ForumsGamesWhat does the tape mean?

83 15232
Jerryrpg
Jerryrpg
384 posts
Nomad

Anyone know what the tape was suppose to mean? As of the quote from the interview with Krin. http://casualtygamer.com/2008/08/sonny-2-whats-in-the-tape/
âI DID intend the whole game to be a metaphor, as I said, so there is some kind of âtruthâ in the characters, situations, etc.
I need to encourage you guys to think more in terms of âmeaningâ. Louisâ blindness would also make a whole lot more sense if you think of it as a metaphor as well, and his death as martyrdom."

What kind of image was Krin trying to create for us when he said that Louis's blindness is a metaphor? And how did his death be a martyrdom? Can anyone explain this?
P.S. Krin, since the game is already out, and this is an old interview. It wouldn't hurt if you told us.

• 83 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

But Felicity never showed up in Sonny.

slatwob
slatwob
87 posts
Nomad

yea but we still arent sure about this maybe she was taken somewhere elsewhere?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't know.

I still haven't figured it out yet.
What I don't understand is how Sonny and Veradaux started in the Prison. It's not connected to Sonny.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

They came to the prison on accident. It must have been "Hidden" or something.

They had been wondering since landing on the beach trying to find some form of civilization and accidentally stumbled upon ZPCI's secret experimental prison.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

How do you know that?

And why did they fight the mayor? Just to free the people?
And how is that connected to finding answers with the tape?

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

It's more of an assumption, because in Sonny 1 it talks about them trying to find civilization, and I highly doubt they were trying to get into the prison. The only reason they came in was because Felicity took the tape

Actually, the whole game of Sonny 2 was probably Felicity manipulating Sonny in order to get the mayor overthrown.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

In Sonny 1, as you are on the shores of the ghost beach, you see a sign pointing to "Hew". Sonny decides that he might as well go there as anywhere, and the prison was on the road to Hew. That is how `they got to the prison. They also were following Felicities motorcycle tracks to the prison, trying to get the tape back. Other than that, I think that we shouldn't worry about this stuff, we will find out when Krin reveals his "big plans" for Sonny.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah, I'm guessing they were just camping beside where the prison lay. Problem is, how is Felicity linked to the Prison? And how did Felicity know they were there? Her binoculars immediately fell onto the tape. She must recognize it too.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Well, most people assumed that Louis and his organization "revived" Sonny, Vera, and Felicity. I still think that she swapped the tape though, or they played the wrong side(jk). Maybe Felicity escaped from the prison once, or she just wanted to get that corpse, maybe? I dunno, I never did much after the first 2 battles in the Dystopia, I got bored. I should go beat it now. But it takes too long to load for me.

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure she did not swap the tape from what I've read up on.

I HAD assumed it was swapped the first time I read it until the creator mentioned something about it.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Do you think the sunshine part is a clue, or is the map the vital thing?

slatwob
slatwob
87 posts
Nomad

hmm i just went around looking at all the blood splats(lol)
and the comments he makes about them are-

zone1:smells strange,not natural
zone2:seems familiar
zone3:smells of chlorine
zone4: -couldent find any-
zone5:here it is again, were does it lead, im not going down to find out.

hope some1 makes some sence out of this

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

There's got to be footprints in zone 4.

slatwob
slatwob
87 posts
Nomad

yea i thought so too but the only blood i could find was that man's blood and his reflection

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe not finding blood in zone 4 is a clue?

Showing 46-60 of 83