ForumsSupport ForumA new way to track spam!

66 8452
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, so i was looking at a users page (I wont mention names) And noticed they had a high number of comments, and like no forum posts. So I clicked on view all comments and they had about 15 pages of comments, and a large number of comments. Now if they had 1000 games rated ok, but if you add it all up, there is alot of comments that have never been awnsered to.

Now, This IS a suggestin. If you think someone is a spamer, thats a rather good way to check. i will go count the number of comments per page in a moment, but please help in the war on spam by doing this.

• 66 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So if they have a lot more comments in their stats then comments on their profile, their a spammer?

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I don't think I understand...

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, this is just a random little thing hold on.

Games rated: 1006
Comments: 3500
forum post: 25

Ok, I just made those up right now. But if you go to the bootm of the coment box, it gives you an option to go see ALL of the comments sent to them. If they have like 10 pages of comments, they are obivously spaming a ghost account of some sort.

Get it now?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Because even if they had written a comment on every single game and replied to all the comments on their profile, they would still have a lot less comments then they have right now.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't get it. If you have more comments than anything else it's spam?

How can you know if they're commenting ghost accounts? What if we chat or comment games?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

http://armorgames.com/comments/show/109868/user

Ok,click that. Yo usee how it says i have like 50 some pages of comments? If I had like 20, you would know i was spaming somewere, becuse I would get nothing back. see?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I don't understand the system...

If the person has lots of comments they are a spammer? Is that what you're getting at...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't think it's a good idea because i see no point. How is it going to identify it or how is it going to track it?

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, guys. I didnt think it was so hard. did you read all of my posts? I will try this one more time. An juan, it isn't a system for the site, more for the users.

If you have more comments then you get back it's spam. And I dont mean like a small amount, I mean like a large number. I would put out an example of a real person, but I'm not like that.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

It wouldn't necessarily track spam. The only thing this really does is raise suspicions. In no way could we possibly find the account that he/she is commenting on, so it's not very useful.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I believe it goes like this.
User X has
307 games rated
3809 comments
11 forum posts
0 games submitted
0 merits
That could raise the suspicion to check for this.
So you go and look at how many comments have been left at their page...
Maybe there's 1244.
That is freakishly low compared to the games rated + comments given, meaning that a LOT of the comments user X has given have not been replied to.
This could indicate spam, but it doesn't prove anything (unless the comments are made on user X's own profile).

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

@skater, Blood_Angel has about 4,000, so do you just think that just because evreybody who has a lot of comment but with less pages of comments in their profile is a spammer?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

How can you count all those comments?

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I meant, Blood_Angel has about 4,000 comments posted, take a look at his profile

seize_the_element
seize_the_element
757 posts
Shepherd

What about me?
I've rated over 1000 games but I don't even have 2000 comments.

Showing 1-15 of 66