ForumsGamesCall of Duty 4 Custom Weapon Classes

85 20942
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I usually have some trouble finding good class combinations for Call of Duty 4 online, so I made this thread to help anyone with a smilar problem. Feel free to post your own custom classes here! Anyway, here are mine:

*SnIpEr*
Primary: Mp5
Attachment: scilencer
Secondary: Dragonuv/Barett 50 cal.
Attachment: None (I hate the ACOG scope for sniper rifles)
Special Granade: Smoke

Perk 1) Claymores/Bandolier
Perk 2) Overkill
Perk 3) Iron Lungs

*I find that I die alot when moving from place to place as a sniper, due to the fact that the pistol is pretty much useless, and you can't get good shots down with the sniper unless you are aiming down the scope. I personally reccommend the Dragonuv, because you will probably need 2 shots to kill an enemy, and the Dragonuv not only gets the job done, but it has less recoil then the 50 cal. The Mp5 is for use when you go from place to place, and the silencer is so people don't know where you are after you shoot. I like the smoke granade for times when someone discoves you sniping spot. Just pop a snoke granade in the room, and run away before you can get shot. I personally prefer Claymores, so you know when someone is near you. If you hear you claymore go off, you can pull out your Mp5 and shoot whoever tripped it off. Or you could use Bandolier because Mp5 ammo runs out pretty fast. You need overkill to get 2 primary weapons, and Iron Lungs lets you hold your breath longer when sniping.

*Defender*
Primary: WW1200 shotgun
Attachment: Red dot sight
Secondary: Desert Eagle
Attackment: ---
Special Granade: Flash

Perk 1) Frag x3
Perk 2) Sonic Boom
Perk 3) Marterdom

*I find that the WW1200 shotgun is better then the other one not only because it has a larger clip, but it also can pretty much drop an enemy in one shot unless they have Juggernaught. The Desert Eagle is nice In CQC, but however; it has a horrible kickback, so only use when neeeded. It's still a nice substitute for the shotgun when you have to reload. The Frag x3 gives you 3 frag granades, and sonic boom makes your granades more powerfull. Find a room with people in it, toss in a stun to blind them, and finish em' off with a frag. I usually use this class for maps such as Vacant, Shipment, and WetWork. Marterdom is nice for CQC maps, because it drops a live granade when you are killed.

*Rifleman*
Primary: G36C
Attachment: Red dot
Secondary: 1911 .45
Attackment: None
Special Granade: Stun

Perk 1) Bandolier
Perk 2) Stopping power
Perk 3) Steady Aim

*This class is good for pretty much any map. The G36C has great range, power, fire rate, and accuracy. You might run out of ammo, so Bandolier is nice because It gives you 180 rounds instead of 60. Stopping power makes this weapon even more of a beast, and Steady Aim is good for those face-to-face incounters where you don't have time to aim properly. Also on a note for Assult Rifles, most people get automatic guns, and spray with them. I find that they are much more useful when you let of short bursts of 3-5 rounds instead of going full-auto.

*Taliban*
Primary: AK-47
Attachment: Scilencer
Secondary: Desert Eagle
Attachment: ----
Special Granade: Flash

Perk 1) Bandolier
Perk 2) Duble Tap
Perk 3) Marterdom/Last Stand

*The AK-47 is a great gn because not only is it powerfull, but it's got good range. The downsides are low fire rate and high recoil. DubleTap not only takes care of the fire rate problem, but it make the AK-47 even more beastly. The scliencer reduces recoil, and keeps you off the enemy's radar. Also, the Red dot is off for the AK-47, and the ACOG isn't too great with the recoil issue. As always Marterdom is nice, becuase it drops a live granade, but Last Stand is also good, becuase it lets you take out your pistol for a short while before dieing. Thats where the Desert Eagle comes in handy.

*Sniper #2*
Primary: Barett 50 cal.
Attachment: none (still hate the ACOG)
Secondary: USP
Attchment: Scilencer
Special Granade: Smoke

Perk 1) Claymores
Perk 2) Stopping Power
Perk 3) Iron Lungs

*First off the 50 cal. is a compleate beast. Combined with Stopping power, you are almost 100% garunteed to get a one-shot kill. Claymores are good to stop people from sneaking up behind you, and Iron Lungs lets you hold your breath longer, makeing for a more accraute shot. With this class, you compleatly dominate.

*Machine Gunner*
Primary: RPD
Attachment: Grip
Secondary: Baretta 92 fs (the first pistol)
Attachment: None
Special Granade: Stun

Perk 1) Grip attachment fills slot
Perk 2) Stopping power/Duble Tap
Perk 3) Deep Penetration

*The RPD has great iron sights, but a little too much kickback. After 50 kills with the RPD, you get the grip, witch fills up Perk 1's slot, but makes the RPD alot more accraute. With the Grip, you also get great range, witch lets you take out snipers or other distant enemies before they get you. With stopping power, you can drop people fast, and with deep penatration, you can shoot through walls with ease. Duble Tap is an Ok alteritive for Stopping power, for the RPD doesn't have a great rate of fire. However, it makes it hard to loose those face-to-face battles with duble tap on, unless someone gets the jump on you.

~Well, those are my classes that I use. Hope they helped!~

• 85 Replies
RUiiN3D
RUiiN3D
117 posts
Nomad

Well think about it.
You shoot an RPD through a wall and hit someone.
You shoot an RPD with Deep Impact through a wall and hit someone.

It may not seem like it will add damage but it does add damage through wall penetration.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

It may not seem like it will add damage but it does add damage through wall penetration.

No it doesn't! I thought it did too, but all it does is let the bullet penetrate further. I was on one of the official Call of Duty websites, and they explained the perks there. They clearly stated that Deep Impact only allows the bullet to penetrate further.
Searlas
Searlas
6 posts
Nomad

Nice and i love this game

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Nice and i love this game

Me too. I think its one of the best, if not the best game ever made.
RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

lol something that is hilarious about 4 compared to 5, shotguns in 4 kick ass, 5 shotguns can do damage if the enemy is say 10, 15 feet away from you!

Irockths
Irockths
229 posts
Peasant

Ok some one was talking about hit detection, and I have a montage on my youtube channel that has the best example of that.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IR0ckThs (HQ isn't appearing when I watch the video unless on my profile, but it's the first video in my player.)

I was aiming for the guy in back and got the kill on the guy in front at 2:38. Then a couple seconds later I somehow got a collat. Not only that, but the second collat was from the same game. Gotta love hit detection. That second guy must have been pissed, cause he was behind a metal wall.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I'll go check out that montoge. They are usually fun to watch.

Nizzeh
Nizzeh
1 posts
Nomad

Ok, the SAS (Special Air Service) Use a variety of different weapons. Their Counter Terrorism unit use the MP5 as their main weapon and as someone mentioned their pistol is the Sig Sauer P226 is used for he counter terrorism. Mainly out on the battlefield if they were on a mission to find out intel their usual main weapon could be the M16. I hav a list of some weapons they use.

C8 carbine - The Regiment's primary assault carbine

M16 & variants - 5.56mm rifle / carbine

HK G3 - 7.62mm battle rifle used by UKSF

HK33 / 53 - 5.56mm version of the G3

HK G36 - Modern assault rifle made by Heckler & Koch

HK MP5 - World famous counter-terrorist weapons - the MP5 sub machine gun

MAC-11 SMG - 'Spray and pray' compact sub machine gun
Handguns -Info on the Sig Sauer P226, Browning High Power and other pistols.

Welrod - World War-era 2 silenced pistol

Remington 870 - Often filled with breaching rounds to break down doors.

HK417 - Medium Range Sniper Rifle

L96A1 - The Regiments Long Range Sniper Rifle

AW 50 - .50 cal anti-material rifle

Arwen 37 - Tear gas canister launcher used for counter-terrorism ops

Flash-Bang - developed by the sas

M72 LAW - Compact anti-tank launcher

Claymore - You know what hese are

M203 - 40mm grenade launcher fitted to SAS rifles

UGL - A modern grenade launcher system

MK19 - 40mm grenade launcher fitted to SAS vehicles used in the 1991 Gulf War

Stinger - Shoulder-fired Surface-To_Air missile (SAM)

Yeah there you go Also the Stinger was seen in one of the CoD4 single player missions after you find Al-Asad I think?

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Yeah there you go Also the Stinger was seen in one of the CoD4 single player missions after you find Al-Asad I think?

Yup. You had to take out a chopper with it.
I remember the chopper always dropped flares, so you would miss the first shot, but it would always get hit on the second shout.
LethalScout
LethalScout
39 posts
Nomad

Have no Idea how I did it but I went 30 and 4 on creek with this class

Primary: M-14 w/ red dot (sooooooooo sad it's not in MW2)
secondary: Desert Eagle (it not called a hand cannon for nothing)
special grenade: stun (super useful)
perk1: 3 frag (see above ^)
perk2: stopping power (makes the M-14 have 2-shot kills)
perk3: deep impact (actually was in a cave so it was not useful

I was able to get a 25 kill streak ( I got the challenge!) because one of the enemies also had an M-14 so i was able to get more ammo for it so I just hid in the cave and the slaughter commenced.

Showing 76-85 of 85