ForumsSupport ForumIdea

79 10410
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

This is an idea from Juan999999 he wnated me to post it for him.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-25.jpg?t=1226774666

Thanks to Firetail_madness for this.

You see where it says this user has disable hi/her comments. What if we could change what it says? Like "Hey guys I'm going to be in the forums. Message me like this &quot.s: ok!" later!"? That way users can know where we are at.

• 79 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well it would be hard but it would take awhile or we could just ignore it.

What would be hard or what can we ignore? The cuss words?
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Ah, That's why it's a responsible job for a Moderator, And I meant to try to block the words like this

*@* or something close that wouldn't show the exact words.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Who would want those cuss words? They shouldn't be cussing at all.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Oh and if we could prevent any "@" or etc. then cussing would be detected easier right?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The cuss word defense is overused and very weak. Firstly, how often does that happen on anywhere on this site, especially Abouts? Secondly, why such a low opinion of the average user? It sound like: "Oh no! Everyone is evil when left to their own devices!"

It can happen anytime even without "insert new function here" but how often has it happened?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

So you don't agree with this idea?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

No, I don't mind the idea. I don't like the "con". It's not a very strong con. Anyone can put anything innapropriate anywhere at anytime. That's a general con for having functions for communicating. Listing it as a con for this is a little absurd.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

So what you mean is that the con is not really a big deal? Then my idea is terrific!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Whether or not an idea is terrific remains to be seen. There are bad ideas, ideas where the bad outweighs the good, harmless ideas, ideas where the good outweighs the bad, and good ideas. I would classify this as harmless. I don't seeing it doing much good, but I don't see anything wrong with it. However, "harmless" ideas might not be included since harmless ideas usually don't add much more to the site.

Shavara
Shavara
25 posts
Nomad

I smell a good idea, perhaps.. We should invest?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Juan, people have the right to not like your idea.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

that was a bit harsh, don't you think?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Juan, people have the right to not like your idea.

I asked if he liked it. I asked for cons but no one ever said one.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

@Gantic-

Let me use Firetail for example. He has his comments closed and many people are bugging others asking where is he blah blah blah and that could lead to spam. If he could put, "comment closed-Look for me in the forums and ask with a P.S" that could prevent the spam to go away. You see what i mean.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Why do you care so much about how people like your idea? Just because people like it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea, or it will be made.

Well back to the putting the message in your about thing. If your comments are closed, most people look at their profile to see why their comments are closed. I have closed my comments for a few days without putting a message. Nobody has spammed about it, complained about it, talked about it, cared about it, or made a big deal about it. So I see this idea as pretty much useless.

Showing 31-45 of 79