ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491527
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
DaSickaJ
DaSickaJ
98 posts
Nomad

I have yet to try it out.
I will play it when all the excitement around it calms down.
Reading the game comments, it appears it's the exact same as gemrcaft, except different levels and layout.

Your holding a discussion on a game you know nothing about? wow dude lets give the know at all award to the president of the united states cause ya know.... obama knows everything...
fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

I am now attempting "the 228" without any speedhack, for the first time in many months.
For those of you who do not wish to read through nearly 228 pages of posts, the overall strategy is to have 1 mill max damage spread over 10 prismatics placed in traps, a R/B superslower gem at the front (1200 seconds of slow, minimum), and R/C traps filling the rest. (R/C/O ok.)
Current status:
waves called: 22/228
mana farm status: complete. (R/O/X grade 11, first half of track. more than that tends to cause too much lag)
R/C switchover: not initiated.
score: 1 billion.
primary gems (the prismatics):
gem 1: 30k
gem 2: 10k
gems3-10: <3k, but built.
superslower: 50 seconds.

aomont
aomont
6 posts
Peasant

Posted this at the "Support and Suggestions" forum but still no help...

"Before I came to Armorgames, I came across Gemcraft Chapter 0 at another website where it was available to download. After installed, I can play (some skills and amulets are not available, only when playing at a Armorgames) and, when I reach higher XP I can send the socre.
Can´t I submmit scores while playing in Armorgames ?"

Thanks

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

aomont, those score-submitting schemes are subject to faking, largely and deliberately, so eventually GiaB ripped the score sumbission off.

fractalman, good luck when you'll be done, say what do you think about "hardcore" challenge I proposed a while ago?

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

wooot fractals going for 228! ill be watching

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

morning update:
waves called: 25/228
supergems: #1-3 at 30k damage each
#4: 10k damage.
#5-10: 2k each
total: 110k/1 mill.
mana pool: 270k capacity.

I'm playing on a desktop this time, hopefully it proves to have more endurance than the laptop.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

well fractal does always had an incredible wave 1-40, i realy hope you put wave 42 at like 40m health, should have 500k firepower by then

RodnayZion
RodnayZion
11 posts
Peasant

I reckon it is a pretty good game even tho the player gets to much things to do and check, sometimes i am quite confused, but i fully love this game!

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

@RodnayZion: indeed, the initial struggle to figure out what works is what makes gemcraft in general so fun. the angering is what keeps it going for so long .

update:
wave 27 called, wave 28 almost called.
score: 3 billion
primary prismatic damage: ~200k. Plus some grade 13's in towers.
Monsters on the field: 1000. Whoops. (no, this isn't lethal, it's just laggy).

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

wave 30 called, 6 billion score, 700 monsters on the field.
damage: I've spread my prismatics around, so it's a bit hardt to total this up. Somewhere between 200k and 300k, though.

...still too laggy.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...Once again, the curse of real-life interference killed my attempt.

At least I know that I shold be able to set up in about 6 hours of actual playing, instead of the 10-20 I had previously supposed.

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

oh that's a pity. I expect you to get some sort of a vacation in order to try again, if you want to.

aomont
aomont
6 posts
Peasant

Thanks Vesperbot
Is it really possible to reach over 90.000.000.000.000 score like the ones reported ?

vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

aomont, yes, those scores are legit, however, the effort of earning THAT much took some two weeks of straight play IIRC. One good thing is that you are able to hibernate the computer while the game is paused. That also saves from becoming insane out of intense repetitive gameplay through a single level. They use #78 (GoE) level which has 228 waves of monsters that's possible to be defeated entirely without bombing the poor GoE. However, if you will play and win some 100-150 games of Beyond Corruption mode at a single level, say #1, you might earn comparable score there, although don't expect 90000G or even 90G scores to be easily achieveable.

Olddeath22
Olddeath22
33 posts
Nomad

Just started playing, done 3 levels.

Showing 2071-2085 of 2103