ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491522
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
JasonBlack
JasonBlack
1 posts
Nomad

Check out http://www.jasonblack.com/links/gemcraft0.html - I've started compiling some game mechanics info and I'm posting it here. Only two tables right now, but more to come....

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I am un-stickying this thread since there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to keep it up. There's only been four posts this year.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Gemcraft 0 has gotten old in time, I guess.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

ah how i wish you would re-sticky it.
-.- i have so much to talk about and no pics to back it up(old comp crapped on me and got a virus, so bye bye pics stored in MS paint)

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Aye, tell me some stories hippyman:-) I'm up to 245 waves for lvl 50 beyond corruption. Five more waves and I start a game for score. I think 20t is not beyond reach. I've got a new UPS so no more lost games. I'll post stats once I start and any special pics.

Jotentiosou
Jotentiosou
3 posts
Nomad

Hi all ! This game is so much addicted ! I just discovered this topic, searching for new strategies. I'm playing big games like you (I've never beat the 228 waves, but I keep trying, personal record at wave 210). I'm actually wave 190 for ID1, and almost the same for ID74 (my two favorites with Beyond Corruption).
I'm so happy I found this topic, I still have alot of pics of my previous attempts, and no one to talk with
I'll post my progress as soon as I start a new game too !

PS : I'm French, so please excuse my... poor language

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

im guessing its because i left, i could probably bring this back to sticky if i wanted but i havent came back yet

bear in mind im still watching these posts im simply waiting for somebody to make the first move before i consider coming back, this summer i may begin a huge game

i now have a personal laptop that has low lag and i can never shut it down so i could run it all summer if i wanted, it can even survive 4 hours worth of power outages so yay

munch whats the wave 245 hps? is realy like to see a wave 400 lvl id1, should be same hp

i wonder if 245 is farthest

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Connor,

I'm still at 245 (got sidetracked with some reading and of course work). I'm glad to hear about new laptop :-) I'll start adding on 2-3 lvls per day now. It's probably time to test a score play but that's a commitment of weeks and I still haven't mapped my highscore giants and other homework yet. When my hps get to 400m (no more realistic anger opportunities) I'll have to relearn how to score points again--heh heh. It takes ~ 1/2 to 3/4 hour to speed play now. I can still knock out all the waves (unangered obviously) w/ around 30 un-supered grade 14s and about 30% mana field. I have some short cuts to speed things up using shrines if your interested... when that day comes;-) or I could email my game if you like lvl ID50.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

more interested in 1 or 4

but im glad to hear it

their hp is 400m at wave 245?

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

I've upgraded the graphics card in my system, now I'm tempted to try another mega game of GC0, just to see how the lag has changed. But you know what? I just can't get into it anymore. I'm all played out.

Jotentiosou
Jotentiosou
3 posts
Nomad

ConnerC,

If you want to play low level, you have to anger far more. Monsters have low HP, so they die really soon. I'm wave 30 in map#1, only 100million points, 150k mana, and mana farm built. The monsters of wave 30 don't finish one lap until I anger them to 185 armor (15 times with grade 6) but they do only one lap... So you waste your mana angering all the waves to survive

This screen is my "best" start for map#1, and it's really bad compared to the final level...

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/xcecil/30.png[/IMG]

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

C,

hp @ 245 only 20m for wave of 6 giants. I upgraded mem and lost my 245 but had text file up to wave 202 and I've worked it back to 232. Wave 228 (good reference point = 6 giants at measly 10.5m hp, pts 50k.

Computer way too fast now. I can't work fast enough even at my best and get ahead of the computer with full farm and slow traps. When I do pts game I'll have to get my speed bumps in early too make sure that I get max time to super.

I haven't developed a sure method for supergeming...yet. Given gems P/T/O. I can't manipulate the monster hues, so I'll just have expect dmg at the middle between hi/lo. If I keep my #of big gems low enough I can adjust their hue to max dmg as the monsters come. They change 90 degrees every 6 waves gradually. If its higher than about 10 then I'd be spending too much time on that chore and not enough building anger gems and dmg. Lots of planning and some trial and error before I figure out best attack. I've got 9 more speed games (depending on hp growth could be more) before I start doing pt games.

Drawbacks: I'm spoiled by long track on GoE. Ba. Costs go up quick and waves come quicker => less time to work. around wave 110 monsters won't be moving much (if at all) anyway. experimented with trying to coral monsters into flash shrine zones not having the best luck. Best result putting 2 super blues at beginning of each zone and pulling shock towers and all other traps but still too many getting through because monsters sit on trap too long letting their brothers and sisters through.

All,\\
If you get bored take a look at 50 and post any strategies. Thanks.

g/l

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Another Double... I really don't think I'm in the way though :-)

Karsten,

Pick a mission and try the beginning... you'll get back into it I bet. Even if it's not GoE. I haven't touched GoE for a long time but now that I know I can't lose it because of computer problems I have a distant itch to see how much I can score before 228 with unassisted play... 20t?

Jo,

Re: low level play. The point is that you CAN anger lots and lots and lots ;-)

Jotentiosou
Jotentiosou
3 posts
Nomad

Yep, but you spend too much mana angering, you don't raise mana or damage. If you want to go to wave 500, you can because of monsters HP, but your score will be ridiculous. You'll have a low multiplicator.

I'll try to look at #50, but I want to know if you cover all the paths with mana farm. The main path is really short

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

wow so 20m giants means normal waves are about 5m, at 245 on id1 the hp is about 1.6m i tihnk, so only 3x more

whats the starting hp? on id 1 its 8 on normal mode but i think this is more than 24? meaning theytr pulin together

if 50 has a slower curve their hp should equal be wawve 512, making me think maybe all come to the same ammount no matter what the start is

anyways if its 3x hp but has flash shrine and giants then it may be better, id like some pics of course, how long are your games at that wave>

Showing 2041-2055 of 2103