ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491517
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

ugh like 4 days and still no posts

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

can we got a week without posts?

peepee21
peepee21
4 posts
Nomad

its hard but addicting and fun

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Holy crap you guys are still (sort of) at it? =p

I tried to start a new game the other day and realized I was looking at like 80 hours of... well, GC0... and closed the window.

I still love it but I don't love the time sink. =/

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

well if they further reduced the vfx particles and made craftable grade 7-12 it would go from 200 huors on a good game to maybe 15, i mean making a grade 20 anger gem would become 32x faster + the lag so maybe 100x faster

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Yes I very much would like the ability to make huuuuge gems.

Also a way to directly pump mana into a gem's stats rather than pumping mana into creating thousands of gems to then pump into a master gem's stats.

I emailed the coder last year and he had some really promising things to say about his ideas for the next installment, which I'm guessing should be ready as early as late spring/early summer this year. (I hope!)

Irockths
Irockths
229 posts
Peasant

ok, first, good news on the new game.

Second: The level after the fourth arcane guardian battle. Any tips? I can't pass it...

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

@irockths

hm...
I can't remember anything particularly challenging about that map.
My primary strategy is (and has been for some time) to make a grade 4 gem with the mastery R and O gems, and supergem it with grade 1 O's. I don't think there is any normal map that cannot be beaten with this as the main method, whether or not you anger.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Another general tip that is probably lurking in 10 different spots in the preceeding 220+ pages of posts:

Maps you beat a while ago will give you a lot more score now that you're a higher level and can rip through the creeps fasters. If you're stonewalled at a map on a 'fresh run' (or first time playing), consider going back and beating some of the earlier scores for even more XP, and definitely do whatever 3x score special modes you have access to. You'll unlock even more XP to buy more skills to make the 'hard map' easy too.

That said, don't be afraid to tailor your skills to the map you're playing.

LazyOne
LazyOne
166 posts
Nomad

I'm telling you, all of these people showing off with their save codes
1: you probably got it from some noob yourself, someone who would really have leveled it all he way up wouldn't give their code to strangers
2: they're like all the same ones: the ones that have the highes score gained on the last level like 45,<something> k
3: you're ruining the fun and the challenge...

Zyrius
Zyrius
56 posts
Jester

I really like this game, my favourite Gem is chainhit

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

@LazyOne
About half*, in my estimation, are posted by noobs who got it from a real player, with maybe a few being passed around. The rest are posted by mid-level players simply showing off, or by high level players for communication purposes, because it's quicker to copy/post a save code than to describe exactly which score you got on which mode/map.

45k on the last map? That's a low score here. you sure you didn't mean 45 million/billion?
now, 45k WIZARD level...

*ok, so that could be anywhere from 30 to 80 percent, depending on where you're sempling from. It's probably higher on the comments.

@zyrius
If you like chainhit (lime) now, just wait till you spend in red mastery to unlock the power of the R/X traps .

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

ive been watching, nothing happening. still waiting for munch to post

this summer/spring i could do some "big games"

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

oh hi everyone, long time, no see... Is there a GC2 in a visible perspective?

You know, I've been thinking about any challenge in GC0, if any are left, and came up with an idea of "true hardcore" challenge. You play "normal only" games, AND any level of GC0 must be WON at most one time. This means you have a limited set of tries against 2nd arcane, and the highest difficulty will be to actually achieve wizlevel 30 to get past. As the most strict part ends with level 36, you don't need to reach 3rd arcane under these restrictions to prove you CAN win, and my last battle of those 2nd arcane (under "normal only" restriction) earned me 7 levels, I believe anyone of you can get higher. I expect this little challenge will give you pro-GCers some kind of a new fun and an edge to try.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

im waiting for an update or gc2 still, but my goal is to just keep building bigger gems

Showing 2056-2070 of 2103