ForumsGamesWhat does the tape mean?

83 15227
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Anyone know what the tape was suppose to mean? As of the quote from the interview with Krin. http://casualtygamer.com/2008/08/sonny-2-whats-in-the-tape/
âI DID intend the whole game to be a metaphor, as I said, so there is some kind of âtruthâ in the characters, situations, etc.
I need to encourage you guys to think more in terms of âmeaningâ. Louisâ blindness would also make a whole lot more sense if you think of it as a metaphor as well, and his death as martyrdom."

What kind of image was Krin trying to create for us when he said that Louis's blindness is a metaphor? And how did his death be a martyrdom? Can anyone explain this?
P.S. Krin, since the game is already out, and this is an old interview. It wouldn't hurt if you told us.

• 83 Replies
PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure Utopia is going to turn out to be a place.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Roald said he would take us to Utopia.
But how come the ending place is Dystopia?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Roald said he would take us to Utopia.
But how come the ending place is Dystopia?

Haven't bet it yet *sobs* but I'm sure the end of the series will be the utopia. Also the tap could mean that getting rid of the zombie &quotroblem" involves a power from the sun, or maybe sonny is the light (sun) the the world, for treating zombies as equals.
slatwob
slatwob
87 posts
Nomad

alright heres a few bits of info maybe someone can piece it all together, some of it is just strange things in game.

why doesent felicity explain why that tape is so important even when you let her join your team?

well i just thought that its kinda weird how the song goes "you are my sunshine" and sonny kinda sounds like sunny...

if you look on the map you can see 3 more obvious places where towns will be placed maybe one of them will be utopia...

i also think its kinda strange how veradux has no background story even though he is your main allay in both games...and is it just me but in the first game he dident look like a purple zombie he looked normal, so when did it happen?

ill try and find more weird things and post them

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Maybe actually NONE of them are Utopia, because there is going to be a Sonny 3 and Krin said he was going to add 3 BONUS (Side story, not important to the plot) Areas to Sonny 2. If you look at the map, there are 3 areas left...SO, apparently they are ALL unimportant.

Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Since when did he say there were going to be 3 bonus areas?

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

It was at Krinlabs, I swear, but don't have a link. But if you beat the game, a message does pop up where it says he will add additional zones in future updates (At least that is the plan)

ChefSeansie
ChefSeansie
8 posts
Nomad

the tape , i think , is a key to utopia and the in the song the word sunshine pops up which relates to sonny [sunny] and if you look in the background of the map in sonny 2 there is a city full of light which might be utopia

Shadow867
Shadow867
147 posts
Nomad

I agree that it's odd that there's no background story for Vereduax. He's your major ally, yet you know less about him than the other characters...

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

There is no backgrounds story for ANY of the characters in Sonny, so I don't think Veradux not having a background is odd.

Sonny - can't remember
Veradux - Just appeared in a stolen combat suit
Baron - What exactly is his plan? Leading a cult, fighting the ZPCI, controlling zombie brain eating zombies??? It doesn't add up
Felicity - At least HAS a past and is somehow connected to the mayor
Roald - Has a full past and friends...not fully explained but we know enough. Probably should be a little more developed in Sonny 3 anyway.

slatwob
slatwob
87 posts
Nomad

im also thinking maybe the tape was a decoy or fake or maybe it never existed. maybe louis grabbed it and died for nothing?

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Ooh, that would also fit with my blind martyr theory.

Louis worked to get some information he thought would be the key to Utopia and ended up with the wrong info.

But that actually decreases from the plot and makes it less symbolic overall. In fact, it basically just has Sonny wondering around for nothing.

slatwob
slatwob
87 posts
Nomad

im not sure if louis was ever blind i think it might have been a metaphor of sorts just like your theory as he can see the zombies on the white november, maybe it was a nickname and he dident have time to explain it to sonny?

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Have you guys ever considered that Felicity switched the tape? I know she joins up with you, but couldn't she still have her secrets?

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

If you listen to the conversations they have and click on all the little clickable things on the white November, you realise they make some jokes about Louis being blind and one thing calls Louis a &quotoor disabled person". I'm pretty sure he was literally blind but it was meant as a metaphor overall.

Showing 16-30 of 83