ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12915
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Like others have wrote, it's not necessarily going to stop spam.

Here's the thing though, rating games doesn't really affect AG as much -- spamming the forum with garbage and writing frivolous comments on games/profiles do, however. So, when you think about it, rating games isn't all that bad. If a person wants to do that, then let them -- if it bothers you so much, then report it to a moderator. There's no sense in making a rule or input coding regarding something that doesn't happen as frequently as repeat topics, arguments, flame wars, etc.

I never understood why users ragged on other users because of the amount of games they rated. They're cheating to gain ranks and AP, BUT, how about the person with 3,000 comments? 5,000 comments? Didn't they..."cheat" as well? Or "did they not mean to do that, it just happened" kind of thing? I guess that's saved for a different topic

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah!
That gets annoying and if we tell mods they get banned but they still remain in the leader board.

CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

I agree with u juan its a good idea i think it is worth looking into

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I also find it weird the person usualy on the current leader board thats 1st rates only games.

If you find it weird, ask the person or ask a moderator what action could be taken.

That gets annoying and if we tell mods they get banned but they still remain in the leader board.

So? A leaderboard is nothing but a board... if anything, you should worry about your own accomplishments

I agree with u juan its a good idea i think it is worth looking into

Yeah... why? -_-
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I respect your opinions Zone and i agree with them but i think this idea could have a huge positive effect on AG

CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

Because it is in some ways cheap. like at the beggining of the forum juan talked to a mod he should do that again i think it would be wise to listen to him =]

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What do you mean by "cheap" and wise to listen to who?

CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

"cheap" as in spam for points and wise to listen to you

Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

H
ayze was the biggest one,one day and 980+ games rated! i think maybe 10-20 rates a day..thats it,and if they reach maximum for 10 days straight,theyre spammers.[quote]

HOLY CRAP! and i think 10 rates is not enough!
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

"cheap" as in spam for points and wise to listen to you

Stick around for a while and you'll realize a lot of people gain AP through chatting on The Messenger

I respect your opinions Zone and i agree with them but i think this idea could have a huge positive effect on AG

That is yet to be seen -- but for the time being, if we see a user rating 900 or so games in a few days of joining, I think it's safe to report that user to the moderators. It's not like everyone's doing it. There are isolated incidences and we should deal with accordingly, not by spending days creating new coding (the dev's would go nutzo!)
CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

hey zone you really no what your talking about add me if you want

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah.
A beta is for testing right?
What if we had about a moth of testing it and maybe we can see what can happen.We first need the mods and admins to agree.

CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

what is beta

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think beta is for trying new things before showing it to the whole public.
They use it to see the effect on the site and from there decide to use it or not.

CID_CHOPPER
CID_CHOPPER
37 posts
Nomad

will it replace armor or is it just an experiment

Showing 16-30 of 119