ForumsWEPRThe War in Iraq

83 16857
Cheeseball
Cheeseball
30 posts
Nomad

Why do you think we are fighting in Iraq for Oil or Peace? and do you think we should have gone to Iraq in the first place?

• 83 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

If you check out this CNN opinion poll, I think you will find that the majority of Americans oppose the war in Iraq: http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm To be honest, and I think most people would agree with this, the only reason anyone agreed to go in the first place is because everyone though that Iraq was related to 9/11. But it wasn't. Woops!

FoxHawx
FoxHawx
64 posts
Nomad

Personally I think that we shouldn't have gone over there in the first place.

However, now that we have...we are trying to set up a police force.

Which is a good idea in theory.

Except when most of the men wishing to join to help their country face bomb threats to their family if they even show interest.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, FoxHawx, I know what you mean... it has just overall turned into a pretty sad situation. I wish we could have been more responsible in our decision to go over there in the first place. But the consoling factor at this point, is that most presidential candidates running right now say that they want to reduce, or fully take our troops out of Iraq.

strategyaddict13
strategyaddict13
8 posts
Nomad

we have got to get out of Iraq soon and spend the money on paying our HUGE debts!

rob132
rob132
78 posts
Nomad

not to mension the lives not just money and i'm scared for my brother who is serving in iraq until april 13 .

Navnlose
Navnlose
109 posts
Nomad

i greatly oppose the war in iraq, it has caused us nothing but more trouble, but mabye, just mabye it's as they say, "it gets better before it gets worse"

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I supported the war in the beginning, then over time realized how horrible of an idea it was.

Now, I'm completely against it. Still, we have to be careful about getting out. We need a timetable, yes, but we still must be cautious to fend off carelessness and get ourselves in an even bigger mess.

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i think we should get the heck out of there and focus on Iran before they nuke us

zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

you better watch your mouth talkin to the current world power
we could take out serbia in three seconds because of our fantastic military
and because the military ties in with the government who has a great government now

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

Bush is a puppet for his oil buddies and dad. iraq was no threat to us when we invaded. it secured no-bid contracts for haliburton(cheney) and opened up the iraqi oil fields to international rape. the iraqi people are not getting paid for their oil!
attacking iraq took our attention away from osama
...who is (supposedly )the real enemy.

don't mistake america for her pirated(2000 election) govt serb
we help people more than any other country.
if it wasn't for the US, the UN wouldn't exist...we fund the majority of it...and brunt the most hatred for it...doesn't make sense does it?

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

Bush is a lunatic redneck with major bloodlust who just wants oil. Even if it means tons of innocent lives in the process. You know what's worse? You put him in office TWICE. Nice job guys. And no, not only people from the middle east hate you, i'm from south america and yes, we hate you too here . Stupid people see a middle eastern person and say he/she's a terrorist, when they don't know a THIRD of the world population is middle eastern. That type of stupid prejudice is what I think makes George W. Bush and every single person who voted for him a terrorist.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

where did you get your stat on a 1/3 of the poulation being middle eastern zihark? made it up didn't you?

Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

were not fighting in Iraq for oil or for peace. We're over there because Bush wanted to be known as the best president so badly, that the first sign of something famous potential he took, not caring about people dieing. So he had spys go in and research, only to come out saying that Asama was there and that he was in possession of nuclear weapons. Well since he was eager to prove himself to daddy and to be the best president EVAR, he invaded Iraq with out a second thought, saying that this was the right thing to do, only to find that Asama wasn't there, and that there wasn't any nuclear weapons. After that he started saying that we were there to fight for they're freedom. Then prabably strangled some puppys off in Nevada.

TMNTWIGY
TMNTWIGY
79 posts
Nomad

I dont think we should of even
gone to war there stupied bush sent us there

GrandeShanaynay
GrandeShanaynay
23 posts
Nomad

Going over there in the first place may have not been the best idea. But the truth is, if we leave now, the war won't end. All the extremists and terrorists will just bring the war to America. I admit Bush ins't the greatest president ever but at least he following through with his decision.

Showing 1-15 of 83