ForumsSupport ForumRate limit?

119 12904
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think we should have a rate limit of 100 games rated by week.
If you see the current leaders,they rate all game with no forum posts and few comments.Maybe this could stop them by cheating.

I want to see what you guys think!

• 119 Replies
Wizard69
Wizard69
3 posts
Nomad

I think as long as there are true ratings (Games actually being played) there should be no limit. The idea of the points system as I see it is to keep everyone playing the games. If I am correct in assuming that, it would be counter productive to limit the point system, as that would limit the game play.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

100 a week just seems like too few....
how about 25 a day?

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I know many people can play and fairly rate more than 100 games a week. That's only 14 games a day. If you play each of those 14 games a day for 5 minutes each. That's only 70 minutes. Just over an hour. Many many people spend more than an hour on this site daily. I think a daily limit of about 25-40 would be better.

Many people have mentioned that this will increases spamming on comments and forums. I would personally like this. Everyone can report spamming, and mods can then delete the posts and they get no AP. You can't report an inaccurate rating. This limit would be good.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I see this has it's bad points and good points.
I like all of your opinions.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Everyone can report spamming

But very few people do, and that's the problem. You can have rubbish comments splattered everywhere on the site, and only a few would be deleted, yet alone flagged.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Thanks. I think it would be a good idea. What do you think is a good number for a limit? And is a weekly limit better or a daily?

Personally I think a daily limit is better. Lets compare, a limit of 25 a day compared to a limit of 175 a week.

Daily
The cheater has to come on every day and rate 25 games, which gives him 50 AP a day. Even cheaters have to do things. So he will miss days and then lose AP

Weekly
The cheater can rate 175 in about 20 minutes. And gain 350 AP a day. Then not come on for the rest of the week.

A daily limit seems the clear choice...

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

A reply by InTheZone to

Everyone can report spamming

But very few people do, and that's the problem. You can have rubbish comments splattered everywhere on the site, and only a few would be deleted, yet alone flagged.

I know I report comments I think are spam, and I would hope all the active members of the community do as well. Would you rather have
Rubish comments
that can be flagged and deleted or people that rate hundreds of games in a hour to amass a load of AP that no average member of the community can easily report...
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Sorry fir double post.

First off, isnt this a gaming site?
Rating gives 2ap per rate and you can only rate a game once.
lets just count how many people post comments on games these comments give 1ap per comment and you can comment almost as much as you like with the: Cool game. 5/10. ect. To be honest i think thos comments are more spam then just 1 rate per game.
Yes im on the leaderboard right now becouse i like to play games and rate them. If i really like a game i try to write a good constructive comment on them hence i got 5 merits for that at this moment.
So those this make me a bad member just becouse im not a chataholic and post less then 1 post on the forum a day? no im not. Rating isnt spam the million this vs that posts on the forum and the "cool game" "10/10" or "bleeh i dont like it" comments are spam.

I see you're against this idea becuase you do the same thing.
I hate to see people like Rafael_marcc22 being crushed by people who cheat when he doesn't.
Many people try their best to be there but they get brought down with people who only comment games and never post or anything.
You see what i mean?

I think as long as there are true ratings (Games actually being played) there should be no limit. The idea of the points system as I see it is to keep everyone playing the games. If I am correct in assuming that, it would be counter productive to limit the point system, as that would limit the game play.

How can anyone know if someone is rating for AP or they're true?
The idea of the point system to to determine whether the game is good or not.If we do have a rate limit you could still play the game but not rate in another week.This way many users could get to the leader board nice and clean.

100 a week just seems like too few....
how about 25 a day?

Let's see 25*7=175 games rated.
A month here is about 4 weeks right?
175*4=700.That would bee too much don't you think?
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I think 700 a month is a little high as well. Maybe only 500 a month on a daily rating system... Depending on the number of days in the month, I think a limit of 15 a day would be good.
This would encourage the cheaters to spam for AP, which I hope everyone who sees flags. Then the user will lose the AP gained from those comments.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Me and mentorso went through 41 pages flagging all the spam comments.
We hope we do more and we will.
15 will be pretty good.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Cool. I think I'll go through some random games and flag spam.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

that can be flagged and deleted or people that rate hundreds of games in a hour to amass a load of AP that no average member of the community can easily report...

I see your point, and it's a very valid one, but I do believe these occurances of people rating 900+ games are isolated. Happening every so often. Then you have the user who has rated 900+ games and stayed below the radar for a while. My point is, and this is me just reiterating, we should deal with those individuals appropriately (i.e. report them to the moderators).

Personally, rating a whole lot of games doesn't seem like a big deal to me, which is why I'm not in favour of the idea. The dev's certainly shouldn't have to rack their brains coding a solution that already exists...

If however the number of people who rate 900+ increases dramatically -- it'll be even easier to spot and deal with (since they'll most likely appear on the Current Leaders page.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Maybe you don't mind but i do as well as many other.
It's not fair we try so hard for nothing when cheaters only rate.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

ok so good idea, yes..and a 10 daily amount or a 20 daily amount will be best.spammers can do 100 in one single day.and they comment on them,when you know a psammer you see:

1000 games rated

25 comments

and plus there are over 1,000 games

takes 5 minutes to have a decent rate on a game,

24 hours in a single day

60 minutes in an hour,

only 12 an hour

yeah,the math is confusing but there..over all im saying basically 288 a day if they stay awake the whole 24 hours,which mostly people stay awake 16 hours a day so: 192 games a day. but really big spammers if they do..if you need me to dumb it down i will.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

And it is a reasonable suggestions, might work somewhat like the comment wait limit. But, if they can't get points in one way, they will just get it in another. So I don't know if it would really help with spam in the big picture.

ya know, this darn spam war is starting to remind me of the real world trading war from runescape. LOL, darn spam wars.
Showing 46-60 of 119