ForumsSupport ForumBring back the search engines.

20 4041
silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

I believe we should bring back the forum search engines to armor games. We need to bring them back to prevent moderators/administrators from constantly locking topics. If we had back or fixed them we could search a topic to see if it already exists and not have to bug the admins ,well most of the time.
,Hopefully this topic doesn't exist

• 20 Replies
Monocycles
Monocycles
316 posts
Nomad

silentcore is right. lots of topics have been locked because the original topic the mods think its based on is so far back on the list noone see's it

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I cannot remember why the took it away.

I see no problems with suggesting this, except the fact it's been suggested before...

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

because it was causing AG major lag i think

Monocycles
Monocycles
316 posts
Nomad

imthebest is probably right because i can't think of any other explanation

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Or maybe it was too glitched up or broad.

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

It gave me no lag when it used to be there ,it was just really glitchy as firetail_madness pointed out.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

You joined after me, and I never saw the forum search engine, so how could you have used it?

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Firetail yes there was! Where it said games it would have another link for community.

Monocycles
Monocycles
316 posts
Nomad

the game search engine isn't good either i typed in line flyer and found bozzil

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh dear mod, not again...

1) This has been suggested multiple times before[...]
2) ArmorGames had such a search function, but the problem with it was, that it found ALL threads that had the words you searched for in them, not just the ones relevant to your search.
3) The solution for now, is to use Google.
You do this by typing in 'armorgames' and the words you wish to search for. You might need to sift through a few pages of google results to check thoroughly, but it is still easier than searching these forums manually.

Link to previous threads; exhibit A; exhibit B; exhibit C.

The problem with it was, that it found ALL threads that had the words you searched for in them, not just the ones relevant to your search.
That problem is still an issue for the game search. I wouldn't expect them to fix it for the forum search before that one...

Learn to use Google plz?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Monocycles, it searches all the tags and names of games that have even a similarity to what you searched, so it's best to search with only one part of the game you wanted to find.

I must have not noticed it then silentcore.

FST6, how was it inconsistent?

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Why can't the armor game staff try or even attempt to fix it. Fixing the search engine would fix a lot of problems.

imthebest
imthebest
1,690 posts
Nomad

lol i know it sucks u type in a game and u find games that have nothing to do with the game u want

silentclore
silentclore
297 posts
Nomad

Why can't they change it to search the title of the posts? That be more of a pain to use Google than just have it nice and compact here on the site.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Guys... Chill.
It was taken out because it was more imprecise than the game search. It won't return before Shpigford or whoever programs this site gets time to attempt to fix it.

Just use Google instead! It really isn't that much trouble....

@silentclore:
Good idea, but... I don't know, you'd need to ask the programmer... If he ever got on and stuff...

Showing 1-15 of 20