ForumsSupport ForumIdea

79 10411
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

This is an idea from Juan999999 he wnated me to post it for him.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-25.jpg?t=1226774666

Thanks to Firetail_madness for this.

You see where it says this user has disable hi/her comments. What if we could change what it says? Like "Hey guys I'm going to be in the forums. Message me like this &quot.s: ok!" later!"? That way users can know where we are at.

• 79 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Maybe because they don't care about certain people. But for people like Firetail then it could help.

Why do you care so much about how people like your idea? Just because people like it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea, or it will be made.

Who said i am? I'm asking for cons but none have arrived.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Maybe because they don't care about certain people. But for people like Firetail then it could help.

In firetail's case, he can stop all that by posting a message on his about *hinthint*

Who said i am? I'm asking for cons but none have arrived.

To nearly every reply, you have asked "so do you like this idea?"
What's the point of making a suggestions if you ask others to find cons?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

In firetail's case, he can stop all that by posting a message on his about *hinthint*

Only Firetail. Many other could use it.

To nearly every reply, you have asked "so do you like this idea?"
What's the point of making a suggestions if you ask others to find cons?

To see wheter or not they can be solved.

P.S:Not all suggestions are perfect you know. I see you don't like any ideas too.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Why would it only work for Firetail and not for others?

I think they should have answered that in their first post clearly enough, there isn't any need to post after every person.
About this idea now, I think it's okay, it would be nice but it wouldn't be helping anything too much, so for now, it's just unnecessary.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

You have to be kidding me. Nobody is lazy enough not to put put a message on their profile.

I think you can think for yourself what cons come with the package an not need to ask others.

P.S:Not all suggestions are perfect you know. I see you don't like any ideas too.

True, not all suggestions are perfect, but something that seems useless won't be a very good suggestion.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Why would it only work for Firetail and not for others?

Because not many people have blank abouts
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Because not many people have blank abouts

Put it at the top. In bold.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Kevin you know many people have all their abouts bold italic etc.

If it's unnecessary then why did we have the FLAG feature? It only shows where you live. Is that necessary? Then why do we have it? It's useless don't you think?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Haha, okay true. But then just put it at the top, that's where I put something new if I want people to notice it.

And I like the flag feature, I think it increases AG's global awareness. You don't know how many people's profiles I have visited and gone, "Wow! You live in...?".
So I don't think it's useless, it just doesn't stop spam or something like that. It's a different kind of usefulness.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

People don't just read the italics and bold.

If it's unnecessary then why did we have the FLAG feature? It only shows where you live. Is that necessary? Then why do we have it? It's useless don't you think?

I don't know why we have the flag feature.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

And I like the flag feature, I think it increases AG's global awareness. You don't know how many people's profiles I have visited and gone, "Wow! You live in...?".
So I don't think it's useless, it just doesn't stop spam or something like that. It's a different kind of usefulness.

Yes, I saw many as well, India, Portugal, Armenia,Italy, Mexico ect. So exiting to know where people are form and if they live their. I am glad no one makes fun of other flags or that would be a problem :{
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

People don't just read the italics and bold.

That's the point! People wont read it so they wont notice that they're gone or something.

How is global awareness useful? People can you "You live in Canada? Wow you stink". That could also because flaming. So why do we haveit if it's not useful? We don't know.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

That's the point! People wont read it so they wont notice that they're gone or something.

That isn't what he said!! He said that people don't just read the italics and bold, they read the whole thing. I think you misread his post...
How is global awareness useful? People can you "You live in Canada? Wow you stink". That could also because flaming. So why do we haveit if it's not useful? We don't know.

I doubt anyone would be that stupid. And there are already enough reasons for people to flame others without the flag feature, so it won't exactly increase flaming on the site.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wait why do you find this idea useless? If you think about it, it can reduce spam etc. Think about it.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

That's not what I was saying.

I meant, people don't only read the italics and bold.

Ok. Wouldn't it be nice to know where someone lived? You can see what time zone they are in, and you will know how their culture is (stereotypically).
Showing 46-60 of 79