ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12920
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

it's an experiment.
We have a beta right now too.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Oct 24, '08 at 9:39pm, Carlie wrote:
And it is a reasonable suggestions, might work somewhat like the comment wait limit.

Could rating a game come after (or along with) commenting on it? (Unless there is really nothing to say about the game, but I see that as equally doubtful as there being people besides myself who refuse to comment on certain games.) Wouldn't it be ideal to have a rating and a comment to back up or complement the rating?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think people could do that but then again they could write ninsense and rate it.After that their comment will be deleted but not their rating so it still stays the same.

CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

hey juan g2g think about adding me

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Wouldn't it be ideal to have a rating and a comment to back up or complement the rating?

That'd be super, although, I wouldn't expect too much quality in the comments. Just people itching to rate a game, earn some points and move on.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah it wouldn't work too much.
I only see little people writing them like Zone Champion etc.
If they could do it but then track the pointless comments with the rating then i think it would be nice.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Awhile back there was a suggestion about showing what you rated the game in your comment.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Can you describe it?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That is an obvious reaction, but it wouldn't be any different than what's going on now? There's probably not that many users out there who's ratings are disparately disproportionate to their comments aside from people who have many more comments and the ones who spam the game ratings. (And I actually have ~25+ more games rated than commented on, which could be disparately disproportioned.)

And who's to say that the rating can't be part of the comment? (Can ratings even be deleted anyway?) If they can't be deleted, then it's no different than having a rating limit.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I'm not saying they can't.
I would actually love to have it when ratings are able to be deleted.
This could stop cheaters and every time you see in the leader board a lot of users do it a lot.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

i agree to this topic! it is quite reasonable.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

But, if they can't get points in one way, they will just get it in another. So I don't know if it would really help with spam in the big picture.

It will at least slow them down.
Well, I think this is a good idea.
RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

50 games a week would be better but I could play more than 50 games a week if I wanted to but I owuldn't even bother so 50 would be better Juan!

Septua
Septua
464 posts
Blacksmith

First off, isnt this a gaming site?
Rating gives 2ap per rate and you can only rate a game once.
lets just count how many people post comments on games these comments give 1ap per comment and you can comment almost as much as you like with the: Cool game. 5/10. ect. To be honest i think thos comments are more spam then just 1 rate per game.
Yes im on the leaderboard right now becouse i like to play games and rate them. If i really like a game i try to write a good constructive comment on them hence i got 5 merits for that at this moment.
So those this make me a bad member just becouse im not a chataholic and post less then 1 post on the forum a day? no im not. Rating isnt spam the million this vs that posts on the forum and the "cool game" "10/10" or "bleeh i dont like it" comments are spam.

Sincerly yours

Sep

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Well, i think it is possible to rate 100 games in a week! It takes a few minutes to play a game and then you rate it.Although this would be good to decrease spam! i may be new here, But i have seen alot of people rate a suspicious amount of games on other sites.

Showing 31-45 of 119