ForumsSupport Forum[SUG'N] Supra-Game-Comment Idea

16 3097
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This suggestion most likely requires a lot of coding, but I'm just lumping ideas together.

Perhaps in place of the Quick Feedback we can have another, larger comment box that pops up by clicking a "Comment" button where the Quick Feedback box is now.[1] This will only allow for one comment per game that will prevent spam[2] with an edit function in case the game developer uploads a new version of the game.[?] When the page loads, your comment will be the first one on the page when you go to that page so you know that you posted a comment on the game and this also eliminates the need to search for your comment.[3] Comments from other users will be listed by date as it is right now, so your comment will not be bumped to the top but stay where it is with a small line indicating when it was last edited along with the date of the original post. Additionally, the overall rating a game would also be lumped into this system to prevent the more frivolous of votings[4]. Then, perhaps, each user's ratings could be shown along with their comments.

References
[1] OctoberSnow, "What does the comment box need?," p. 1, Nov 5, '08 at 2:05pm.
[2] firetail_madness, "One Comment Per Game.," p. 1, Oct 20, '08 at 6:32pm.
[3] crimsonblade55, "One Comment Per Game.," p. 3, Oct 20, '08 at 9:17pm.
[4] Gantic, "Rate limit?," p. 4, Oct 25, '08 at 12:18am.

[?] Couldn't find the source, but I know I read it somewhere.

• 16 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Either no one reads it clear enough or no one understands.

Comment plus rating in a pop-up window.
Write your comment, rate the game. Submit.
Go back and edit comment/rating whenever for whatever reason, such as if a new version of the game is uploaded.

Showing 16-16 of 16