ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Contest: Fear (Page 35)

359 92116
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The green light has been given! After weeks of preparation, the Contest can be launched!

This has been brewing in many users' mind for awhile. Enter the Official Writing Contest!

General Rules

1)Submissions for the context must specify the word count implemented.
2)It must adhere to the period's theme as the main idea, or at least have some connection.
3)It must be submitted by the deadline. (The deadline will be according to AG time so that people will not be confused by the timeframe/exploit difference in time zones.)
4)A winner cannot win twice in a row, though he or she can submit an entry the next week.
5)Winners get a merit.

What not to include

1)No excessive inappropriate language, such as vulgarities, swearing. This includes slandering anyone in the AG community.
2)No slandering of race, religion, culture, language of people.
3)No sexual references or innuendoes, though romantic scenes such as kissing can be included.

Actions that lead to disqualification

1)No plagiarism. If it has been discovered that the story has been copied, e.g. the plot has been copied, the user will be disqualified with immediate action. However, elements of inspiration can be allowed.
2)Only one submission is allowed for each user. So please do not create multiple accounts for multiple entries. If it has been discovered that a user has submitted many entries due to this method, he or she will be disqualified.
3)If someone's username is used as a character's name or mentioned in the story, ask for permission first. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.

Judge: Me, though I will appoint someone else if I want to take part.

Current Theme: Fire. Fiery start eh?

Deadline: 31st May (Two weeks)

Without further ado, let it begin!

*Note: Everything is subjected to change!

• 359 Replies
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Yay for fire. It has some ups and downs, but mostly ups. What's so good? You can figure it out! You can light people on fire. Isn't that amazing? It rocks my socks! I repeat, you can actually light people on fire! Pure ownage! Did you know that fire is spelled with an F; not an E? Amazing! Truly fabulous.
Fire is like a rainbow.. Beautiful, many colors and best of all, you need 2 materials to make fire. Heat and oxygen. Yup, that is all you really need! Fire can kill and save lives. It makes a fiery excitement! Will it burn? That is the question!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Did you know that fire is spelled with an F; not an E?

...but there's an E and an F in "fire"...

Er, nichodemus, I think you forgot to specify the most important thing: this is a short story contest, yes?

I'll come up with an entry, though it will have to be quick.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

That is the point.... o_o
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Submissions for the context must specify the word count implemented.

So they can be any length s long as the word count is stated?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. . .dis iz mah contest. I'll try for an entry.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*Goes Grammar Nazi*

That should be and a F not 'an.' Epic Fail Strop. Epic Fail.

So it is short story then...not just all writing in general?

I could probably come up with something for this...according to a few people I know I have a way with words...but I don't really know.

I will enter tomorrow!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

@KR: Need I comment? I think not. . . .

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Re: I forgot the word count!

Right, so it'll be 500-2000 words, give or take ten percent. Any more, I'm not required to read. But you know...I may...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

@KR: Need I comment? I think not. . . .

I'm just going a little crazy tonight. Oh well...off to bed then!

2000?? That's an awful lot for a short story. Oh well. All the more to write!
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

2000?? That's an awful lot for a short story. Oh well. All the more to write!

It actually isn't. The word count goes by really fast.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

What? It is supposed to be a story? I thought it was supposed to be writing, so I did a commercial..

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Sorry about the whole story or writing thing. It is a short story.

Getting a mod to change it. For now, just tell anyone that you find writing something that is not a short story!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Once upon a time there was a fire named fire. Fire was in a world called world. World was a fabulous world indeed. But an evil force ruled the world. The evil force was evil. It was the water king. It was the king of all water people. They were made of water. The world is not fabulous anymore! It is up to fire to kill the evil water king! How will he? Find out after this short break!

----
Yay for fire. It has some ups and downs, but mostly ups. What's so good? You can figure it out! You can light people on fire. Isn't that amazing? It rocks my socks! I repeat, you can actually light people on fire! Pure ownage! Did you know that fire is spelled with an F; not an E? Amazing! Truly fabulous.
Fire is like a rainbow.. Beautiful, many colors and best of all, you need 2 materials to make fire. Heat and oxygen. Yup, that is all you really need! Fire can kill and save lives. It makes a fiery excitement! Will it burn? That is the question!

----

Okay, I hoped you enjoyed the commercial.
We are now back from the commercial.
Now, Fire went to the water king. He said "Hamster Jelly". The king hated Jelly. He choked and died. Now Fire rules the world!... But one of the water people trips and soaks Fire with water. Now Fire is dead!

-THE END-

Do you think I am supposed to count all those words? >_>

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

1,2,3, <Miss a few> I think that about 242 words Zega.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Pixie... Did you really count them?

Showing 1-15 of 359