ForumsSupport ForumIdea

79 10412
Sodas
Sodas
313 posts
Nomad

This is an idea from Juan999999 he wnated me to post it for him.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-25.jpg?t=1226774666

Thanks to Firetail_madness for this.

You see where it says this user has disable hi/her comments. What if we could change what it says? Like "Hey guys I'm going to be in the forums. Message me like this &quot.s: ok!" later!"? That way users can know where we are at.

• 79 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ok. Wouldn't it be nice to know where someone lived? You can see what time zone they are in, and you will know how their culture is (stereotypically).

Is it useful?

I meant, people don't only read the italics and bold.

You're right. They don'tread a thing only if they really care which i doubt
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Is it useful?

We both just answered that question.

The first thing I do when I look at a new person who has commented me is read their about to get the feel of what type of person they are. I'm not saying that's what all of AG does, but I do that and I'm sure others do.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Is it useful?

To me, yes.

If they wouldn't care then why are they wondering why their comment's are closed?
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

If they wouldn't care then why are they wondering why their comment's are closed?

Oooh.... good point.
You would at least get a glance at their about, even if you are only scrolling past.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

They don't care about the abouts.

To me, yes.

Are you freaking kidding me! That's why i hate to debate with you man.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well Juan, he and I have both already said why we think it useful... there isn't any need to type it all over again.

Plokkey said :
Ok. Wouldn't it be nice to know where someone lived? You can see what time zone they are in, and you will know how their culture is (stereotypically).
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well Juan, he and I have both already said why we think it useful... there isn't any need to type it all over again.

OK so far we have 2 that don't like this idea but like another thing that i find useless.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

This isn't a game.

They don't care about the abouts.

Then they don't deserve to know why the comments are closed.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That's not a useful feature. I don't see why you think it's useful. You think it's cool nice etc. This in the other hand is.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Everyone liked it except Plokkey and now Kevin too. I don't see why. Maybe you don't try to see how it is useful.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

OK so far we have 2 that don't like this idea but like another thing that i find useless.

I have a feeling this is a poll now.

Everyone liked it except Plokkey and now Kevin too. I don't see why. Maybe you don't try to see how it is useful.

Were showing you how it isn't helpful.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I didn't say I didn't like the idea... I said it was an okay idea, but it really just wasn't needed...
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Were showing you how it isn't helpful.

With reasons that don't make sense. I bet you're not even trying to see why. But you are trying to see on the flag thing.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

With reasons that don't make sense. I bet you're not even trying to see why. But you are trying to see on the flag thing.

Could you please tell me how I said something that didn't make sense?
If I said something stupid I would like to know, rather than continue to be an idiot.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Yes, just like everything else I say apparently.

Speaking of making no sense, what is that supposed to say?
Showing 61-75 of 79