ForumsWEPR[necro] christianity in schools

259 53967
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok topic is christianity in schools, im stuck in the middle of the bible belt so ever where you turn theres another church, thing is i go to school and its even there (im in 8th grade) and theres teachers teaching it. I personaly am an athiest (or however you spell it) and get upset about the teachers doing this, i have one teacher (language) thatll be talking about a book or something an say for examlpe: "ya we all know thats wrong to do that, it says so in the bible", and i try to get up and say " hey im not a christian or anything so can you please not mention that", and EVERYBODY gets mad, and i get sent to the office and have to talk to the counseler. What i really hate about it is that everybody says there a chirstian, even the hardcore "gangster" kids.what do you guys think about it?

Also im forced to go to church, i actuly just got back from church about an hour ago, do you guys think this is right that my parents force me to go?

• 259 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

seriously, were just here, thats all

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

You only think that, you dont know it.

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

Like i said end it

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
484 posts
Nomad

When you die - you rot in the ground and get fucked by maggots. End of story.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Oh and daswiftarrow, i don't think it is right for your parents to force you to go to church, or for people to force beliefs down your throat, people should turn to religion on their own free will, maybe just try talking to your parents nice and calm like, stating your beliefs, why you don't think you should go to church, and why you believe what you believe...you go to a pretty screwed up school, 8th grade wasn't like that for me =P

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

well thanks you agree steevo

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

i think that religion should not be mentioned at all or very little in public schools, talking about religion should be saved for a catholic school which is what i go to.

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

I go to a Christian school also

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

i agree steevo, they should make more specific schools for all mainstream religions

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

rofl, theyd probably practice that too (no offence to muslims)

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

that is a good thought daswiftarrow, i think that would create less arguments in what should be said in school

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ya, it would really, and it may help dodge a war or 2

Mr_Hobo_2100
Mr_Hobo_2100
153 posts
Nomad

Most people could not affrd to send kids to private schools

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

OH! i forgot to reply to when you said you weren't shooting down what people think. Well when i was reading what you guys were posting on the first 2 pages or so, it looked like you and wizard (mostly wizard) were just sitting there ragging on a religion that people believe in

daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

true, maybe reduce prices, and do more fundraisers?

Showing 46-60 of 259