ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWhodunit?

135 19816
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Ok well I'm pretty sure a lot of us has read a mystery story at some point, whether it be because you enjoy such stories, were so bored out of your mind you would do anything, or because it was an English assignment. Either way, that's what this thread is about. Somewhat.
Here's the deal of the Whodunit thread, which is slightly a contest. I will write a mystery story. Within said story will be several subtle clues as to whom the perpetrator is, however never will the story state clearly the perpetrator, how they committed their crime, the motive, or anything likewise. That...will be your job.
You, the reader, will attempt to solve the crime. The first person to correctly guess the perpetrator, how they did it, their motive for doing it, when and where the crime took place, and solid evidence that your theory is correct, will win. Winner's prize will be to give me a plot line, characters, etc. for the next mystery, if they wish. That of course, is optional. If no one has guessed the right answer in five days, then I will pronounce the mystery as unsolved, and you will have to pace trying to figure it out. You can still guess what happened in a previous unsolved mystery and I will tell you if correct or incorrect, but you will gain nothing from it.
Understood?
Terrific. I will release the first story shortly.

• 135 Replies
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have made some thoughts, but I have to think about it more. I have to get my man, cause I am a well known forensic AG user.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Okay, here's what I think...

The murderer is, as crimsonblade said, in fact Charles Wyatt. Proof being he is left-handed and he takes the same anti-hallucination drug found on the railing and on the wall of the living room.

But why would the victim's best friend want to kill him? I noticed how the victim had a possible affair going on with Cynthia Monroe who happens to be married with Victor Monroe. So I think that the motive was Victor Monroe knew about the affair, so he hired Charles, the most gullible one because of his mental problem, to kill the victim. And the employees at the funeral all said things about how he deserved it and whatnot because they all knew about the affair. Including the wife.

Now for Thomas Hack. He said two different times because he was probably drunk when he went to the victim's house. And as for Maria Tudor, I have no idea as to why she said the things she said. The first being: Let nothing be said of the dead but what is good or something along those lines. And second being: What comes around goes around.

Now I must rest because my brain hurts. =P

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Oh darn, I forgot to say why Charles got killed. I'm guessing that Victor killed him because Charles finally realized what in the world just happened and was going to report it. But Victor didn't want to be found out, so he just killed Charles.

Now all I need is luck!

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Papi you are indeed close. Unfortunately you are incorrect. And no one has yet attempted to explain why Charles Wyatt was found dead. That's important as well!
But in your Latin you get an A+. That is what Maria Tudor said.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Argh! I knew something wasn't right. And I actually just Googled that phrase cause it seemed like something you wouldn't just make up. I'll keep thinking...

And just out of curiosity, who was closer, me or crimsonblade?

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

*checks*
Well you were both fairly close but fell so far off with the...nevermind, I can't give anything away. I think you were both about the same.
Oh lol. Basically it's the Latin version of "speak no ill of the dead"
Oops didn't read your second post. Sorry, disregard that last bit about the Wyatt death. I'm trying to simultaneously do my homework and take care of this thread...

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Homework *GASP*! So am I right about it?

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Long story is long.

Impatient Spencer is about to read.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Homework *GASP*! So am I right about it?

No. Yes, homework. No, you are totally wrong.
Long story is long.
Impatient Spencer is about to read.

Yes, it's long...but not as long as yours is! I beat ya!
Yes, let's get the review. And why are you impatient? I didn't take that long to write.
PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

Darn it. I'll have to use my brain again...when I'm in the mood.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Yes, let's get the review. And why are you impatient? I didn't take that long to write.

Impatient Spencer is impatient because he's stressy and would be done with storeh had he not gone to get cookie.
Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

And how did Graham feel when you came to pick him up like a soccermom? Eh?
Lol that above was my lame attempt at a joke.
And what do you mean?
Anyways, we wantz reviews! More specifically, I want a correct answer so I can start writing the next mystery before the ideas all fall out of my brain.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

That's exactly why they invented paper and pencil. So you could store your ideas! -_-

No, seriously.

As I was reading the story, I was writing all the important facts on piece of paper. Helps me think.

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

I would write it down. But I just wrote for 7 hours, 7 and a half if you count homework. The calluses on my fingers where the pencil touches still haven't grown back, and my fingers are all raw and red. It hurts to write stuff down. I just need to hang on until those calluses grow back.
Anyhow, I'll be watching this thread.

PrivatePapi
PrivatePapi
1,107 posts
Nomad

What in the world are calluses? And 7.5 hours. Gee, that's a lot.

Showing 16-30 of 135