ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491525
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
HuDat
HuDat
1 posts
Nomad

does anybody know when the new gemcraft is coming out?

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

does anybody know when the new gemcraft is coming out?

Not soon.
ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

hippy but you still shold fill the path, and its addicting to go for higher score, the game will be laggy if you want to win anyways so it will take the same time weather you get 50b or 6t usualy

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Connor,

Your in luck. I take requests!! Consider it done but lets not count our failures before thay're hatched:-) Just like the energizer bunny... still going.

4,002,000??? Arbitrary?

So your total arsenal was only 250K? + mana farm?!

Counter to any intelligence I just angered 153 to 203monst X 800m. I believe if I can get rid of these by 184-186 I'm set to finish. (might be later I need to have 105 traps at 100K (tower) built by 194 and I lose ALL construction efficiency when I have traps in. For example w/20 high speed traps in it takes one full mana pool charge to combine 1 tray to a lvl 11. Yes thats right. So have to build every thing in towers first and then drop all at once.

That's workaround number 1. I developed my first glitch at 140. Non-fatal but a nuisance. My prismatics won't respec. Just suddenlty won't do it any more. I've done it the same way a thousand times. Just stopped. So I spent 1 wave proving to myself that it really doesn't work anymore (yes by doing the same thing over and over again). And 2 waves developing a work around which is tedious (it involves 4 lvl 11 pure gems to get one working prismatic).

Who said it would be easy?

I'll do an update post tomorrow. Off to work.

Oh and G/L. Try the same thing but get a little more dmg out there and see what happens.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

at least your glitch wasnt fatal, mine made my gems max at grade 7

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

munch, again you addressed it to the wrong person :P

and ya, my arsenal was ~250k and a small path of R/O gems.

I'm testing simplicity over anything else.

only took me ~3-4 hours to achieve this...

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

over 200 monsters at nearly 1b hp munch your crazy. thats like waves 215-228 in 1 wave, what was score per kill? 2m? cuz at 2m by the time they die with like 700 multiplier thats still like 400b

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

HIPPYMAN,

I am so sorry. I am so bleary eyed sometimes early in the morning I don't look close enough. I'll NOT do it again!

I'm assuming at that low dmg in your arsenal that the monsters started piling up in the low 180s? and it was probably pretty crowded by the time you blew it up? Keep building dmg then. If all my angering gems had gone to super gemming I would would be way over 20m dmg and with a lot less risk of losing my game:-)

While I'm laboring on with my CF why don't you try what your doing but add in a couple of strategies. Like a few (not many) more traps and a lot more dmg. You can't kill an elephant with a bb gun. This is a quick and dirty time calc for if you were getting maximum dmg in traps over 5 monsters at all times w/ the last 50 waves ~ 500b hp (way best case, probably way more) your DPS=250K * 5 (# of monsts) / 5(trap value) *1018 (firing speed)*66% (lime)/ 60 ~ 7m hp/sec. So 500b/7m hp ~71K seconds. or ~1,190 min. or 20 hours. If you were getting min dmg this would quickly pop up to 100 hours. Or if Gem specs weren't perfect double it or more. Add 20% for "shadow." Who knows in people hours depends on machine etc. You might also want to invest in slowing every one down to avoid the banishment costs late in the game because if you keep your dmg in 5 gems (25 monsts) everyone else can run around willy nilly. I've got some giants that are on their 2nd or 3rd (not sure) lap after 20 waves and their banishment costs are nothing (1,588... see pic 'wave 143'. If they were on their 10th lap their banishment cost would be ~400,000.

Did you send any waves early? Toward the end you might want to avoid this (see above time calc.)

I think your on to something but there are a few kinks to work out via trial and error. You've given me something to think about at least. Who knows you may finish before I do :-)
Let me know how it goes. Very curious.

I'm doing this in two posts or it will be a novel.

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Okay heres a quick game update. The pics I've just quick captioned them so you can view whichever ones interest you.

Highlights:

hit 5t, at wave 147. Finally used a grade 19 to anger (I gave it a proper blessing before its use), Pd off quite a few giants that are/will be around for quite a while (yes I've named all 878 of them... (see pic 'wave 159' ensuring I will never have to anger again... forever. Well maybe not for ever... no forever. Well, yeah no. I guess.

Lowlights:

-First major glitch at 140. Non-fatal but will slow down dmg production. (see previous post) No worries though I have 40 waves to do nuthin but build. It feels good to make stuff that I'm not going to blow up.

-I have to pull my traps because when my (I don't know if this happens to everyone) game lags my dmg production/per wave gets reduced. I'll try to explain. Well here its simple, Gem combinations slow down but the wave movement doesn't. Or more aptly the gem combination slows down MORE w/respect to the wave/mana/shooting/ etc. So in the time it takes to combine one tray into a level 11 gem the mana pool has filled up from scratch and then some. It doesn't seem fair it just is.

-Angered wave 153 to 198 monsters at 700m hp, 3m pts. This could be under highlight, only time will tell `:-|

- Estimated score - 6.91t aaaaggghhh! Here in lies the dilemma. And I have to decide soon.

- I need to have 105 towers to put back into traps. Worried about hueing. Forgot I had to have it divided up. duh

SKINNY:
wave 159, 5.47t pts, *585 multiplier
Arsenal: 7.8m
lag report: just above unbearable but the # of foes is going to go down soon
Music: NIN, Adam Carolla Podcasts, and 'Ocean Sounds, Songs of the Humback whale' for waves 140-143 (I was close to pulling the plug), Frankenstein audiobook

Pics - enjoy

Wave 133: Anger specs for wave 134
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav133.png

Wave 141: Beginning of descent into insanity.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav141.png

Wave 143: No traffic cops - check these specs, 17 waves later BC only 1588. Check speed, and this guy is tearing it up compared to some others.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav143.png

Wave 147: simply 5t
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav147.png

Wave 152: lvl 19 angering gem. Note that whopping max dmg :-P Or not.
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav152.png

Wave 152b: Proof that I only angered them 5 times
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav153.png

Wave 159: 878 of my closest friends, Yes, they are all Giants
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav159.png

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

amazing so far, i think 7t is totaly possible so dont go doubting it, ull be at like 6.5 when those giants on the screen die, next giant wave u get go for 100 monsters at 1b hp, its alot but its slightly easier than ur wave 153, and just 1b hp looks cool cuz clicking the monster has the hp in 2 lines

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

just basicly beat gemcraft. my mana pool is about 2 quadrillion, it shows up as 2.12341234123432 e^15 or whatever at max, and i can only see it when i have under 10k mana, which i get 1k mana per second after which point it just shows up as a blank bar showing "mana:" it looks like i haxed but i didnt a bit, i got a grade 15 gem with 500 firing speed

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

nice...
now, just don't cause the program to crash, ok?...

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

conner, what hax did u use???
and if its at 2 quadrillion, beat it already and post on my thing what happens

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

actualy now my mana pool is at over 1 octillian, pultipliers like x50, i got a grade 15 with 1k firing speed, about to put it in and kill the boss in ilke 2 seconds

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

GCO or GC??

wtf are you doing.
wth is goin on.
and finally
WHAAAT?

Showing 1426-1440 of 2103