ForumsForum GamesA new kind of RPG

50 8472
Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

I am new to the forums here, but have played many forum games anf RPG's on other forums.

I was sad to see that your style of RPG was based on stats and played like a turn based game such as adventure quest.

In other RPG threads I played a much different way that involved a lot of creativity and problem solving.

I would now like to try and start one of these RPG's here.

This is how it works:

You first need to make a character.

Before playing you need to post a description of him/her following this format:

Name: (no names from books or movies unless you did not intend to copy)

Race: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome, Orc etc...

Weight/height: No giants yet, Should be proportionate to what you person does.

Profession: Blacksmith, healer, soldier, mage, carpenter, farmer, etc...
(can have more then one as long as it makes sense)

Background: Backstory, where did they grow up, who were their parents etc...

Discipline: What do they know, what fighting styles do they have, wjo taught them

Affiliation: Good or evil, A bit of both, neutral

Favorite weapon: Must fit the era we are in, you may pick up other weapon as the game proceeds.

Random: any other information not covered by the other categories.

• 50 Replies
Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

General rules:
No super powers
No god characters
No invincibility
No controlling other characters
No solving problems in one post

Setting:

Set in a parallel universe of the earth where Humans , elves, dwarves, and orcs live.
The whole technology is steampunk.

Plot:

The country of Normandia has overthrown their king and murdered their aristocracy. Their leader Leon, is intent on taking the whole world over for Normandia.
In Normandia, the humans and elves were overthrown by the oppressed dwarves and orcs. Ironically Leon was a human, intent on taking the wold for himself.

Anglia, is the main opposition for Leon. It has the largest air fleet in the world and will not allow normandia to be the worlds captor.

There are several other countries, feel free to name the yourselves.

Now create your characters and the story will begin.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Yay! Finally someone who share smy sentiments about RPGs!
---

Name: Urg-Thlok Nor
Race: Horned Troll of the Gurlan Mountains
Age 32
Weight: 356 kilograms
Height: 4.12 meters
Profession: As a troll I have always been a brutal killer roaming the lands for food
Background: Trolls are largely antisocial creatures. Few trolls know their fathers as they leave their mothers before they give birth. The mother only keeps the young troll for a year or so before leaving them to fend for their own. Trolls rarely meet and when they do the meeting often becomes hostile, fighting over females or land
My story follows much the same as other trolls. I learned basic combat skills from my mother, and improved them as I grew. The one exception to the above anti-sociality is the annual Gar festival in the southern foothills. This is where I am at now. Here there is much drinking of strong brew taken from the humans in dwarfs in raids, feasting on great boars, and many contests of strength. Last year I won the rock hurling contest for both accuracy and distance. As a reward I received a two meter bow. This year I was just enjoying the wild feasting and drinking.
Favorite weapon: I carry around a thick club like most other trolls but I also carry several large throwing rocks and of course my bow.
Discipline: Most of my fighting skills are self taught. I use a mixture of brute strength, surprise, and creative attacks to win my battles.
Affiliation: Complex. See below.
Story so far: The stars twinkled at me from above, mocking my inability to sleep. "Curse them!" I thought as I rolled over in the soft ground. Yet, I remained uneasy and restless. I smelled something wrong, but I couldn't quite place it, maybe it was just the faint scent blowing westward from the heath lands. I curled up again and closed my eyes, resting my head on the dry earth. My ear detected an unusual sound. It was distant thumping. Rhythmic, it felt unnatural. Some more late night revelry? A dance under a distant tent? No, it couldn't be, there would be no troll who wouldn't want to see the wrestling matches early next morning. It was the great event of the festival. I groggily pushed myself up to seek the source of the sound. After ambling towards the East for a few minutes, where the noise had reverberated from, placed my head back down on the hard dirt. I heard the echoing sound again, still from the East, but much louder. And then, it stopped. My eyes opened wide as the source of the sound hit me. I leaped up and started to sprint back to my tent, shouting "Wake up! Prepare to fight!"
I barreled through the flap of my tent and heaved on my quiver and bow along with my ox-hide rock sling. Finally grabbing my oaken club. I burst from my tent and realize the fight has already drawn near. The invaders killed many of my brethren in the dark, but my warning has already summoned a resistance to them...

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Name: Ingmar Grasswoe

Race: Lawn Gnome

Weight/height: 5 pounds, 2.5 feet

Profession: lawn sentry

Background: I am factory model number 21245A. I'm a standard-issue lawn gnome, no more, no less.

Discipline: Gnomegrass Spiritualism

Affiliation: with clan

Favorite weapon: Psychic Power

Random: Unbeknownst to humans, lawn gnomes are actually sentient creatures. They have psychic abilities, and can cast infinitely. (Note: Little known to the modern age, the lawn gnomes that grace the front yards of suburbia today are based off of Ingmar Grasswoe's race. The "factory models" indicate the clan and time in Gnommish that each gnome was born in.)

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

cool ill join
---------
Name: Dherok Gantaur
Race: Orc
Weight/Height: 170 LBs / 5'7"

Profession: Apprentice Blacksmithing, Warrior-in-Training

Background: Orcs are somewhat brutes, relying on strength more than anything else to stay alive. They are known to fight over simple matters often, such as food, and what color a boar is. Dherok is just your typical orc, but he has always secretly liked magic.

Discipline: Brutal combat styles (hewing people in two, ect... lol),

Affiliation: Neutral

Favorite Weapon: 2 Handed Axe

Random: Secretly wants to wield magic power, but this is awkward of orcs, so he hides it. He lives with a few of his fellow orcish hunters who he befriended during childhood. He lives in a camp in the foothills of what seems to be partially forest, but on the border of a great plain. There is an orcish town a few miles away, where he works as an apprentice as a blacksmith.

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

I am glad so many people are interested in this. Ill start the story when a few more people join.

Heres my character:

Name: Arcturus Decimus

Race: Human, though there are rumors he is part elf

Weight/Height: 175 lbs/6'2"

Profession: Lord of the Anglian moorland, Admiral of the skyfleet of the red, Sky captain, Has a little magic

Background: Arcturus gained his title at birth, having inherited it from is parents. He was sent to join the Air-navy at the age of 8 as a skyshipman. He quickly earned discintion through several great battles. He eventually rose to the rank of admiral but he has many enemy's in the sky-navy who envy his sucess.

Otherwise the admiral is known as a good person who is unbiased regarding matters of race or religion. He will frequently take crew members from other races on board his ship because he recognises their talent.

Discipline: Trained in the royal naval academy, Arcturus is a great tactician, and thinks creatively. He is also quite a good swordsman and a good shot with a musket (you can have muskets). HE also took some training on the art of the mage knight. In which a man charges his sword with magic while fighting.

Favorite weapon: an old hand and a half sword that was passed down through his family. It is said to contain a spell.

Random: He detests the reign of Emperor Leon in Normandia, and fights with the navy to destroy the Normandian army.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

cool, so your gonna play along with us?

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

Yes, Why not?

In all eh other RPGs I have created (on other forums) I have participated.

Don't worry, I won't break any of my own rules.

Any suggestions while we are waiting for other players on stuff we can add to the game would be welcome.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

idk.... you should upload a picture of a map of the world or something. Also, do you want to be in control of most factors or what? some RPGs, the owner likes to control most factors (Prices, areas, scenes, ect).

Also, this seems like it could be a lot of fun

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

Lets just say that this is not like runescape, or adventure quest where you have inventory's, skill levels, etc.

The point of this RPG is to allow players to have a more real RPG experience.

It works like this, Someone will reply to the starting post. Their character could be interacting with the other player or merely going on his own business. Players must interact with each other to some degree.

You are allowed to make up Other characters that are controlled by everyone. For example, all the players could be on the same team and the enemy is player controlled.

Players can have dialogue with non players and players alike. In a persons post for example they can have a conversation with another real player for example:

Player one asked player 2 if it was a good idea to kill the giant.

"Yes it is" said P2

"OK" said P1

"Ill distract it while you attack from behind"

Then you end you post with something like: continue...

Any other questions?

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

cool this is gonna be a good game

so how many people do we need before we start?

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

At least three more.

SO if there's anyone else on the forums here who wants, encourage them to join.

Tengakami
Tengakami
172 posts
Nomad

ill kinda put myself

Name: Tudor

Race: Human

Weight/height: 1,85 m / 65 kg

Profession: student/shinigami

Background: Grown up in the backward European country of Romania, i was a normal student than did only three things: sleep, read and eat (didn't put doing homework cause i don't do it). But one year ago, a ghost attacked me. A shinigami came to save me, but he was killed. Taking his sword, i destroyed the hollow in one hit. From that time, me and my zampakuto, Ankengamaru, are good friends.

Discipline: I have great control over my sword. It has 2 shikai levels. At level 1, activated by the command "Wake, Ankengamaru" it is a normal long katana with a kind of band in the middle. In this form, it is very sharp and can execute the command "Drink, Ankengamaru", that opens the enemy's wounds from distance and makes his blood go into the sword. This consumes your energy. But i can also drain my own blood, and this tough it hurts consumes no energy. When the band is fulfilled, you can use level 2. At level 2, activated by the command "Illuminate, Ankengamaru", it turns into a highly curved silver bow with a hole for arrows. It has a band on the downside, filled. If I apply pressure on the string, it automatically forms a red arrow that explodes on contact. I can use 10 arrows like this, unless i use the command "Crimson shot, Ankengamaru", that forms a huge blue arrow that has a speed of 2500 mph and when it hits it generates a HUGE explosion, but empty's your bar. When the bow's band is emptied, it turns back into a katana. Ankengamaru also has a bankai level, but did not learn it yet.

Affiliation: as neutral as possible!

Favorite weapon: My zampakuto, Ankengamaru, nothing else, EVER!

Random: i like pie

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

lol watch Bleach? I used too, until it started becoming re-runs...

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

Nice character.

Ill start now, People can still join during the game but they still have to submit their character.

Admiral Arcturus Decimus walked off his flagship onto the wooden wharf, He looked down the mountain and saw the city below. The city had two parts, the skyport where he was now, and the lower town where the normal ships docked. He could see normandia across the channel, he could see airships patrolling both sides of the coast watching for any sign of invasion.

He turned and started to walk across the street to the admirals club, He would need the rest. He was just at the door when a small figure bumped into him...

Now you can continue with your character.

Annihalation
Annihalation
479 posts
Nomad

Dherok sighed.

He had been working as a blacksmith's apprentice for 3 years now, and he finally was just promoted. He now worked as a public blacksmith, repairing the armor and weapons of the local guards of the nearby town. It wasn't a great lifestyle, but it payed for the food. On his spare time, he tried experiments on his own weapon, the large Battle Axe he received from his father (cliched). One upgrade in particular worked quite well. It was an extremely sharp, partially jagged, and replaceable steel alloy that could be attached to the edges of the weapon.

The orcs who lied around the area used primitive weaponry as a custom. Muskets and skyships were new to their particular area, and even the best orc marksmen were quite clumsy with them, as orcs basically rely on great strength to defeat their foes. Dherok saw the muskets as a new test. Perhaps one day he would have a chance to use one...

Dherok had made a big decision. He was going to set off, and live in a new area. But he had no idea where he wanted to go, for he had lived in this area for all his life.

He decided he would back up his tent, and head south. His best friend and brother, Gherok (yes the names are similar because the second half of the name is from their father, Zahnerok), was going to travel with him...

Showing 1-15 of 50