ForumsGamesALL things Gemcraft 0 here!

2103 491947
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

This is a reminder to all the people who haven't checked yet, as well as a general discussion on the game.

Discuss.

• 2,103 Replies
Banishment
Banishment
3 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure I do. How about slowing gems? They were key in my best try so far.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

I keep loosing track of which level does which; I am uncertain if the skill-poing cost of having slowing gems available is worth the tactical benifit of slowing the monsters down...

Somewhere in the middle of your play, you should be able to anger with grade 11 gems; the waves previous should be angered with 6-8.
If you start off right, you should be able to easily make grade 11 gems before wave 40...i'd say wave 20-25, but that's with all skills maxed.
(I've started a map one-only file of my own, but it's got a ways to go.)

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

grade 16 at wave 24 i win =p, im trying an attempt atm for all 228, i only have 6 mana traps and 5 tower so no lag, however i made wave 70 in 1 huor and i have over 100k firepower, im actualy gonna try one of fractasl extremely quick attemps where i have 1m max dmg and then toward teh end make 105 red/cyans + red/blues and let towers slowly chip away

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

hahaha conner you cant beat my speed :P

my record is wave 120 in 1 hour
with 150k firepower

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

wave 120 in one hour...I think we can all do that, but only by sacrificing all chance of good score and the 228 waves. If you indeed have only 150 k firepower...I can usually manage that by around wave 40.
Not to mention I recently managed to dislodge the gem just before wave 10...could've managed 9 if I hadn't missed angering one of the waves.

Oh, and connor-I discovered that 2 million firepower is ideal; 2 million could work with R/B, R/C, with a bit of margin room; 1 mill demands perfect execution of a R/C, R/B, R/C swapping.
That's with the prismatics doing trap-damage.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

ah, edit button...
I'd rearange the last post
if it were present.

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

2 hours, wave 74, 250k firepower, 10b score(probably finish with 40b im not worried about score, if i wnated score id get 10t on 91)

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

uh, conner...I'd recommend picking up the pace with your supergemming a tad bit-considering that you've built firepowers of 10million, you should be able to build 2 million without too much difficulty or lag.
(2 million is much, much safer).

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

yea im going for 2m, i got my pace planned out

250k at 74

500k at 91

750k at 126

1m at 153

1.5m at 200

2m at 228 with my good mana farm + holder gems ready

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

fractal i guarentee u could put in a very decent attempt in 12 hours, come back and do a quick game like im doing, it will be the new trend lol

yea im guessing this game will take abuot 16 hours to get to 228 so very fast, then about 4 hours of teeth clenching excitement to see if i win or die

hippyman
hippyman
127 posts
Nomad

conner, if you win, lemme know what happens
if it DOES repeat, just repeat your process til you have like 20mil firepower and see what happens xD

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

im hoping it repeats so i can go from a puny attempt to a real attempt the next round, yea i added my first 2 100k traps and theyre doing great, wave 85 400k firepower, putting normal waves at 200m and giants at 1-2b hp per, should have 5 100k traps soon cuz i got 3 at 60-70k then ill start my second round where i strat fersh on 5 nwe towers which at 100k will turn into traps 6-10, oh im thru the lag, by wave 100 my waves will have about 150 monsters each and ill stop angering at around 190

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

I'll see what I can do sometime...maybe.

Whatever happens at the end, I doubt it repeats, that would be WAY too abusable. (Almost as abusable as flat-out hacking the multiplier, really.)

munch
munch
194 posts
Peasant

Well I have discovered the most unique way to die. Check this out -

http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_End.png

Can't get it to goooooo away!

The games still running in the back ground but wont accept any input from the keyboard or mouse. Can't get it to stop or even hiccup. In fact just to huant me it's making this post lag three or four words behind my typing. Talk about ghost in the machine. Just in time for Halloween:-)

Now if I had spent all that anger time on arsenal I would have a more than fair chance of finishing but I just angered wave 170 to 167 monsters at 1.44b hp. I was thinking I would have until the end of time to build my arsenal but now its frozen at 8.94m mostly in towers.

No options here, can't build , can't send the waves, cant put it 3X speed, can't put my towers in traps, can't even slow down the monsters more than the existing 55%. So in the end poof... BCd out.
I have some really ghastly analogies here but I really can't post them.

At least I'll hold the pts and manapool records for a while. Can't be for long though the way everybody's games are evolving so quickly.

BEfore I post this I'll go grab a picture of that anger wave in case your curious-

Wave 168 - Heres the level 20 anger gem I started it off with
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav168a.png

Wave 168b - Heres the anger specs - only 4 times 1X20, 3X19
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/Munch_022/GEMg3_wav168.png

Anybody got a work around for this one? Help - Plz ~.~

ConnerC
ConnerC
652 posts
Peasant

you could hit controll + alt + delete so that task manager opens then on task manager look at open programes, go to your adobe updater thing and right click to close it, possible chance to close game but it may delete it

Showing 1456-1470 of 2103