ForumsSupport ForumOne Comment Per Game.

131 20035
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I've recently seen that it worked pretty well, so I might as well suggest it.

How about we were only allowed one review/comment on each game? I've seen people who have repeatedly commented on one game over and over again to gain the AP.

This would also work very well with an edit option just in case the person makes a mistake.

• 131 Replies
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I think it's a very good idea, afterall the spamming can be a little annoying for the mods and admins.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But what if you want to point a secret glitch or another amazing thing?

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Great idea firetail_madness this would reduce the spam in the games and would reduce the things spammers can spam.

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

I think this is great. This would definitely reduce apamming. I'm all for it, seeing as I can't find a downfall to the idea. Good thinking!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But!
The solution is tell a mod,flag or anything else if they jsut say "good game!"
But what if you want to keep giving suggestions?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Sorry for DP

But i have to agree with you(champion) you (mypguy) and you!(Paralysius)
This would reduce spam by a ridiculous amount!
Good thinking!

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Well that is the bad part of one comment per game. What if you messed up and then you could not comment again.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

That's why I said it would work well with an edit option!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Well that is the bad part of one comment per game. What if you messed up and then you could not comment again.

That's why I said it would work well with an edit option!

This idea is great, and it really would reduce a lot of spam. The only problem lies with this:

Imagine playing a popular RPG game many times. You comment the first part about it, like the first chapter or something. The next day you edit your comment and make it even longer. You keep doing this BUT what happens after you're summarizing about chapter 5 or higher. It would take the whole comments area or more, and I have no idea what would happen then. How about if you can comment the same game one a day?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

one a day?

What would be the point of that? I doubt even spammers would go around commenting on games once a day. Even suggestion has it's drawbacks.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

yea thisll be good! especially for a person who thought they did horrible on their review for a game and try to repost a better one for merits

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

@fst6
Special restrictions can go to those games or they can be posted on your about or forum.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

What would be the point of that? I doubt even spammers would go around commenting on games once a day. Even suggestion has it's drawbacks.

are you suggesting Once a week? Honestly, that would really be useless.

Problem is, there will be users who do not know about the FR2 and Punk O matic threads so where do they post their maps?

This could be solved by a link to a forum that supports that kind of stuff. Or take firetails answer:

@fst6
Special restrictions can go to those games or they can be posted on your about or forum.

yea thisll be good! especially for a person who thought they did horrible on their review for a game and try to repost a better one for merits

Yes. It would help for that kind of corrections.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Well, whatever.
If even this does get implemented, the mods would make the final decision.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

how about we just use our flag option??? very good eh? and this wont be a good idea if you just found a major glitch or just want to tell people what you found out without soamming up the forums.

Showing 1-15 of 131