ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491526
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

To save/copy a Gemcraft game to another computer or another site (except Kongregate):

Save:
On the screen to save the games, under the save game slots, there is a block with a lot of text. Place your cursor in there. Click Ctrl-A (select all), then Ctrl-C (Copy). Open Notepad on your computer, click Ctrl-V (Paste) and then you have a file to save.

Copy:
Open the file in Notepad, follow the steps as above, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C and then start Gemcraft and select Continue. When the screen opens to select a saved game, there is a block. Place your cursor in there and click Ctrl-V (Paste). Now click Load and you are good to go.

Enjoy.

O

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Multiplayer? For Gemcraft?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

vinster132-there's no multiplayer in gemcraft. If you want a multiplayer, try Hex TD.

munch-I'm not on drugs, unless you count the internet as one.
I recognized an element of your avatar.
Flash circle TD has a similar symbol in the middle.

My computer is starting to get a little unstable-for safety, I'm going to quit, as soon as i finish off some of these giants...I'll have somewhere between 150bill and 200 bill score.
It will likely be christmas before I can try again; I am loosing some of the drive I once possesed, and there are projects in the meantime.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I'm just saying "should we have multiplayer for it?"

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Vin,

How would you put it into a competitive format? Gems that transfer monsters from one player to another? Pts/time? Stealing spells? Gem bombing each others towers? Un-angering eachother's monsters maybe?

What's your vision? :-)

KronXIII
KronXIII
1 posts
Peasant

i don't think a multi version of gemcraft is viable. the game is already complicated enough... (coming from a guy who can't pass the first epic lvl --' and adding multi node would just muddy the gameplay furthermore; what could eventually be done (and not only for gemcraft) is put a mode in which you play the OTHER side. ( i've always wanted to be the bad guys in a TD-type game...) then you could multi that script _maybe_.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

...actually, in a sense, you do play the monsters in gemcraft chapter 0, via angering...although you play them to make them as strong as possible without being lethal.

"reverse tower defense", where you controll the creeps, the computer places towers, and you need to make em leak...it's somewhere on www.towerdefence.net

AsSto
AsSto
64 posts
Nomad

After the virtual machine that makes the game possible to save. I've found another great utility program for supergemming .

Try that :A macro recorder.

I use a precedent version of this one. That's very easy to use. However that's a shareware.

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

assto, before i look into that link, is it safe, and what does it do :O

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

The link from AsSto is safe. It is the website of the company that makes the macro recorder.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

my friend has a free one, ive used it for other games i have thought of using it to supergem actualy, simply click start, do like 1 minutes of your fastest supergemming u can(best to have 2m+ mana so you can do a solid minute of mega fast supergemming) then stop, and it can repeat the action any time

AsSto
AsSto
64 posts
Nomad

Do you have the link of your free recorder ConnerC? I've not found anyone. That will keep me from dealing with my registry base.

hippyman, the macro recorder register all your keyboard/mouse actions. So you can replay it or assign it to a shortcut.
You can make a supergem cession (take focus, create 36 gems, take the gem in a tower and merge it with the 36 gems, replace the gem in the same tower). With this recorder, you can edit the record with notepad ++ and adjust delay, remove some bad mouse moved ... Once done you can keep it in a text file and copy paste it several time to create a new one according to your mana pool size.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

its on my other comp i could get you a link later but not now my friends the one who got it

4metalandrey4
4metalandrey4
4 posts
Nomad

It's fun but extreamly hard

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

okay, munch, i have a question and a request for you if the game you are currently doing fails in any way.

Do whatever it is you do for the 1st part, but only get up to exactly 4,002,000 max pool size, then from that point on, dont anger.

I say this because for me, from waves 100-200(i tried this last nite) i successfully made 5 50k tower gems, and kicked ass.

Had no problems whatsoever until ~205 when they started gaining in numbers.

I had a screenshot taken, but forgot to upload. had like 20 good lvl7 r/o gems, and only 5 gems on the field.

Showing 1411-1425 of 2103