Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Re: Missing games

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 1:52am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

We've received several reports of popular games such as Amorphous+ going missing, which I'm sure must have been most distressing for many of you!

Fear not, I think we've figured out why this has been happening. As you know, more developers have recently been working on optimising the site so that it doesn't 'lag so much' and 'break' (both common and valid complaints we hear about), after which the administration will be able to implement changes to the site much more easily.

A side-effect of this is that certain game files might go missing. As far as I know, they were not intentionally deleted, nor is it a permanent loss, as we should be able to recover them as soon as we figure out precisely what's going on.

In short: your favorite game missing? It's not gone forever: We'll get it back soon!

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 2:06am

miguelin11

miguelin11

1,898 posts

Uhm, here's a question...When?

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 2:15am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Unfortunately we don't have a date for that, but we'll keep everybody posted. Please be patient.

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 6:40am

Matthewest

Matthewest

254 posts

Thanks Strop. I was wondering why some games were missing... Hopefully it will all be for the better in the short term.

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 3:15pm

Zophia

Zophia

8,407 posts

And Amorphous+ has been safely returned, no save files going invalid or anything (thankfully, I'm at 99 awards >_>).
Dunno if there's others missing atm~

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 3:18pm

justgotpwned

justgotpwned

1,184 posts

How did they go missing??

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 3:24pm

Flippin3500

Flippin3500

1,895 posts

How did they go missing??

Read, my boy. He said they are going through the process of trying to make the site less lag-ish. Some game files might be lost, but eventually returned.

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 3:28pm

justgotpwned

justgotpwned

1,184 posts

Oh,sorry thanks for saying that.

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 3:34pm

Flippin3500

Flippin3500

1,895 posts

Oh,sorry thanks for saying that.

It's okay, it was an honest mistake.

Posted Feb 21, '09 at 4:15pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

19,843 posts

What about super old games that have gone missing, like Achilles and many others? Will they ever come back?

Reply to Re: Missing games

You must be logged in to post a reply!