ForumsSupport ForumIdea

79 10409
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

This is an idea from Juan999999 he wnated me to post it for him.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-25.jpg?t=1226774666

Thanks to Firetail_madness for this.

You see where it says this user has disable hi/her comments. What if we could change what it says? Like "Hey guys I'm going to be in the forums. Message me like this &quot.s: ok!" later!"? That way users can know where we are at.

• 79 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Jaja thanks! And yes it could also say "I left for the whole week. I'll be back later" and that way people wont be asking for Firetail or High ranked users every time.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

I like this idea, even though mine are never locked...

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Not a bad idea. I think some sort of ability to explain why you are away would be nice, though you can always go to your about and explain in it that you won't be on for however long.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Not a bad idea. I think some sort of ability to explain why you are away would be nice, though you can always go to your about and explain in it that you won't be on for however long.
Yeah, that was what I did when I locked my comments for a weekend...
But with people who have long Abouts, being able to decide the text on the sign would possibly be an easier solution... And it would certainly be more visible.

I like it.

Now off-topic, why didn't juan wanna post this himself?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

why didn't juan wanna post this himself

Because i made a topic before this one and i don't like to make a lot of topics at once.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, that was what I did when I locked my comments for a weekend...
But with people who have long Abouts, being able to decide the text on the sign would possibly be an easier solution... And it would certainly be more visible.

I guess you could put it at the top of your about in bold, that could help. But I still like this idea, it would be cool to be able to customize the comments closed image.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

If you put it in your about it'll be hard to see. I have all my about bold and i want it like that. But as i can see you guys like it! =)

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

I pretty much like it, would be simple to know we're you're friends have been and knowing what happened. Very nice.

Stinger_Maniac
Stinger_Maniac
322 posts
Nomad

That could help but even when my comments aren't blocked it seems as they are because I never get comments.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

If you put it in your about it'll be hard to see. I have all my about bold and i want it like that. But as i can see you guys like it! =)

Yeah, my about is all bold too, that's why I like this idea.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That could help but even when my comments aren't blocked it seems as they are because I never get comments.

Make friends.

I see everyone likes this but is there a con?
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Con? What's that? Never heard of it but yes, I do love it, it is a great idea,

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Con is a bad point of this idea. Pro is a good point of this idea.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks to Firetail_madness for this.

For the image?

You see where it says this user has disable hi/her comments. What if we could change what it says? Like "Hey guys I'm going to be in the forums. Message me like this &quot.s: ok!" later!"? That way users can know where we are at.

That's probably what I'd write if I could change it. It isn't needed that much as the user can just write it in his about, but I guess it would attract more attention.

And if you write "I'm going to the forums" it could write the section you were last active in.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

For the image?

Yes! You were the first person to come on my mind.

Do you like this idea Firetail?
Showing 1-15 of 79