'd call Dan McNeely the mayor or even the lord, or aristocrat, or, to be most realistic, the King of the land. Carlie might be the mayor in that case, and John the planner and master architect of the town, whereas Sphigford, with his exclusively logistical role, would be in charge of executing certain infrastructural plans...get the idea? And yeah, forum, tavern, all that, you've got the hang of it I think.

Awesome ideas =) I agree. If you are going to go with the metaphors, I would make it stronger by integrating more of them.

But so far it really fits in well with the site, and I enjoy reading the updates. Keep them coming!
qwe853
qwe853
90 posts
Nomad

great story! keep writing i cant wait for more.
i think the best thing about this whole story is that fantastik metaphore. and i can (even though i know how it looks in real (in the forum)) picture those houses and chalie and skater and everyone walking between those houses. but again great story! and keep the good work going!

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Haha ADD ME IN IT!

Haha, you can make me evil if you want, I just want to see what you do with it (:

Showing 16-30 of 162