ForumsSupport ForumOne Comment Per Game.

131 20036
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've recently seen that it worked pretty well, so I might as well suggest it.

How about we were only allowed one review/comment on each game? I've seen people who have repeatedly commented on one game over and over again to gain the AP.

This would also work very well with an edit option just in case the person makes a mistake.

• 131 Replies
raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

ban the spammers!

caxton8
caxton8
21 posts
Nomad

the feedback would be empty

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

There is no need for an edit option. I don't particularly understand the need to edit to fix a few mistakes. Leaving them there is not going to make you dumber (regardless of all the mostly baseless ad hominem attacks on the internet that say "Learn to spell.&quot Type it up in an external editor and then just paste the comment into the box. If you left something out, then that part of the game probably wasn't all that memorable. In essence, practice proofreading your work before submitting it.

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

well i approve your idea
people would do better comments since they can only do one every time
i approve this topic 10/10

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

editing old comments is good.

but people. it will be a disadvantage to newcomers if they can only comment one a game. too bad for them if this is implemented. to those who are already in a higher rank like lord or king. they dont have anymore problem gaining points. but for those who are just in serf or squire or a knight like me. we get most of our points by commenting on games. sure there would be spammers i give you that. but i am just worried on where to get high points when this is implemented. if it is imple.. i would post thousands of comments in community threads that would surely be flooded by others. i could not submit any game because i am just a simple gamer. and i don't freakin even had one merit. and rating is also done once. so don't make commenting just once a game. it will be really stupid.

and like caxton said feedbacks will be empty

Thebignig
Thebignig
2 posts
Nomad

yeah this is cool

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

the idea is ok...

most people only post once per game as of now anyways, but what if theres something really cool that you need to say about the game or something? and besides, if people comment on a game repeatedly, cant you just report them?

sanny
sanny
124 posts
Nomad

its not ok to give one coment per game its better to give more

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

What about FR2?
I always go on that and play peoples maps instead of going to the forums.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

there could be no need for an edit button

OK so lets say theoretically that someone has a slow running computer,and have typed in 2 words that say "this is" and then by accident press submit.Even though this would probably be rare,it could easily still happen.The reason for the edit feature is to fix this exact problem.

why not just put a comment not less than 3 word.s if it just cool or awesome then it will not be posted.

This has been discussed before and many believe that they would start making up stuff that is worse,like if it had a 3 word limit they could go "Good good good" for the points and this would not resolve the issue.

Also, the game creator can submit as many comments as they want (Although I never see game creators actually submit comments on their games).

The comments are supposed to be directed to the creator of the game,as suggestions.This would be kind of....pointless to tell you the truth.They have no need to comment themselves.

What if for free rider you want to comment a cool track you just made.

Thats what the free rider 2 forum thread is for.They shouldn't be posting those map codes on the comments anyways.I actually find those to be kind of spamful,when they are put on comment box.Although the idea of posting a link to the forum threads,like what they do with walkthroughs would be a good idea for those who don't know about them.

NO Because what if someone wants to come back to a game and make a merit worthy comment for it. Who cares about the spammers, just ban them

I think I already responded to this one.The solution would be to go back and edit your old one if they added an edit option,and you should only have one comment per game anyways.Also since when has the reason for making comments ever been to only get merits.The reason for merit worthy comments is to help the developers and that is why they get rewarded for it.Because they are helping developers make better games for the site.

but people. it will be a disadvantage to newcomers if they can only comment one a game. too bad for them if this is implemented. to those who are already in a higher rank like lord or king. they don't have anymore problem gaining points. but for those who are just in serf or squire or a knight like me. we get most of our points by commenting on games. sure there would be spammers i give you that. but i am just worried on where to get high points when this is implemented. if it is simple.. i would post thousands of comments in community threads that would surely be flooded by others. i could not submit any game because i am just a simple gamer. and i don't freaking even had one merit. and rating is also done once. so don't make commenting just once a game. it will be really stupid.

They can't do anything about the old spam,but just b/c people in the past did it,doesn't mean you should to.This would prevent newcomers from making that mistake(or giving them that option).The thing is you pretty much just said you approve of them spamming for AP,and I don't get the logic of that.Also the forums can be controlled,much easier and are more patrolled by the mods and other users.Also the 30 second rules actually works on their.Even after you refresh your page,unlike the game comments which the timer will go away immediately after you refresh your page alot of the time.

So anyone else have anything they think would be a con of this idea?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This last one I would imagine would be the only one that would probably be controversial.It is to have your comment show up at the top of the comments when it is edited.The problem is people could bump their comments,trying possibly to get merits,but otherwise editing an old comment to tell about things like glitches would be useless.They could add a new forum for Flash game support though,like to report glitches within the games,if they find them after they post an old comment on a game though.Either way it would be complicated to do,and possibly unnecessary.

There is a date under the name of the commenter for every comment. Therefore, it should show the original post date and the edit post date.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

OK so lets say theoretically that someone has a slow running computer,and have typed in 2 words that say "this is" and then by accident press submit.Even though this would probably be rare,it could easily still happen.The reason for the edit feature is to fix this exact problem.

And just in case a user finds something new undiscovered and wants to tell everyone. It happens a lot. The edit option would also be very useful in other situations.

its not ok to give one coment per game its better to give more

Tell me exactly why.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

But what if you want to point a secret glitch or another amazing thing?

Make a thread in the community.

We don't want to clog up the game with tons of comments. To many also makes it harder on the mods to find the merits.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So do you agree with my idea, Ricador?

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

anyways. just like i said earlier. how about putting a time limit in every game. like i posted in a game and cannot post on the same game should we say 24 hours or such. but still i can post on another.

Showing 31-45 of 131